Fit For Future Families - October 2011

Options

Replies

• meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    AFM: Unfortunately the Dr. Appt didn't go as well as I had wanted. The good news, I've got plenty of eggs! The bad news...the Dr. diagnosed me with PCOS. Luckily I had heard the term thanks to all you ladies so I was a little bit familiar. But I'm still pretty upset. I cried the whole way home. All I can think about is how this is all my fault and if I wouldn't have let myself be overweight this probably wouldn't have happened. My DH wasn't there at the appointment so I told him when I got home, I don't know really how it affected him. I do know that in some ways he felt better now knowing it wasn't just him with a fertility problem. Which might sound weird, but I totally understand. I just hope I can lose some weight. The Dr. said even 5 lbs would make a big difference. I sure hope so. I've been struggling for months to even lose 2. Anyhow, I started Clomid on Friday, 2 pills left then I'll go in next Wednesday to see if it's working and if it is to make sure there aren't too many eggs ready.

I feel a little overwhelmed, but hopeful. Hopeful that if I lose the weight I can go back to normal (or at least close to it), but overwhelmed because losing even a pound is a huge struggle so it almost seems impossible. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I know a lot of you have had some great successes so I'm trying to keep that in mind and stay motivated.

PCOS definitely doesn't mean infertile. There have been lots of folks that have had successes after being diagnosed as it is completely treatable with blood sugar maintenance (either through meds or food/exercise). I noticed a difference in myself after about 10% body loss....it's not surprising that you have a large store of eggs if you do have PCOS since that means you don't ovulate every month.
    Thanks Pam! Definitely make sense what you said about having lots of eggs. :) Well, if I didn't have a good enough reason before to get healthy, I definitely do now. Sugar is my weakness...I HAVE to overcome it and start losing. I also read that it can be hard to lose weight with PCOS, and I feel like that is definitely me. I worked my butt off for 6 weeks this summer and ate right with minimal results. -Another roadblock I really didn't need.

But I forgot to add that hearing a 10% loss helped you! That keeps me hoping!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks sdavisneill and meggamix

yes sometimes its better to push, i had back pain and i was feeling like not to workout today but then somehow I manged to muster up and did 3 mile power walk with leslie and later i found my pain was so much better may be coz i stretched after workout

i was much feeling better that later in evening i did lite walk outdoors. we have tiles there and i tried to catwalk on one straight line i know my walk is so bad and man like that it must have worked on my seldom used muscles :)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA lately. Things have just been crazy. I wonder if you ladies could give me advice on whether or not I'm being to harsh in a situation. I live in the same very small town as both my parents, and my husbands mom. My parents both have full time jobs (mom is a teacher dad works in a lab at a hospital) and are very VERY active in their church. My MIL has a full time job (works at a hardware store) and 4 kids who still like have home. My parents *BOTH* of them will go out of their way to come by my house at LEAST once a week to see my LO. And many many times throughout the week my mom will text me and ask how she's doing. I can probably count on both hands the number of times my MIL has been to my house since we've lived in it (3.5 years), and the last time was at LOs birthday party back in May. My MIL is (excuse the crude language) screwing our little family right now, because my husband co-signed a loan for her a long long time ago and well, she's not doing very good at paying it. Instead she's doing things like buying her lovely husband a $14,000 motorcycle even though (as mentioned above) they have 4 kids at home. So a couple months ago I decided I was basically done with her. There was no sense in me going out of my was so that she could see LO when she obviously didn't seem to care, and when we did go see her it just caused me a lot of unnecessary stress. Well last week she called and asked to borrow $50. Seriously?!?! We haven't heard from her in weeks and now out of the blue she calls to borrow money??? Hubby and I had just put LO to bed so he took the money over to her by himself. When he got home he said that she didn't even ask about LO. And then a few days later when he went to pick up the money (yes, she paid us back) she didn't ask about her then. So I told hubby flat out "Lets do an experiment... until she ASKS to see LO, lets not let her see her!" Is that too harsh? Ughhhh just thinking about her stresses me out LOL And on top of that AF is being crazy. My last few cycles have been 34 days, 28 days, 35 days, and the last one was 29 days. Don't quite know what to do about that. Except keep doing what I'm doing with the OPKs, right?
  • starfairy411
    starfairy411 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was part of the pregnancy groups, but sadly lost our Angel after seeing them twice on u/s with growing perfectly and with a strong HB (went in for my appt 9/19/11 at 11w3d and found out our the baby was only measuring 10w2d. Had to have a D&C on 9/22/11). So now I am back to losing weight while we TTC again soon (hopefully in Nov/Dec). Look forward to getting to know all of you!

Where you live: Western Twin Cities, MN
    Job: Stay At Home Mama! :-)
    Length of time on the board: First time on it!
    Marital Status: Married since August 2008
    Length of time you've been with SO: Since January 2005
    Do you have kids: Yes, we have a 16 month old Son
    Length of time TTC: We got pregnant with #1 (our son) the first month TTC, we were not preventing since our son was born (Actively TTC #2 since he was 6-7 months and I stopped breastfeeding). Got pregnant when he was 13-14 months and lost that angel a few weeks ago...
    Diagnosis: Bicornuate (Heart-Shaped) Uterus and PCOS
    Do you chart your BBT: Yes, but not much since the m/c... I am trying to get back into it before we start TTC again.
    Do you use OPKs: No, I never get a +, my surge is too short.
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Nope, losing weight is all I needed last time so hopefully it will work again!
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 162
    Goal Weight: 130
    Strange fact about yourself: I am accident prone... I've broke my collar bone, my wrist (a few times), my nose, every finger and toe at least once, torn the arch of my foot, etc...And sadly my son seems to take after me with his "gracefulness"!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA lately. Things have just been crazy. I wonder if you ladies could give me advice on whether or not I'm being to harsh in a situation. I live in the same very small town as both my parents, and my husbands mom. My parents both have full time jobs (mom is a teacher dad works in a lab at a hospital) and are very VERY active in their church. My MIL has a full time job (works at a hardware store) and 4 kids who still like have home. My parents *BOTH* of them will go out of their way to come by my house at LEAST once a week to see my LO. And many many times throughout the week my mom will text me and ask how she's doing. I can probably count on both hands the number of times my MIL has been to my house since we've lived in it (3.5 years), and the last time was at LOs birthday party back in May. My MIL is (excuse the crude language) screwing our little family right now, because my husband co-signed a loan for her a long long time ago and well, she's not doing very good at paying it. Instead she's doing things like buying her lovely husband a $14,000 motorcycle even though (as mentioned above) they have 4 kids at home. So a couple months ago I decided I was basically done with her. There was no sense in me going out of my was so that she could see LO when she obviously didn't seem to care, and when we did go see her it just caused me a lot of unnecessary stress. Well last week she called and asked to borrow $50. Seriously?!?! We haven't heard from her in weeks and now out of the blue she calls to borrow money??? Hubby and I had just put LO to bed so he took the money over to her by himself. When he got home he said that she didn't even ask about LO. And then a few days later when he went to pick up the money (yes, she paid us back) she didn't ask about her then. So I told hubby flat out "Lets do an experiment... until she ASKS to see LO, lets not let her see her!" Is that too harsh? Ughhhh just thinking about her stresses me out LOL And on top of that AF is being crazy. My last few cycles have been 34 days, 28 days, 35 days, and the last one was 29 days. Don't quite know what to do about that. Except keep doing what I'm doing with the OPKs, right?

Definitely need to de-stress....make sure you're doing the folate/multivitamins and make sure to get enough exercise. It's a myth that women without hormone treatments tend towards clockwork cycles - although some do. Focus on the OPKs and temping can help you know how long your LP is (which can help with some of the de-crazy making). So for example, if you know you O'd on Oct 1 and your LP is usually 13 days, you can watch for trends in your temps OR you can just test if AF doesn't come on Oct 13....I've found temping actually has helped me be less crazy about everything.

As for the situation, I don't think you're being harsh, but personally, I'd also be asking her to look for refinancing on the loan without your DH's co-signing. My motto is that if I can't afford to give it away, I can't afford to lend it or co-sign it, even if I'm sure the person is going to pay me back....I also have a rule that I'm not a bank and if you haven't paid something else back, I can't give you more - even if it is just $50. I've been burned too badly in the past and it has completely ruined relationships. I guess heading back to the specific question, I guess the question that you really need to be asking yourself is if not allowing your MIL to see your daughter you're doing any disservice to your daughter..... You don't want to cause your daughter to lose out on a potential significant relationship in her life. If you feel the relationship is harmful to your daughter then you need to deal with that, but I think you need to keep the two issues separate....
  • heather311
    Options
    Welcome starfairy411! I am new to the group as well!!

So like I said in my first post, my husband and I aren't TTC just yet. We are both losing weight before we TTC in order to have a healthy family. I just wanted to check in today and say that I had a great day and made tons of great choices. :) I'm hoping this group will help me to stay accountable and motivated. I'm ready to be a mommy! :)
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Meggan - Congrats on starting AF (I feels weird every time I type that!). Hope your dr appt went ok.

AFM, Yay, I finally broke the 170 barrier! Each time I get close to a milestone number it just seems like it takes soooo long to push past. I know it doesn't really, but it just seems like it. I'm through Day 6 on Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. After days 1 and 2 I really thought I'd never make it even this far, but she is totally right about your body changing. It is way easier now and I'm feeling pretty good about moving to Level 2 on Day 11. One of the cardio exercises in it is called the butt-kicker, which I think is completely appropriate. :smile:

Congrats on the milestone!!! That's so exciting! Hopefully the next one will go by quickly. :)

dexters_dexterity: Hopefully you can figure something out, the unknown can be so hard!

Welcome back Beth!
    And welcome to the other newbies!

Karen: congrats on getting your 5 lbs! I LOVE buying new clothes...but only when I FEEL great, so hopefully you'll be buying lots of new clothes!

Luki: don't worry about the pizza! Seriously, sometimes you just need something like that.

Stephanie: Thanks for the support (I agree, it feels way weird to type that).

AFM: Unfortunately the Dr. Appt didn't go as well as I had wanted. The good news, I've got plenty of eggs! The bad news...the Dr. diagnosed me with PCOS. Luckily I had heard the term thanks to all you ladies so I was a little bit familiar. But I'm still pretty upset. I cried the whole way home. All I can think about is how this is all my fault and if I wouldn't have let myself be overweight this probably wouldn't have happened. My DH wasn't there at the appointment so I told him when I got home, I don't know really how it affected him. I do know that in some ways he felt better now knowing it wasn't just him with a fertility problem. Which might sound weird, but I totally understand. I just hope I can lose some weight. The Dr. said even 5 lbs would make a big difference. I sure hope so. I've been struggling for months to even lose 2. Anyhow, I started Clomid on Friday, 2 pills left then I'll go in next Wednesday to see if it's working and if it is to make sure there aren't too many eggs ready.

I feel a little overwhelmed, but hopeful. Hopeful that if I lose the weight I can go back to normal (or at least close to it), but overwhelmed because losing even a pound is a huge struggle so it almost seems impossible. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I know a lot of you have had some great successes so I'm trying to keep that in mind and stay motivated.

I can so relate to how you feel. I came off birth control June 2010 due to some side affects. One thing led to another and in February 2011 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was heartbroken. I cried all the way home (and much of the week after). All my life I have wanted to be a Mommy and I felt like every dream I ever had was crushed before I even started to try to achieve it. After a week of feeling miserable, I slowly starting picking up the pieces. I read everything I could (and am still reading) starting reaching out to anyone whose been there and started making changes. It isn't always easy...there are days I still want to break down and cry. But I have lost nearly 30 pounds and my husband and I are so much healthier then we have been in such a long time!! You can so do this. Take one day at a time! :-)
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Starfairy- I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad you have found us and I hope you find your stay with us short, but sweet.

Mommy2squish- that is a HUGE loss CONGRATULATIONS!

Meggamix- perhaps not the best news but at least you know the reason and can work on the next steps

Thedestar- Sorry the MIL is being a stress on your family. If you are feeling she is not treating you fairly than you shouldn’t continue to do favors for her. I’m not trying to be harsh but don’t allow her to make you the victim. If your mad about her not paying you back or she is ruining your credit than don’t lend her money. I do agree with Pam that the money issue and seeing your child are two different issues. I generally don’t like “playing games.” If you are hurt that she doesn’t seem to want to spent time with your child I would just call her on it. But I’m a fan of bluntness…

AFM- I’m definitely not pregnant. I’m very disappointed mostly because I started so early this cycle and the little egg didn’t have a chance at implanting so it feels like I’m taking the progesterone for no reason. Technically I’m suppose to take the progesterone for 6 more days (the good thing about it is my hands and feet aren’t cold) I plan on calling the dr. tomorrow to ask it I should continue even if I have started my cycle already.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I can so relate to how you feel. I came off birth control June 2010 due to some side affects. One thing led to another and in February 2011 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was heartbroken. I cried all the way home (and much of the week after). All my life I have wanted to be a Mommy and I felt like every dream I ever had was crushed before I even started to try to achieve it. After a week of feeling miserable, I slowly starting picking up the pieces. I read everything I could (and am still reading) starting reaching out to anyone whose been there and started making changes. It isn't always easy...there are days I still want to break down and cry. But I have lost nearly 30 pounds and my husband and I are so much healthier then we have been in such a long time!! You can so do this. Take one day at a time! :-)

I can totally relate to you ladies, I don't have PCOS, well actually I might have mild PCOS but not the full blown kind, but I do have fertility problems. After losing 3 babies I just really feel like a failure, it's not just hurting me and my husband though but all my unborn children too. Fortunately I think we may finally have a starting line for getting back on track!

So I went to my doctor today, he wasn't going to do anything, I asked him why cause I thought testing was just normal after 3 losses, well apparently they had only recorded 2 of my losses. I'm really glad I questioned the doctor's decision there or I wouldn't have been able to get the testing I need. So I go in tomorrow to get various blood tests. I mentioned to my doctor that I seem tired all the time and have felt this way for a very long time, before my 2 most recent miscarriages even. Because of that he thinks I might have hypothyroidism, which can cause recurrent miscarriages and it can be caused by pregnancy so it would explain why I never had this problem with DD and why I've been tired since having DD, which I chalked up to first the pregnancy draining me then to how heavy I was. Also it would explain why I've had such a hard time losing the weight from my pregnancy. I'm about 80% sure that's what the problem is, but the doctor is still going to run some other routine blood tests just in case. I should know some of the results tomorrow and all of them within 7-10 days since some of them have to be sent out. I don't know how soon I will know if I have hypothyroidism but I will ask the nurse who draws my blood tomorrow if that's one that comes back quickly.
    I'm excited that we are finally figuring out what is wrong with me so that I may keep my next LO. But I'm also very sad that it's just about certain it's because of me that we lost the LO's. It is much easier thinking that there was something wrong with the baby from the get-go and it would have never survived, or at least not well, anyways. It just tears me apart knowing that my body is killing my babies, I really just wish I would have known about all this to begin with so I wouldn't have had to go through any of this and I would have at least one of my babies still. My first Angel would have been due next month, it's going to be difficult to get through that time.
    Anyway, for now I'm back on birth control. My doctor was pretty unwavering about waiting 3 cycles. It's probably good because if the hypothyroidism is the problem it will probably take a few months to get my levels back under control enough to TTC again. So I'm using the NuvaRing for 2 cycles then we will just prevent for a cycle so my body can get back to normal before TTC. In the meantime I hope to find some answers, if it is the hypothyroidism then I believe the meds they put me on will help me lose weight too, because hypothyroidism causes you to gain weight so fixing the problem should help me get back on track to a healthy body. Looks like we will be starting again in January for a Halloween baby.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Back to posting my weights properly - I missed yesterday because of Thanksgiving but I'm adding this caveat.....I think there's something wrong with my scale. I did weigh myself yesterday at my parents, but it was mid-day after breakfast and part of lunch, so it wasn't accurate either....LOL (and was in the 250s...)

Last week: 246.9
    This week: 227.6

Weekly Change: -19.3

Yeah - so I'm recording it for now and might have to try weighing in tomorrow. It showed a similar result for my DH of a massive loss. He tried it twice, so I'm not going to get a better reading from it today....
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just dropping in for a minute.

School is crazy busy (still) but that will slow down in early November. We had Thanksgiving this weekend so I took a break and went to a wedding in PEI - I daced and drank and enjoyed my break.

I haven't weighed in in awhile, but I did go to a WW weigh in on Saturday morning and was up 7 lbs from where I had been before the August miscarriage. All in all, I'm okay with that.

We're TTC the ol' fashioned way right now. I'm hoping it'll work AND stick. I'm also hoping that this month is the month because it's my first cycle after the mc and apparently that improves the odds. Fingers crossed!

Pam - that's a heck of a loss in one week! Wowsers! Congrats!

Hope everyone is doing well. For those who don't know, Ronya had her baby on Saturday!

TTYL!!!

J
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Howdy all!
    I got caught up on many of the posts and just wanted to say hello to everyone and give hugs to all that are hurting! Looks like there have been some tough circumstances going around so hugs and best wishes to you all!

AFM: I know I'm taking the month off but even if I were TTC i wouldn't even know where to begin. AF was a week late and I have now been bleeding for about 2 weeks. I'll bleed real heavy for a day or two (especially in the morning) and then she disappears. Friday night I had the worst cramps of my life and just layed in bed for a few hours. At the moment AF seems to be gone so I suppose that's good. We weren't planning to actively prevent pregnancy, but we certainly weren't going to make an effort to conceive just in case I need surgery. Well, now I have no idea when I should ovulate so who knows what will happen. I would go pick up some OPKs but DH and I agreed not to spend money this month on anything but necessities and we are sticking to it! I guess that if next month is wacked then I'll go see a doctor about it. I remember that last time I went off the pill a few month into it I had a very wacky period similar to this one. The doctors said that it may have been a miscarriage but I'm wondering if this is just how long it takes for all the hormones from the pill to dump out of my system in which case I'm wondering if last month was a MC or if that was just the beginning of my body getting back to normal. I doubt that this month was a MC because I had 4+ negative tests the week that my period should have been. I'm really hoping that it's just a matter of my body getting back to normal! I am so glad that my hubby and I agreed never to use BCP again! I hate not knowing if something is actually my body or if it's just the added hormones.

I have an appt with a shoulder doctor on thursday to find out if the issue is spine or my shoulder. If they say it's my shoulder then I'm getting a second openion but either way I'm hoping to have surgery of sorts by the end of the month. I'm not real keen on the idea of surgery but last monday when I got my cortisone injection I couldn't even lift my waterbottle without intense pain which means that if I had been home alone with a baby I wouldn't be able to properly care for him/her.

anyway, hugs and baby dust to you all! xoxo Is anyone doing anything fun for Halloween?
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...I am getting ready for work, but my husband is sleeping and I just need someone to talk with....

I posted a few days ago that I am having the strangest cycle. AF hasn't actually arrived it's just been brown spotting. Sometimes I go a day without any spots, sometimes it happens only once or twice, and sometimes it's all day. Because this had been happening for 12+ days, I called my Dr. yesterday to ask what is normal and what is not normal. Of course they told me to take a test to eliminate that, and then today we could talk about next steps. So this morning, I took a test and BFN.

I know what you are thinking....we aren't trying. And I kind of expected the BFN. BUT we aren't preventing either. Part of me still believes that because my husband and I love each other so much there is this magic that will just make it happen and surprise both of us. But I guess we haven't been preventing for over a year and that "magic" still hasn't happened.

I am starting to wonder if waiting until the Spring to TTC is a bad decision. Maybe we should just start now. I was going to spend the winter charting my temperatures to try to find a pattern, but I am just ready to be a Mommy.......
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    No AF...gaining weight...very angry...

I hate hormones with a fiery passion.
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    sdavisneill - The move went well ... thanks! Now starting the prep to paint it top to bottom.

I'm not super keen on needles but I thought the acupuncturist was great! I only felt one needle going in and it felt like a mosquito bite. If you would like me to share some of the info on nutrition and supplement recommendations, let me know!
  • meggamix
    Options

Meggan - Congrats on starting AF (I feels weird every time I type that!). Hope your dr appt went ok.

AFM, Yay, I finally broke the 170 barrier! Each time I get close to a milestone number it just seems like it takes soooo long to push past. I know it doesn't really, but it just seems like it. I'm through Day 6 on Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. After days 1 and 2 I really thought I'd never make it even this far, but she is totally right about your body changing. It is way easier now and I'm feeling pretty good about moving to Level 2 on Day 11. One of the cardio exercises in it is called the butt-kicker, which I think is completely appropriate. :smile:

Congrats on the milestone!!! That's so exciting! Hopefully the next one will go by quickly. :)

dexters_dexterity: Hopefully you can figure something out, the unknown can be so hard!

Welcome back Beth!
    And welcome to the other newbies!

Karen: congrats on getting your 5 lbs! I LOVE buying new clothes...but only when I FEEL great, so hopefully you'll be buying lots of new clothes!

Luki: don't worry about the pizza! Seriously, sometimes you just need something like that.

Stephanie: Thanks for the support (I agree, it feels way weird to type that).

Thank you so much for sharing. You brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on your 30 lbs, I hope I can get there! Today has been a rough day so far. One of my close work friends is pregnant and she just spent a few minutes chatting with me in my office and I just felt sad. Last night DH and I went out to dinner with some friends, and they have a little toddler and she's due next month. At my church we've averaged more than one baby a month being born this year and they're still coming. I've been reading up too, and I'll keep finding things to read as well. I definitely need to remember to take it one day at a time. You made me just realize that part of my problem is that I just focus on how much needs to be done I get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing because it seems like too much. I just need to think about the 24 hours I have right now and make good choices then.
  • meggamix
    Options
    Howdy all!
    I got caught up on many of the posts and just wanted to say hello to everyone and give hugs to all that are hurting! Looks like there have been some tough circumstances going around so hugs and best wishes to you all!

AFM: I know I'm taking the month off but even if I were TTC i wouldn't even know where to begin. AF was a week late and I have now been bleeding for about 2 weeks. I'll bleed real heavy for a day or two (especially in the morning) and then she disappears. Friday night I had the worst cramps of my life and just layed in bed for a few hours. At the moment AF seems to be gone so I suppose that's good. We weren't planning to actively prevent pregnancy, but we certainly weren't going to make an effort to conceive just in case I need surgery. Well, now I have no idea when I should ovulate so who knows what will happen. I would go pick up some OPKs but DH and I agreed not to spend money this month on anything but necessities and we are sticking to it! I guess that if next month is wacked then I'll go see a doctor about it. I remember that last time I went off the pill a few month into it I had a very wacky period similar to this one. The doctors said that it may have been a miscarriage but I'm wondering if this is just how long it takes for all the hormones from the pill to dump out of my system in which case I'm wondering if last month was a MC or if that was just the beginning of my body getting back to normal. I doubt that this month was a MC because I had 4+ negative tests the week that my period should have been. I'm really hoping that it's just a matter of my body getting back to normal! I am so glad that my hubby and I agreed never to use BCP again! I hate not knowing if something is actually my body or if it's just the added hormones.

I have an appt with a shoulder doctor on thursday to find out if the issue is spine or my shoulder. If they say it's my shoulder then I'm getting a second openion but either way I'm hoping to have surgery of sorts by the end of the month. I'm not real keen on the idea of surgery but last monday when I got my cortisone injection I couldn't even lift my waterbottle without intense pain which means that if I had been home alone with a baby I wouldn't be able to properly care for him/her.

anyway, hugs and baby dust to you all! xoxo Is anyone doing anything fun for Halloween?

Thanks for the hugs! I hope all goes well with the Dr. appointments. I can't imagine that type of pain, I hope they can figure it out and get you back to feeling better soon.

I'm impressed you are sticking with your money goal this month. Nice job! It's definitely frustrating not knowing why something is happening...there are always so many factors to take in consideration it feels impossible to know for sure. Not going on BC would be a way to eliminate one of those factors for sure. I hope you are able to get back to normal soon!
  • meggamix
    Options

A local dance company does a production every year called Thriller that we LOVE! We're taking a road trip and stopping in Southern Utah where they have an outdoor ampitheater called Tuachan that's kinda hidden back in the red rocks and watch Thriller there....it's so cool! I'm pretty excited. Then we're going to Disneyland on Halloween!
  • meggamix
    Options

I can totally relate to you ladies, I don't have PCOS, well actually I might have mild PCOS but not the full blown kind, but I do have fertility problems. After losing 3 babies I just really feel like a failure, it's not just hurting me and my husband though but all my unborn children too. Fortunately I think we may finally have a starting line for getting back on track!

So I went to my doctor today, he wasn't going to do anything, I asked him why cause I thought testing was just normal after 3 losses, well apparently they had only recorded 2 of my losses. I'm really glad I questioned the doctor's decision there or I wouldn't have been able to get the testing I need. So I go in tomorrow to get various blood tests. I mentioned to my doctor that I seem tired all the time and have felt this way for a very long time, before my 2 most recent miscarriages even. Because of that he thinks I might have hypothyroidism, which can cause recurrent miscarriages and it can be caused by pregnancy so it would explain why I never had this problem with DD and why I've been tired since having DD, which I chalked up to first the pregnancy draining me then to how heavy I was. Also it would explain why I've had such a hard time losing the weight from my pregnancy. I'm about 80% sure that's what the problem is, but the doctor is still going to run some other routine blood tests just in case. I should know some of the results tomorrow and all of them within 7-10 days since some of them have to be sent out. I don't know how soon I will know if I have hypothyroidism but I will ask the nurse who draws my blood tomorrow if that's one that comes back quickly.
    I'm excited that we are finally figuring out what is wrong with me so that I may keep my next LO. But I'm also very sad that it's just about certain it's because of me that we lost the LO's. It is much easier thinking that there was something wrong with the baby from the get-go and it would have never survived, or at least not well, anyways. It just tears me apart knowing that my body is killing my babies, I really just wish I would have known about all this to begin with so I wouldn't have had to go through any of this and I would have at least one of my babies still. My first Angel would have been due next month, it's going to be difficult to get through that time.
    Anyway, for now I'm back on birth control. My doctor was pretty unwavering about waiting 3 cycles. It's probably good because if the hypothyroidism is the problem it will probably take a few months to get my levels back under control enough to TTC again. So I'm using the NuvaRing for 2 cycles then we will just prevent for a cycle so my body can get back to normal before TTC. In the meantime I hope to find some answers, if it is the hypothyroidism then I believe the meds they put me on will help me lose weight too, because hypothyroidism causes you to gain weight so fixing the problem should help me get back on track to a healthy body. Looks like we will be starting again in January for a Halloween baby.

Sorry for filling up the board this morning ladies. I'm feeling like I need to just submerge myself in here for some reason today.

Thanks for sharing your experience Smores. I'm so sorry for your losses. I've read some other experiences recently of people who have experienced pregnancy loss and I hadn't ever realized as strongly how terrible of an experience that must be. I'm glad you were able to work things out at the doctor so you could get the tests you need. And hopefully waiting for your hormones to regulate will be what you need to get things back on track!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i did 3 miles power walk yesterday and 4 miles today actually my today my 4 mile dvd was not running so i worked out for 1 hour repeating the moves and modified some while watching some filmi songs :)