5'9 or taller women

Options

Replies

• MsSheri82
    MsSheri82 Posts: 16
    Options
    Im 5'9 and Im currently 347lbs. Im confused about what I would be comfortbale at. When I tell people how much I weigh noone believes me. They tell me I dont look like I weight that much. I know its because of my height. So I honestly think that considering that Im natually big-boned and its not in my genes to be extremely slender I would be happy at around 210-220.
  • bckontrk
    bckontrk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11'' and currently weigh 185. My heaviest has been 210 (2005) and my lowest has been 167 (2012). I have a hard time during my busy months at work and stress eat so I gained back most of what I lost.

My fall/winter clothes are all 6s and 8s so I have no choice but to lose weight soon! I am doing the 30DS and going to the gym 5-6 times a week. Also, anyone in the DC area should try Kazaxe! It is an AMAZING workout that I am trying twice a week.

My biggest fear is that I will lose the weight and gain it all back in the Spring. HELP!!
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im 6ft, my goal weight is 165 and my current weight is 185. If I can get to 160 then that'll be great.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. My current goal weight is just 199. I would love to be under 200 again. But after that, I'm shooting for 180.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9 and am aiming for 165 pounds. I was 380 pounds initially and have a significant amount of excess skin so I think thats the lowest I need to go to when I take the skin into consideration. :)
  • SaraAxm
    SaraAxm Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm right above 5'9" and my goal weight is somewhere around 128-132 lbs.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5 and 144lb, 23% bf. Most of that fat sits between my waist and thighs so my bottom half is bigger than my top. I think the only way to reduce that jiggle is to cut body fat so I'm aiming for 20% and then I'd like to build muscle...so I'm not sure we're I will end up but thinking around 140 lb.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get to 165 ish. Got there and didn't like the way I look at all. I'm very comfortable at 175 - 180 (I'm curvy and muscular). Edited to add: I'm 5'11.
  • bananabw
    Options
    OK I'm not 5'9" but over 5'8", so almost there. Somebody before mentioned the DEXA scan, I say have one! I used to stress so much because my mom who is 5'9" was always around 120 lbs, and I was 150 by high school. I had a scan a few years back and my lean body mass came back at 146 lbs. When I look at pics from hs (when I thought I was so fat) I am amazed at how thin I actually looked. I was told 165-175 was ideal for me. I have a way to go but much less than I originally thought. It makes it feel doable. Weight varies so much individually.
  • taylorbib
    taylorbib Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft and 145 lbs, My goal weight is 120-130lbs. Friend me!
  • amysue_208
    amysue_208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5 ft 11 and I just got down from 180 to 160. I actually still see a lot of areas for improvement and I feel I could get down to the 145 pounds I was in high school and still be really healthy and look healthy. However, I think having more muscle would definitely improve how my body looks even at a higher weight.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm, about, five nine and would like to get down to 170 pounds...I have been there before and it is a good weight for me...LONG WAY to go until I reach goal!!! hahaha

Reaan:laugh:
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5" with a goal wt of 164. Started at 272 and now at 214. Anything below 200 will be less than anytime that I've been an adult so I will be happy! I carry it all around my middle, my legs are already much thinner.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently am weigh 172 lbs. My original goal was 170 but I can see I need to shoot for 150.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and have gone from a size 22W to a size 10.....I went from a weight of 259.1 to a weight of 170ish....I am happing where I am now. I am not sure where I should be on the "scales"..I am just happy with my size 10. That is all I can say. I am a big frame too, so I WILL weigh more. I am good. :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My initial goal weight was 152, but I got there and still wasn't happy with how I looked. I ended up at 135 and have weighed +/- five pounds of that weight for almost two years now.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, 34 years old, no kids, and my goal weight is 147. I was there last summer, gained a few back and now within 2 lbs of that goal again. I'm happy with a range of 147-152, but feel best on the low end.

When I started in 2010, I was 190+ (not sure of the actually number, never weighed myself), and pushing a size 16, and buying XL tops. I never though I could be thin. I thought I'd be fine at 170. When I got there I wasn't happy and kept going, next goal 157. Got to 157, wasn't happy. Next goal 145, see a trend? When I got to my low weight of 143 a few friends said I had lost too much, I was wearing size 4 jeans and I think they may have been right. At a range of 152-147 I'm a size 6 jeans, S/M tops. Now, I hope to stay around this weight for the rest of my life, but it isn't easy. I can maintain (with pretty bad habits) around 160-165, but I'm not satified with my body at that weight.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In high school (15ish years ago!) I was steadily 150 and a size 12. I'm a shade over 5'9".

My freshmen year of college I DROPPED the freshman 15 and was down around 135. I looked and felt great, and was a size 10. I was very athletic looking in a muscular sense.

Back then, I started feeling "big" around 160, so I think a goal of 140-145 would work for my ruler shaped body and monster thighs. But I know everyone is different. It's really about how you feel once you get there!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and my current goal weight is around 200. Ideally, I'd like to be about 180 (25% body fat) but I'm realistic and may need to reassess. I haven't weighed 180 since like 9th grade. Lol
  • Change4mygirls
    Change4mygirls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal weight is 150. I am currently 170 and that's just not thin enough for me. I want to be bikini ready and I wont unless I am fit and around 150. Oh and I am 5' 10".