OCTOBER CHALLENGE *aggiecass09 and friends* CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    I dont ever need to go above the 1st floor,,, but I did try to take the long way around today and parked in my usual...far away spot...people ask why I dont park closer (doctors parking) I tell them I am scared I am going to scratch their mercedes with my pickup truck.:noway: ..LOL:laugh:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't have any stairs in my day, so I've done no car today and walking to and from work :)

I was thinking of getting a new tat once I'm done too. I would like to get "fortis" (Latin for "Brave") on me somewhere, trying to decide where. I love the concept of Bravery. The brave are truthful, strong, raw, open, they can love, they can be creative, they have belief in themselves, they can change the world.They know what is right and wrong. Bravery protects all other virtures. Bravery is mastering fear. It is standing and speaking but also sitting and listening or admitting you were wrong. It is relentless, never giving up.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    WOW, Impressively unique and great group of folks in this challenge. Go US!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I didn't get stairs in today since I can barely get up a flight and PT is on the 5th floor. I forgot my HRM but he went easy on me today. Also, pics will have to be posted tomorrow. Out internet is down. I look pregnant in them since TOM will be here any day now. Boo to that.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I improved on my push-ups already today--woo hoo! I forced myself to try this challenge doing standard push-ups (nearly impossible... I haven't done a "regular" one since middle school!), so I'm uber excited by this :bigsmile: Fun "active" activity planned for tomorrow is a trip to the pumpkin patch/farm... I can't tell you how excited I am to go through a corn maze for the first time :laugh:

And I donated plasma today, so I've got a big ol' steak on the menu tonight--HOLLA! Happy Friday friends--have fun being active tomorrow... can't wait to hear what everyone else has got planned.
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Okay 10 things that make me unique:

1. I'm naturally a pretty fast runner and I'm addicted to it
    2. I did my degree in contemporary dance
    3. I LOVE to bake, and I have a pretty good reputation for my creations
    4. I'm starting to sell my own 'softies', hoping to set up a small business
    5. I spent 7 years of my childhood in Indonesia, with my family
    6. I worked as a gap student in an English boarding school for 6 months when I was 18
    7. I have double jointed thumbs
    8. When I find a man one day, he can win my heart with a golden retriever
    9. I have close relationships with my family, for which I am very blessed
    10. I can't go to sleep if any of my drawers or cupboard doors are even slightly open. (Yes my OCD tendencies)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I only did stairs here at home on Thursday. I couldn't go anywhere since I had aunt duty at 3pm, and I cannot do steps in public areas because of my disabilities -- always afraid someone will knock me over on accident
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really sure about the lunge parameters - is it how many in a minute, or how many till you can't do any more? In that case, I'll be at it for a long time. Hurting, but can keep it up...
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Does anyone mind letting me know what this weeks challenges are going to be? I dont have internet access for the next week so I cant update our group tracker. I'll have to sit last weeks stats out for now.

I burned a ton of calories this weekend at a wedding on Saturday. Everyone around me were aking what that clicking sound was. I played dumb but my red face said it all. I said its my braces and bones, carry on.

PT was wonderful today. haha. I got the "young Tim," and young Tim is AKA. Hot Tim. Hot Tim gave me the best massage I have ever had.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i posted my updated on the spreadsheet...

i had an outdoor active activity planned for saturday with the family but the weather did not cooperate so we went to the movies instead....ohhhh well, i got a walk done in the am anyway...i need to catch up with the plank/lunge challenge but other than that i'm caught up...oohhhh just saw that i was supposed to get up 20 mins earlier today to do something active...guess i'll be doing that tomorrow lol....i'll do the pushups/wall squats challenge for tomorrow later today....i'm feeling very "yucky" with the eating from the weekend...nothing tooo horrible just over cals and i feel it in my body today....anyway, new week, new start and i'm looking forward to it....have a good week folks.....
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Does anyone mind letting me know what this weeks challenges are going to be? I dont have internet access for the next week so I cant update our group tracker. I'll have to sit last weeks stats out for now.

mon wake up 20 mins early to do something active
    tues pushup/wall squat challenge
    wed share what motivates you
    thurs plank/lunges challenge
    fri spend 10mins meditating. start over if our mind starts to wander
    sat pushup/wall squat challenge
    sun get your ohm on and do some yoga.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry about this weekend, but it's a holiday here! I will be back tomorrow and post everything so I am back up to date!!! Hope you're all well!!!

xoxo -S
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a great weekend! I had a pretty good one with lots of rest following my all nighter working on Thursday. Anybody got anything going on this week? I am looking forward to this coming weekend for my very first Warrior Dash and then celebrating 100 years of Mizzou Homecoming. I am going to be very good all week because I plan on drinking on Saturday when I tailgate :)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I was only under my calories 2 days last week without exercise, but I was under my calories 4 days with exercise help! :) I drank 8 cups 4 days this week and drank 7 cups 2 days and then yesterday I could only drink 6 cups of water for some reason... I'm going to try to do better this week with the water!!! :) I slept 8 hours 5 days out of 7 days and I slept 7 hours the remaining 2 days that I didn't mention. Pretty good I think! Challenges are hard for me to do, but I'm trying!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Check-in after Week 1:

I did really well this past week, although I definitely struggle the most with the sleep portion of the challenge. Although it calls for 7.5+ hours, I'm shooting for 7+. hours as this seems to be my happy sleep spot.

For everything but sleep, I hit everyday last week! Sleep challenge was fulfilled all but one day. Not a bad start to October! (We'll see how sleep fairs from here on out -- we just got a kitten this weekend and she has her own ideas about when we should be sleeping and when we should be paying attention to her!)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I dont ever need to go above the 1st floor,,, but I did try to take the long way around today and parked in my usual...far away spot...people ask why I dont park closer (doctors parking) I tell them I am scared I am going to scratch their mercedes with my pickup truck.:noway: ..LOL:laugh:

bahaha...i LOVE this!!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Here are the Week One Winners who had the highest number of completed days in each category:

Calories
    thedreamhazer Susan 10/10 100%

Exercise
    AggieCass09 Cass 10/10 100%
    shannonaufman Shannon 10/10 100%
    candykay89 Kayon 10/10 100%
    ecmcnamee Beth 10/10 100%
    aprylcross Apryl 10/10 100%

Water
    trooper_dreams AbdulEllah 10/10 100%

Sleep
    MOOOSEEE3 Angela 10/10 100%
    crissa413 Crissa 10/10 100%
    Amanda_Runs Amanda 10/10 100%

Challenge
    MOOOSEEE3 Angela 9/10 90%

Great job to everyone!

Please note, the majority of the group included Monday 10/10 in the weekly tallys to make a total of 10 days in Week 1. This means week 2 will go from today, 10/11 until 10/16 and will only have 6 days in this period.

For those who have not updated their starting stats and week 1 accomplishments, they will be removed from the group. We want individuals in this challenge who are motivated and involved. If the five different categories (food, exercise, water, sleep, and challenges) is too much for you to keep up with, just pick a few to track. I have included various things so that there is something for everyone to track---you do not need to do everything if you dont feel ready.

Good luck!
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Here are the Week One Winners who had the highest number of completed days in each category:

Calories

Exercise
    AggieCass09 Cass 10/10 100%
    ecmcnamee Beth 10/10 100%

Water
    trooper_dreams AbdulEllah 10/10 100%

Sleep
    MOOOSEEE3 Angela 10/10 100%
    crissa413 Crissa 10/10 100%
    Amanda_Runs Amanda 10/10 100%

Challenge
    MOOOSEEE3 Angela 9/10 90%

Great job to everyone!

Please note, the majority of the group included Monday 10/10 in the weekly tallys to make a total of 10 days in Week 1. This means week 2 will go from today, 10/11 until 10/16 and will only have 6 days in this period.

For those who have not updated their starting stats and week 1 accomplishments, they will be removed from the group. We want individuals in this challenge who are motivated and involved. If the five different categories (food, exercise, water, sleep, and challenges) is too much for you to keep up with, just pick a few to track. I have included various things so that there is something for everyone to track---you do not need to do everything if you dont feel ready.

Good luck!

Amazing job everyone!! Thanks for keeping track of everything, Cass - we really appreciate all the work that must go into keeping everything updated and everyone motivated!:flowerforyou:
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nice job last week guys! Now let's get the ball rolling even further and prepare to push ourselves just that little bit further. Just when you think you're done...push for another 5 seconds on the wall squats, do 1 extra push up, plank for 3 extra seonds.

You got this, you CAN push yourself, you WILL feel that much better. Now lets go get it done! Have a great day everyone!!!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    For today's topic of MOTIVATION...here's what motivates me......

1) First and foremost, all of YOU. My MFP friends are amazing and there are a select few who are seriously just kick *kitten*. (they push it hard every day, they reach their goals, they motivate other people and share their knowledge) Seeing what they are capable of and are doing makes me want to push that much harder to do what I need to.

2) In the case of running a race, nothing motivates me better than focusing on the one person ahead of me and seeing if I can pass them and then stay ahead of them until the end.

3) New workout clothes and shoes motivate me. They are like mini goals if I reach one I can reward myself.

4) Being toned and fit motivates me too. I'm totally not there yet, but I know that I want to be able to wear a 2 piece bathing suit next year....and I KNOW it can be done.

5) Friends, family and co-workers - all of their words of encouragement and support make me want to continue on and do the best I can. They ask me about my races and challenges and are always eager to listen and support me.

That's it for now, but nonetheless...kind of motivating huh?