New Runner Challenge *100 Miles In October*

Options

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    7.33 today. 164 miles downnn 36 to gooo :D ! and I have 5 days? I got thisss!!!
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    4 miler today...picked up the pace a little from the other day, leg muscle was still a little sore, but overall felt better today than the 2 miler on Monday...
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    pa2b- way to go! you rock!

i got 2.5 in this morning... i'm getting close! my friday run and 10k on sunday ought to put me over my goal for the month!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    4 miles in the park yesterday -some flare up of the left heel... but still felt GREAT, (9.35 miles/minute pace -- would love to get down below 8 ... ! ... wonder how long that will take!).

Need to do 4 a day to make it - it is so doable - yes.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So I changed my target goal which I still haven't met based on a 15% increase from my normal running schedule. I would rather work toward a reachable goal and next month challenge myself to another 15% increase. I was running 3.1 miles 4 times a week putting around 50 miles a month so my October goal is now set at 57.5 miles. November 66.1 miles and so forth.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    4 this morning. 32 lefttt. probably more later!

FIVE DAYS LEFT COUNTING TODAYYY!
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    4.3 today. Unfortunately, I don't think I will meet the 100 miles this month but I am ready for the challenge in November!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    5 in on the elliptical....I need a day off from running
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Wow we are kicking here! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I did a 4 miler in the same park as yesterday solo. I fell flat on my face on the third mile but ended up just with a little scratch on my knee. It was going uphill so it was not too bad (less distance to the ground). he he.

I feel right now I AM going to MAKE my goal!!! Still some heel pain but it was duller than yesterday. I hope I do some cross training this evening with some resistance! We will see!
  • j_courter
    Options

barbie- you have officially entered BEAST MODE! you are incredible girl!
  • Cooriander
    Options

barbie- you have officially entered BEAST MODE! you are incredible girl!

I agree - Barbie WOW! Go girl!- you can do it!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    5 in on the elliptical....I need a day off from running

You will make it to your goal! Yay!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    4.3 today. Unfortunately, I don't think I will meet the 100 miles this month but I am ready for the challenge in November!

You are still going and that is a good thing (:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    So I changed my target goal which I still haven't met based on a 15% increase from my normal running schedule. I would rather work toward a reachable goal and next month challenge myself to another 15% increase. I was running 3.1 miles 4 times a week putting around 50 miles a month so my October goal is now set at 57.5 miles. November 66.1 miles and so forth.

that is a very good strategy to ease into it. But I bet in November that you will go over by a big margin (:
  • dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's too late for me to catch up. I had an injury and haven't been running for almost a week. =(

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    Options
    It's too late for me to catch up. I had an injury and haven't been running for almost a week. =(

exercise.png

yes, but you're 59.43 miles ahead of your couch! great job, even though you won't reach your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Wow, just realised I haven't updated my numbers since 10th October - don't know where I've been at!!!

As of 10th Oct I was on 58.46 miles - so here goes with my updates :smile:

Looking at this I think my numbers have gone a bit mad so I'm just going to start again, list everything from the beginning of the month and see where we're at!

1 Oct - 3.78 miles
    2 Oct - 7.99 miles
    4 Oct - 6.52 miles
    6 Oct - 5.69 miles
    9 Oct - 10.36 miles
    11 Oct - 7.03 miles
    13 Oct - 6.93 miles
    16 Oct - 10.02 miles
    18 Oct - 6.75 miles
    20 Oct - 5.87 miles
    22 Oct - 4.79 miles
    23 Oct - 10.9 miles
    25 Oct - 7.62 miles
    27 Oct - 5.72 miles

So that gives me an overall total of: 100.06!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!! :smile: :smile: And still got 2 runs (one short, one long) to go before the end of the month.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ran 5 yesterday and I have a 5k tomorrow morning. I'm getting close to my goal! :)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Let's go Guys....I am done with my goal for the month but will be padding on the mileage with a couple more runs before November first. I challenge you all to keep moving. It is not about finishing first, or being in the top ten. It is all about making a goal and then doing your best to reach it. Sometimes we may fall short for a variety of reason, but as long as we don't give up, we are WINNERS. Remember that in January of this year, the thought of 100miles was only associated with a car. Now we are doing it on foot. That is a major accomplishment for anyone, much less a group of fatties on MFP. Keep moving forward my friends(in the words of Roe), and remember that you can never reach your goals, if you don't have any.

Proud of each and every one of you, and Barbie, you are truly a beast.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Since we are winding down at the end an intermediate update, as a group we are now in the GREEN (over half see legend that denotes the percentage we have left until the goal.

A NOTE!!! We all should be proud because EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the list is progressing consistently, and steadily! CONGRATS!

Check3_5.PNG