New Runner Challenge *100 Miles In October*

Options

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    4 more today...

dang. 11 today... 11 yesterday... 10 the day before :o ! I need to catch uppp!!! ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    corriander!!! 1st in your age group is an awesome accomplishment! WAY TO GO!

i got 8 in last week.. the weather was nasty, rainy and COLD! i'm hoping to do my first 5k (or maybe 10k) sunday! :-) if i'm running 4 miles 3x a week, do you think it would be pushing too hard to shoot for a 10k?

I think it is do-able! My philosophy is always to try for what you want - at least try. My preference are 5Ks - to me 10Ks are too long. BUT I will do a 10K in July, a race that I have done 6-7 times, once with DH almost 15 years ago! That was the last time I did that particular race too, and it has been a goal to do it again (:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I got in 8 on Thursday and 5 yesterday. Will have to play catch up, but I am determined!

I like the spirit! (: I thought about your comment and YES me too!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    7 in today...only 7 days left to the end of the month...I need to make up miles this week...

Keep at it! rack the miles up!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Count me in - sounds great!!!

OK :)
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Bad weekend - only 3.3 miles on Saturday (positive note - I ran those miles at a 9 minute/mile pace - personal best for me!)

Great milestone! 9 min/miles means you are FIT and in excellent shape.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    4 more today...

dang. 11 today... 11 yesterday... 10 the day before :o ! I need to catch uppp!!! ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT!

I my! you will make it!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I'm trying to join, so this is a test to see if I did it right! New to MFP forums...

The ticker is working I
  • Cooriander
    Options
    2 miler complete...first run in a week...felt a little soreness in the leg muscle, but nothing lingering afterwards...will have to keep an eye on it....should be able to get in 100....

Excellent!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    6.2 miles on Friday. Kids are now off school so I doubt I will get any more done.... But I will try:happy:
    Will update ticker when I can get to the computer!

6.2 is a great long run!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Getting back on track...Did a 9 mile run at 11:12 minute pace yesterday. My best pace for such a long run. Thighs feeling it now, but well worth it.

Wow! I can't go that far yet! Congrats!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Got another 4 mile in (1 tiny yesterday and 3 just now)! Woa!!! So excited to be seeing the finish line...6 days to go - so I need 4.333 miles per day - thinking about doing a tiny 2 miler late in the evenings while watching TV in addition to the regular milage - that may do the trick.
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    3 miles today (interval workout)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    10.1 miles today @ 10:44 pace. I think I am ready for a half marathon now and can finish without getting picked up by the slow bus...lol.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am playing catch up...10 miles in today!
    I forgot to update my ticker on Sunday...so the ticker is all caught up now....
    6 days left and I need 19.5 miles...
  • momof3and3
    Options
    10.1 miles today @ 10:44 pace. I think I am ready for a half marathon now and can finish without getting picked up by the slow bus...lol.

LOL...that is an awesome pace for 10 miles...yes, you are ready for that 1/2 and will do great!
  • momof3and3
    Options
    I am hoping to kick butt to make these 100 Miles! I feel great now, my heel is better, my fitness is really coming.... and running races inspires; this thread, you all inspires! thank you so much for helping!

I almost didn't make the race - the alarm didn't RING - and getting 3 kiddos ready in 15 minutes is usually impossible!!! but we made it! Super fun, I placed 2nd place in my age group this time and a PR for this round of running... super excited!

Wow, congratulations on the race...and getting the kids ready so fast!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    7 more today!!!

156.6 so far. 43.3 left for the next 6 days?

i got this! I hope!!! my boyfriend is callling me crazy hahaha. i'm always going for runs!!! this is an awesome challenge. thank you so much for making it!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Another 2 miles of cross training, I like breaking up the workouts into two moderate sized exercises. Tomorrow, I will do one with 3.5 miler with DH, in the park - looking forward to that! The weather forecast promises stunning sunny weather. Can't wait. Then I hope to do another 2 miles of cross training - Wednesday is my favorite day to workout! Yay!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    10/26: 4.08 miles. I think this puts me at my goal for the month. YAY!!!