Fit For Future Families - October 2011

Options

Replies

• 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I am having a b****y moment. Pregnancy seems to be a freaking epidemic around me and for once I wish I was "infected". I am sad, annoyed, pissy, and VERY hormonal...one more pregnancy announcement might push me over the edge.

I totally feel you! And everyone keeps asking when me and DH are going to have babies. I fit were up to us YESTERDAY.

SAME HERE!! Everytime I go somewhere every woman I see is pregnant and everytime I get on facebook someone is announcing a prenancy. It is so bad I have blocked babay gaga updates from my news feed because it depresses me. Everytime we see someone they ask when we are going to have a baby. Its been 25 attemps so far and nothing. He says its just not our time but it is really hard for me to accept that because all of the people around me that are pregnant and didn't/don't want kids. I was so devastated yesterday when I started my best freind took me to get a pedi to cheer me up some.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I think I am going to give up for a little while. Attemp 25 was a fail, started my period yesterday. A bunch of drama happened this week so I am no having to move and not really sure how we are going to afford it beacause I can not find a job :(
    I'm just going to try and accept that maybe it is just not our time yet and focus on finding a place to live and my school work.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Julia- Congratulations again! I saw your baby ticker before I read it and figured it must be official :o)

Heather, Kaitlin, and Dexters- WELCOME

Pam- I hope someone can help you with your fur baby and help him be less anxious and more predictable. My dog LOVES the vet- I know weird but they give him dog treats and that’s all it takes to win his affection.

Dexters- all I have heard of avoiding is “contact” activities like rugby, kickboxing, ext. Walking, running, zumba, swimming, most things are still safe according to my dr.

Stephanie- Congrats on the new job opportunity.

Patera- I LOVE zumba cause it is fun and in an hour I feel like I kicked my butt.

Smores- YAY for new furniture!

Beth- Welcome back.

Runner- You’re in the right place! I fully understand, I’m SORRY!!!

Karen- 5 pounds?! YOU ROCK!

AFM- Pizza tonight! Very excited…I know I’m horrible but I was looking forward to it all day.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

AFM- Pizza tonight! Very excited…I know I’m horrible but I was looking forward to it all day.

I had pizza too--and looked forward to it all day! Not horrible at all.....
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    My strange fact is that I start preparing for Christmas in July. Seriously, have many of my gifts made, started my Christmas cookies and my decorations come out as soon as its socially acceptable (usually Remembrance Day - Nov 11)

LOL! I was in Costco a couple days ago taking pictures of all of their Christmas decorations and sending them to my hubby. He was not convinced that we need a giant reindeer for some reason. I love Christmas, I have a detailed gift-planning spreadsheet that I use to coordinate all of our shopping every year!

Me too! This year, the tree is going up before Thanksgiving! I was at Costco and couldn't resist the bunches of grapes with lights entwined in them. I saw the reindeer -he is amazing. I would have spent the money if only his nose was lite. I want a giant Rudolph but not the wirey kind.

Lukima Who is the author?
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have been diaganosed with Vitamin D deficiency and I am taking med for Hypothyroidism for last 9 years and Trying to Conceive since 4.5 years. and obviously I am on MFP for weight issues. I am suffering with joints pain esp knees and I feel lathagic all day even when I wake up after 7 hours of sleep. I have googled it and found out its all linked.

Anybody had similar issues? and what helped/ helping u?
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Lukima Who is the author?

The authors are Susan Caughman and Isolde Motley
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Sorry, Perhaps To much information...:blushing:

I went to bed last night feeling VERY hopeful- Yesterday was 6DPO, I have been have some cramping the last couple of days, I had brownish CM during the day and started spotting last night. I was thinking it could be implantation related. I work up this morning and the spotting almost completely gone (a little tinge-but that’s it). So again I got very hopefully and excited. I knew, I should check my D&C so I don’t get too excited and then find out I’m starting my period early. So I checked and it is still fairly high, but soft… :huh: Not sure what to think…I guess I’ll just have to wait…Hoping the progesterone pills are doing their job and lengthening my LP.
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Not D&C- but cervix and position check...not sure the abbreviation for that and for some reason it isn't letting me edit...oh well I;m sure this confused people SORRY- thats what I get for trying to use the abbreviations.

I'm spotting again and starting think it might be something more...pretty bummed since this is the earliest I've ever started and the progestrone is suppose to stop this from happening. Temps are still elevated so still waiting it out for a drop in temps to let me know...
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Not D&C- but cervix and position check...not sure the abbreviation for that and for some reason it isn't letting me edit...oh well I;m sure this confused people SORRY- thats what I get for trying to use the abbreviations.

I'm spotting again and starting think it might be something more...pretty bummed since this is the earliest I've ever started and the progestrone is suppose to stop this from happening. Temps are still elevated so still waiting it out for a drop in temps to let me know...

Luki - there is still hope - esp. since it hasn't happened before.....

Dexters - I havehypothyroidism...The only thing I've found has been the pills. Once you start though - your thryoid function shuts down and you have to keep going - Thyroidism isn't really something you can treat with food & exercise from my understanding of it. I seem to be under control. Having an acceptable thyroid function level is critical for a healthy pregnancy - there is a definite link between uncontrolled thyroid issues and high occurances of lost pregnancy (even after the initial period for danger of miscarriages).....Once the thyroid levels are acceptable, you'll find you're less lethargic. I take my pills first thing in the morning and eat breakfast about an hour later and then take the rest of my pills around 2 hours after the thyroid meds at the suggestion of my pharmacist - the thyroid meds affect the other meds ability to work. And then I take my multi vitamins and iron pills at the end of the day so they have the least interaction with the thyroid stuff.....
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Thanks Pam- I'm trying to stay hopeful but the longer the spotting continues the more I'm losing hope that implantation is the cause. I think my body just hates me. I went ahead and told my husband this morning that I don't think it happened this month...
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Thanks Pam- I'm trying to stay hopeful but the longer the spotting continues the more I'm losing hope that implantation is the cause. I think my body just hates me. I went ahead and told my husband this morning that I don't think it happened this month...

I know what you mean.....every day that passes, I wonder what the heck is going on.... :frown: Don't get me wrong. I had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal with family, but the fact that my cousin's little girl was the only child there made me really sad. I got lots of time in with her one on one and she's such a little cuddle bug!!! Today I woke up and wanted to ask the universe if it is ever going to happen for us.....Right now it sure doesn't feel like it....
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks fitterpam. but this vitamin D deficicency is new for me i have lived 27 years in suuny country Pakistan and now i live in the sunniest country saudi but yes now i stay indoors but my chldhood was not same i used to be outdoors for school to university and even last years for my sisters wedding shopping. its a task in our country...

anyways today i cant say how many miles i walked but i was on my foot for 6 hours and walking andstanding and my back is sore right now!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I've always just heard it called CP (cervical position). It is possible for IB to last a couple days. Hopefully that's all it is. Keeping my FX for you.
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I haven't had time to check catch up on everyone's posts... but I wanted to say hello. My hubby and I just got back from a fabulous weekend away. We ate, shopped, sat in a hot tub, and went to an amazing college football game. It was supposed to be to celebrate his birthday (which was nearly 2 months ago) but it honestly felt like I was getting away to help my stress levels! It was so great. Today's it back to the real world, and I feel like I have renewed energy!!!

This month I am having the strangest cycle ever. I actually haven't really had a period yet. It's been mostly just brown spotting. Sometimes it's not even spotting its just a little brown when I wipe. I will go a day with out it, and then I have it for a few hours. I thought at first it was the start of my period...but it's been 12 days. Then I thought maybe implantation bleeding....but again for 12 days? Probably not.... So I am thinking I am probably going to have to call the doctor. I just hate this not being regular thing. I feel like it's such a silly thing to bug her with.

I know I've said it a billion times. I am here to get as healthy as possible so that in the Spring my hubby and I can start trying, but because we aren't preventing I just want it to happen already!
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

AFM: I finally got a visit from AF. It's weird, I didn't realize how long it had really been since I had her around. I finished my 10 days of provera last week and I was just paranoid it wasn't going to work or something. I started spotting last Sunday, so I was hopeful, but that's all it did for almost this whole week so I was starting to worry -worry that I wouldn't get it, or worry that I should have called the doctor to go in if this was all it was going to be. Well, Wednesday night AF really showed up. I hadn't had cramps in probably a good year at least and I remembered how much I hated them. But I also realized I hadn't had a good period in SO long, it feels good in a way...which sounds sick to say, but it's true! I'm going in for my CD3 check today since they're closed tomorrow. I'm not really sure what they're going to do, but I guess I'll find out soon enough, my appointment is in about 90 minutes.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I can so relate. After coming off birth control it took me nearly 9 months to have a regular natural period. I was the happiest girl in the world UNTIL the cramps hit me! I had completely forgotten what it was like!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian ladies here!

Pokee - Do I recall you saying something about buying a new house? Hope the move went well. Also glad you had good results from the acupuncture. The idea of it still intimidates me a little.

dexters_dexterity - Welcome. I know a lot of people jumped in on your query, but I'll add that unless your doctor has told you specifically not to exercise, the activity is good for you while TTC & even while pregnant. Personally, I pay attention to how my body feels and gauge my activity level accordingly. I know that's probably going to be an uphill battle with your latest diagnoses. I'm sorry I can't offer any specific advice on those, but I will wish you luck in finding answers, patience and inner strength. With my PCOS I've found that sometimes it is simply the act of overcoming a succession of little hurdles/behavior changes that makes things start to feel like they're improving. Thinking good thoughts!

Beth - Welcome back, jump in at anytime. Glad you're back on track too. Sometimes we all need a little detour.

Nancy - Don't feel like you have to listen to what everyone else says about TTC. You and DH have to be in sync. Sometimes that means paying very close attention to your body and cycle, but sometimes it also means not letting yourself get stressed out by being wrapped up in temping and testing. (And yes, you are right, there is at least one part of baby-makin' that's supposed to be fun :blushing: ) Girl, you've got a lot going on, give yourself and break and don't be so hard on yourself. One step at a time, one day at a time, one goal at a time. Stay strong, we're here for you!

Pam - High five on the swimming!!

Smores - Hope your dr appt goes well today. Congrats on the new couch! Everybody's got to have an awesome comfy spot!

kaitlinj - Welcome! Congrats at being at your goal and starting the TTC journey. Feel free to jump right in, this is a great group of women!

Mandy - I hear ya - b****y moment indulged!!

Karen - Woohoo on the loss!! And enjoy the new clothes! By the way, I love Land's End!

Meggan - Congrats on starting AF (I feels weird every time I type that!). Hope your dr appt went ok.

3ricaAnn - Mani/Pedis are always a great pick-me up. Hope you got a fun color! I'm sorry about all the other life drama. We've had a couple of those moments the past few years. I try not to think of them as stopping our TTC plans, just taking a more scenic route to get there. Fingers crossed that a little luck flows your way soon.

Luki - Yay for pizza - I had boneless buffalo wings twice on Saturday. I told one of my friends on here that I call my maintenance (or sometimes more) day each week my metabolism confuser day. I'm probably just deluding myself, but it is still yummy and keeps me from going off track the rest of the week. Hope you figure out what's going on with your cycle. Crossing my fingers that it is something good!

MelissaF - Love that you had a great weekend with your DH!!

AFM, Yay, I finally broke the 170 barrier! Each time I get close to a milestone number it just seems like it takes soooo long to push past. I know it doesn't really, but it just seems like it. I'm through Day 6 on Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. After days 1 and 2 I really thought I'd never make it even this far, but she is totally right about your body changing. It is way easier now and I'm feeling pretty good about moving to Level 2 on Day 11. One of the cardio exercises in it is called the butt-kicker, which I think is completely appropriate. :smile:

MFP SW (March 2011): 211
    Calendar week 37: 172.0 (-0.2)
    Calendar week 38: 171.2 (-0.8)
    Calendar week 29: 171.6 (+0.4)
    Calendar week 30: 170.6 (-1.0)
    Calendar week 31: 169.6 (-1.0)

Hope everyone has a great week and spreading around lots of baby dust!
    :flowerforyou: Stephanie
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Meggan - Congrats on starting AF (I feels weird every time I type that!). Hope your dr appt went ok.

AFM, Yay, I finally broke the 170 barrier! Each time I get close to a milestone number it just seems like it takes soooo long to push past. I know it doesn't really, but it just seems like it. I'm through Day 6 on Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. After days 1 and 2 I really thought I'd never make it even this far, but she is totally right about your body changing. It is way easier now and I'm feeling pretty good about moving to Level 2 on Day 11. One of the cardio exercises in it is called the butt-kicker, which I think is completely appropriate. :smile:

Congrats on the milestone!!! That's so exciting! Hopefully the next one will go by quickly. :)

dexters_dexterity: Hopefully you can figure something out, the unknown can be so hard!

Welcome back Beth!
    And welcome to the other newbies!

Karen: congrats on getting your 5 lbs! I LOVE buying new clothes...but only when I FEEL great, so hopefully you'll be buying lots of new clothes!

Luki: don't worry about the pizza! Seriously, sometimes you just need something like that.

Stephanie: Thanks for the support (I agree, it feels way weird to type that).

AFM: Unfortunately the Dr. Appt didn't go as well as I had wanted. The good news, I've got plenty of eggs! The bad news...the Dr. diagnosed me with PCOS. Luckily I had heard the term thanks to all you ladies so I was a little bit familiar. But I'm still pretty upset. I cried the whole way home. All I can think about is how this is all my fault and if I wouldn't have let myself be overweight this probably wouldn't have happened. My DH wasn't there at the appointment so I told him when I got home, I don't know really how it affected him. I do know that in some ways he felt better now knowing it wasn't just him with a fertility problem. Which might sound weird, but I totally understand. I just hope I can lose some weight. The Dr. said even 5 lbs would make a big difference. I sure hope so. I've been struggling for months to even lose 2. Anyhow, I started Clomid on Friday, 2 pills left then I'll go in next Wednesday to see if it's working and if it is to make sure there aren't too many eggs ready.

I feel a little overwhelmed, but hopeful. Hopeful that if I lose the weight I can go back to normal (or at least close to it), but overwhelmed because losing even a pound is a huge struggle so it almost seems impossible. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I know a lot of you have had some great successes so I'm trying to keep that in mind and stay motivated.
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the week! My weight last Monday was 193 this week im proud to announce im 184. My goals for this week are to actually drink my 8 glasses of water a day and to cut out another soda a day. This is very tough for me love my caffeine!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    AFM: Unfortunately the Dr. Appt didn't go as well as I had wanted. The good news, I've got plenty of eggs! The bad news...the Dr. diagnosed me with PCOS. Luckily I had heard the term thanks to all you ladies so I was a little bit familiar. But I'm still pretty upset. I cried the whole way home. All I can think about is how this is all my fault and if I wouldn't have let myself be overweight this probably wouldn't have happened. My DH wasn't there at the appointment so I told him when I got home, I don't know really how it affected him. I do know that in some ways he felt better now knowing it wasn't just him with a fertility problem. Which might sound weird, but I totally understand. I just hope I can lose some weight. The Dr. said even 5 lbs would make a big difference. I sure hope so. I've been struggling for months to even lose 2. Anyhow, I started Clomid on Friday, 2 pills left then I'll go in next Wednesday to see if it's working and if it is to make sure there aren't too many eggs ready.

I feel a little overwhelmed, but hopeful. Hopeful that if I lose the weight I can go back to normal (or at least close to it), but overwhelmed because losing even a pound is a huge struggle so it almost seems impossible. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I know a lot of you have had some great successes so I'm trying to keep that in mind and stay motivated.

PCOS definitely doesn't mean infertile. There have been lots of folks that have had successes after being diagnosed as it is completely treatable with blood sugar maintenance (either through meds or food/exercise). I noticed a difference in myself after about 10% body loss....it's not surprising that you have a large store of eggs if you do have PCOS since that means you don't ovulate every month.