Options

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    wow this is a pretty amazing group....
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My pictures and measurements will come tomorrow. I still havent picked up a new tape. And I'll have my fiance take the pics for me.

But, to catch up from Monday:

Goals:
    Weekly:
    Monday- Physical Therapy
    Tuesday- Wii Fit 30 Day Challenge
    Wednesday- Wii Fit 30 Day Challenge
    Thursday- Wii Fit 30 Day Challenge
    Friday- Physical Therapy
    Saturday- 3 slow miles of walking
    Sunday- 3 slow miles of walking

Month: Go to physical therapy and improve so I can workout normal again
    Eat within my calories 90% of the time
    Work on my upper body strength

Year: Lose tons of inches and get small enough to make the $275 for altering my wedding dress worth it!

5 Years: Have a better job to buy us a larger house to raise a growing family. I hope to have 1-2 children by then. I wish for twins.

Long shot- To have worked on a TV/Movie Set at least once in my life.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Things that make me unique and awesome

1. I have very blue eyes that change shades depending on my mood.
    2. I am a proud aunt of 5 kids
    3. I have lost 33 lbs on my own since 2009
    4. I have over come many adversities due to my disabilities that most people have not -- I am hearing impaired and physically disabled (paralyzed in the ankles)
    5. I have 4 sisters all older than me and we are VERY close, even though we do not always agree on everything lol
    6. I am a great friend always there when I’m needed in good times or in bad.
    7. I have a "shunt" in my head that I have had for 26+ yrs and never have needed a revision for it since I was a day old!!!!
    8. I am knowledgeable in computers, that I can answer a lot of questions that my family and friends can't.
    9. I am double jointed and it drives my family CRAZY haha
    10. I am finishing my last year of college despite all the challenges I have gone through with my disabilities!!! :)

I'm still working on those push ups.... Those are TOUGH lol... :)

My exercise goals which can change depending on how busy my days are...

Monday: work out 60 mins before school (preferably in morning)
    Tuesday: work out 60 mins after school (watch BL on tape)
    Wednesday: work out 60 mins before school (in morning)
    Thursday: BREAK
    Friday: Work out during the day (60 mins)
    Saturday: BREAK
    SUNDAY: BREAK

I may end up working out on the days I set a "break" for but a lot has been going on that those days I normally don't work out much on neways... I usually dont do breaks because I don't feel I need it, but I'm trying to add them in just in case.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I passed out last night and totally forgot ... here are my 10 things .. and wow was this hard ...

1. I hate chicken ... the smell, the feel, the texture ... I will not eat it if I didn't prepare it myself.
    2. I was Miss 4-H back in the day .. no lie .. I walked across the Cow Palace in a prom dress and it had cow poop all over the bottom of it
    3. I adore animals and one of my biggest regrets is that I did not become a vet. I let a day on a cow farm ruin that dream for me ... sticking your arm up to the elbow down a cow's butt to check on the babies is quite overwhelming for a 6th grader.
    4. I LOVE my job ... I work for the best people ever and they realize that I have a life outside of work
    5. My favorite city is Boston .. I lived there in the late 80's and did not appreciate it at that time. Luckily I get to travel there often and I hope to one day move back there
    6. On the Boston note, I am a huge Red Sox fan .. I love baseball probably because I played softball for so many years .. thanks DAD!
    7. I adore my bike ... there is nothing like being clipped into my bike, alone on the road for hours at a time .. it's not even about the workout .. it's the place I feel free
    8. There is only one person in this world who knows the real me and I am thankful every single day that this person came into my life ...
    9. I have never broken a bone.
    10. I refuse to go with the crowd and am often seen as snobby or mean ... it's just me. I learned a long time ago to be true to myself and not let others sway the way I want to be.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    10 things that make me unique:

1. I was an alternate to compete in the Beijing Olympics in 2008
    2. I have a heart-shaped face that I have really come to love
    3. I'm ambidextrous
    4. I am a 4-time athletic and academic All-American
    5. I have a bachelor's degree in Geological Engineering, a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, and am 1/2 way through my PhD in Environmental Water Resources Engineering
    6. My husband and I are in the same field -- he has a bachelor's and master's degree in Geological Engineering
    7. I have a full-blood basset hound named Watson
    8. My husband and I just rescued another basset hound-- we get to pick him up on Saturday! His name will be Doyle.
    9. I crochet as a hobby, and my favorite thing to do is to crochet gifts for people
    10. I have competed and medalled in 5 world cups, world championships, junior world championships, and 10 other international competitions

I'm loving reading all of these unique things about my fellow MFPers!
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know I am late! I have been super busy.

Measurements and pictures will be posted at the end!

10 things that make me unique:

1. I am a dancer
    2. I play World of War Craft!
    3. I am a 4th generation California born girl!
    4. I have never broken a bone or had surgery
    5. My eyes change colors
    6. I love ALL music genres to an extent!
    7. I am Swedish, Irish, Scottish, German, English and Dutch.
    8. I am a fantastic cook and baker
    9. My goal is to own a dance studio and/or café.
    10. I live with my boyfriend and we have two indoor kitties (2.5 and 3 years of age) and we treat them like our babies.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Realized that I never posted my wall squat and push up challege results.

Push Ups (Standard)
    Set 1 - 11
    Set 2 - 9

Wall Squats
    Set 1 - 1 min 6 sec
    Set 2 - 54 sec

I cannot wait to see what my improvement will be come the end of the month on these little challeges, especially if I incorporate lots of squats and push ups into my routines.
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I plan to stay within 100 of my daily calories. Exercise as planned, drink at least 9 cups of water daily and get at least 6 hours sleep. Any more water than 10-11 cups i cannot take the train, i would be peeing everywhere. lol.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm running behind right now:

10 things that make Apryl awesome:
    1. I have 3 tattoos (one of Curious George)
    2. I ran my first half marathon last month and plan on running a marathon eventually (hopefully next year)
    3. I am a landlord against my will; I had a house I couldn't sell after a divorce and have had to rent it
    4. I am a huge football fan!
    5. I live in Missouri: I love the Tigers (Go Mizzou!) but despise the Cardinals
    6. I got my CPA during my graduate year of school
    7. I am studying to become a personal trainer through NASM
    8. I fell in LOVE with the beach after I lived in San Diego after high school
    9. I am helping my mom and my boyfriend lose weight right now
    10. When I get to maintenance, I plan on getting another tattoo to commemorate the accomplishment but I haven't decided yet what it will be....ideas? :smile:
  • aprylkemper
    Options
    I made daily goals for myself this week, has been kinda fun, they've been able to keep me grounded in a week that is extremely busy for me. Examples are: finish eating by 8 pm, add spinach to my protein shake, try a new recipe, no processed foods today, etc. I'm a goal-a-holic ;)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I love reading people's 10 Things! Seems like there are a lot of animal-loving, country folk on here. I love animals, but was never a true country girl. Also, lots of people from big families!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    HeHe... this post is only a TINY bit late ;) Yesterday was an epic fail for me--so I'm pretending it didn't happen and here I am now!

10 Things About Me/Why I'm Unique:
    1. I dance & sing in my car--and do it "bigger" if someone catches me
    2. My curves aren't going anywhere--size 2 or size 20, I'll always be a curvy gal
    3. I can run 5+ miles w/o stopping or walking
    4. I love the color pink and am unashamed to show it!
    5. I enjoy and look forward to my BodyRock workouts (I think some would actually say this makes me a sadist!)
    6. I have RadioDisney songs on my iPod... and they inspire me. Also, my daughter calls me into the room when "Hot Lava" comes on Jade & the Neverland Pirates b/c I just LOVE it!!!
    7. I can make a yummy meal fr/random things in the pantry... no matter what is in there.
    8. I enjoy working out math problems/working with numbers, and reading ANYTHING (this includes instruction manuals)
    9. I am kind to a fault, and would literally give you the shirt off my back
    10.I own a 22-250 rifle and have better aim than my husband... but I'd like a bigger gun

Love this sharing item! :happy:
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Well, unique is an interesting term...could be good or could be bad, right?

10 Things that make me somewhat unique

1. I have a bit of a sixth sense and often times feel things that are about to happen
    2. I weaned myself off of hormone therapy a month after a hysterectomy and have never gone back.
    3. I have been blessed with the priviledge of having adopted, cared for, and held an HIV+ child who died at home, almost 11 yrs ago. She lived to be almost 9, when it was thought she would never make it to age 3.
    4. I see ghosts
    5. I have lost more weight in the last year than I have in my entire life.
    6. I was born in St Thomas, in the Virgin Islands, grew up speaking english (if you can call it that), French and have learned Spanish.
    7. I have a unique sense of humor, coupled with sarcasm, wit, really bad puns and overall silliness.
    8. I used to be a very angry person, but people who know me know today can't even fathom that. Those who have known me both then and now cannot get over the transformation that has happened since I met my better half, some almost 12 years ago.
    9. I sleep with the windows open and the fan going no matter what the season, and often times sleep with just a sheet.
    10. I have very few, what I would consider to be really close friends. I let very few people close to me, and if you hurt me or lose my trust, it is very hard to gain it back.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, LOVE reading these!

So... I am a day behind and have had a kind of sore throat/feeling like I'm fighting something off for two days now. I have therefore managed to misread my Challenge calendar completely. So here's yesterday's share, guys, and tomorrow I'll hit today's planks and lunges, and... there are no elevators in Santa Fe, I don't think, so I'll keep on going up and down stairs and hills as per usual :wink:

10 UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT ME
    by me, Hannah

1. I am in a critically acclaimed band with my husband in which I play bass and sing, and I didn't learn bass till I was 30.
    2. I used to own an independent bookshop with my husband.
    3. My friends and family think that I am fair, balanced, wise and funny, but most of them also think I talk too much, and I suspect they are right.
    4. I star in a forthcoming underground film by Jon Moritsugu and Amy Davis (2012).
    5. I looked after my maternal grandmother/best friend through her weeks in hospice care on a family property 9 years ago.
    6. I think I'm put together funny. I have double-jointed thumbs and I think also shoulders. However, I am extremely inflexible through forward bends - I think a sciatic thing and how I'm put together rather than tight hamstrings - I have to bend my knees to FEEL hamstring stretches versus discomfort across my low back/hips. I have a longer than average back and shorter than average legs. At 5' 8", I often wear "short" length trousers and jeans. Regulars just barely barely work.
    7. I'm good at a lot of different things and have a lot of different professional and academic experience, but remain a little bit rootless as I age. I have decided to call this "being a renaissance woman" rather than "being a slacker without a defined professional career".
    8. I used to be fluent in German, now I'm rusty. I have some passing facility with Spanish and Italian and can read a bit of French.
    9. I am more likely to trust people too much than not enough.
    10. I make short videos of our rescue radgoll cats, from time to time. However, this is the opposite of unique behavior in the modern world, BUT I felt obliged to throw in an animal reference.
  • aprylkemper
    Options
    I love everyone's lists! I've learned I have something (or quite a few somethings) in common with all of you!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

2. I ran my first half marathon last month and plan on running a marathon eventually (hopefully next year)
    3. I am a landlord against my will; I had a house I couldn't sell after a divorce and have had to rent it
    10. When I get to maintenance, I plan on getting another tattoo to commemorate the accomplishment but I haven't decided yet what it will be....ideas? :smile:

gold star???
  • aprylkemper
    Options

gold star???

That's a good idea....I was thinking something that meant 'I did it!' that wouldn't be weird or need a lot of explaining, like 'Why do you have a scale tattooed on your forehead?' :laugh: I hadn't thought of that yet!
    I would like it to be somewhere I can see it everyday as a reminder but somewhere I could cover it up (being an accountant and needing to look serious sometimes)
  • aprylkemper
    Options
    I'm quite disappointed in the participation...come on group!

My 10 things that make me unique
    1. I have three "first names" (cassandra, kaitlin, stacey) in my name.
    2. I have a sick obsession with planning and scheduling things.
    3. I'm equally good at numbers and writing
    4. I LOVE working out
    5. i'm always missing my second toe nails from October-March (race season)
    6. I can motivate others well
    7. I was in orchestra in high school.
    8. If i had to choose I'd pick my dog over my hubby
    9. i have more athletic shoes than dress shoes (same goes for work out clothes/work clothes)
    10. i'm an attention *kitten*

We might be related!! (2,3,4,7 - concert band, 9 are me too!)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i am planning on getting a gold star on my newly flattened hip bone at the end...with or without a tummy tuck....when the horrible yucky "apron" i have on the front of me is gone, a tattoo is going there in it's place :laugh:
    That's a good idea....I was thinking something that meant 'I did it!' that wouldn't be weird or need a lot of explaining, like 'Why do you have a scale tattooed on your forehead?' :laugh: I hadn't thought of that yet!
    I would like it to be somewhere I can see it everyday as a reminder but somewhere I could cover it up (being an accountant and needing to look serious sometimes)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    no stairs today but i did park far away from my son's entrance to school and walked him to the front door...i also parked on the street at work versus in our lot right in front of our building....if i go somewhere with stairs and an elevator i always take the stairs now anyway lol....have a great day folks...