• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Have a great week everyone. So fun to read your posts. Be back soon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    631497r4sr0ndkd3.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Here we are on part two on the last day of the month. I hope we don’t lose too many people with the new thread that starts tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: Be on the lookout tonight for the link to the new thread for November where we will reflect on our October goals and make some new goals for November.

:bigsmile: It’s a beautiful day here already even with sunrise at 7:55. I’ve walked with the dogs for over 90 minutes and am now ready to sit and have a cup of tea with DH and plan our day.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    just marking my spot.

November is my anniversary month and I will be starting anew. Just realized I did not loos any weight in the last year.
    bummer.

Jeannie
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I am still sick, and decided to go back to the doctor this afternoon. Hopefully, they will get this straightened out. The good news is that I weighed myself this morning after having to eat constantly and not logging for a week, and stayed the same! See you all later - have a great Monday!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot x
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Wow...we ALMOST made it to November!

Auntie BK: Glad to SEE you and HEAR from you. Don't be a ghost in the future:-)

Mary: Feel better friend!

Cynthia: The hiking sounds wonderful. It is about my favorite outside activity.

Jeannie: At least you maintained and didn't gain in the past year. I think that is more difficult, truthfully. You'll get your last few pounds taken care of in this next year I would bet!

I got a FAST 30 minutes of exercise in this morning early. Ran 13 minutes of that. Have my shrimp and am cleaning and chopping vegetables. Just sat down to check in quickly with all of you.

See you in NOVEMBER! Take care, Kackie
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot with some new goals
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Trying to load a picture of my grandtwins and my niece - but it keeps cropping Teddy off ... still, you get the idea with Molly and Daisy Bee

xx
    babba2sandbee-1-1.jpg
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :flowerforyou:

I'm new to this thread and would love to join for November. I will be 52 this Saturday November 5th so I guess I qualify. :laugh:
    Just marking my spot so I can find all of you tomorrow.

Happy Halloween!
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Made my October goal, which was to lose 500gms...I lost 600 in my first week. Next weigh in is not unitl Thursday so into November, although I did weigh myself on Monday and had lost an additional 600! I have been drinking my water as I had set as a goal. But, silly me, can't remember my third goal...if it was to do situps and pushups I have been doing those. This is about the first time in my year and a quarter weight loss journey that I have actually achieved a goal in the time specified...yoo hoo!

I can't write up my November goal 'til I know what I weigh on Thursday morning, and how I have done over that first two weeks. I'll look for the message board on Thursday and post my new goals then.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Amanda....great photo!!!

See you in November!!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks everyone for a very inspiring October.... looking forward to November with you all!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I weighed in this morning and in fact I got a good day.... so all up I've lost 1.5kg for the month (3.3lb).... not as much as I'd like and I still can't notice any difference in my clothes.... but I guess it is a respectable amount and I shouldn't be so harsh on my self and have unreal expectations.

Can't wait for November!

Lisa:heart::heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Lisa - what???? you never baked cakes when you couldn't sleep???? lol To me, why waste the time? The only problem is that Vince is a light sleeper so in order to use the beater what I do is take the bowl and beater downstairs to use it. What I do with the candy we have left over so that I don't eat it is I donate it to the local food pantry. Better on their hips than mine is the way I feel!

Did a hour of hula hoop on the Wii today (Sun). Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the extremepump class. First, I'll stop at the soup kitchen and give them the things that people left here, then I'll go exercise, then I'm going to one lady's house to return the cardtables she loaned me, then food shopping (just to get what's on sale or things that I can only get at that store), then if I don't have any refrigerated items, I'll do some practice bowling. Did some practice bowling today. Had to take a few days off to put up the decorations, and boy did I stink today! My timing was totally off. Then on the way home from bowling I may stop at another food store just to get eggs.

The party seemed to go quite good. I was told that people enjoyed themselves. But you know, there is a part of me that is a bit hurt. The party started at 6:30. By 9:30 there was a mass exodus to leave. We did all this work decorating for 3 hours. I, honestly, felt that I shouldn't have eaten, just had wine because I didn't feel that I was able to talk to some of the people. I was starving hungry, and I felt that if I didn't rush to eat, I'd never be able to eat. Plus, I didn't eat everything. I did try to at least try everything people brought, even if it was a little bit. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive.

The kids came here trick or treating. I popped a big bowl of popcorn for me and just had one 3 musketeers fun size bar. I'm surprised, it was a good weather night, yet we didn't have that many kids. Enough. Vince kept commenting how I was so insistent that we return the unopened candy, I just don't want it in the house. I have it in the trunk of my car all ready to take back to the store.

Did an hour of extreme pump today. Tomorrow the plan is that they're going to start repaving our road, so I'll do a bosu workout at home.

Welcome, sue

My sinuses started acting up, it's that time of year. Fortunately, it isn't as bad down here as it is when we lived in PA. I took a Sudafed and I know that that means that I'll be up until all hours of the night. Never fails.

Missed DWTS tonight, but I TiVo'd it so I'll go watch it now

Amanda - those kids are soooooo precious! Thanks for posting their pic.

Welcome bellawares, and happy early birthday to you!

Here's hoping everyone had a great Halloween and has a good evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Amanda, when I can't sleep, I take my book and move into the guest room and either read myself back to sleep or read all night (fewer calories and quiet). Usually both dogs and the cat come and join me. The dogs are afraid I'll get up and go walking without them and the cat hopes that I'll get up and put more food in his dish:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Amanda, that is a great photo of your grandtwins dressed for Halloween. What fun it must have been for you.

:bigsmile: There's no trick or treating in our neighborhood (no kids live here) so we didn't even have to consider buying candy.:bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here is the link to the new thread for November :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381896-women-ages-50-for-november