"Fit For The New Year - Biggest Loser Challenge" (Closed Gro

Options

Replies

• naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well I tried my best this week! Considering everything I went through this week the fact that I even exercised every single day is amazing in itself let alone how much I actually did exercise. My weight now that is an entirely different story. Between salty foods and TOM and stress my body is rebelling even with all the exercising. Oh well if I am eliminated thanks for the awesome week. See you all later.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Well I tried my best this week! Considering everything I went through this week the fact that I even exercised every single day is amazing in itself let alone how much I actually did exercise. My weight now that is an entirely different story. Between salty foods and TOM and stress my body is rebelling even with all the exercising. Oh well if I am eliminated thanks for the awesome week. See you all later.

You've done an AMAZING job this week and I am so proud of you for sticking with it no matter what!! You didn't let life get in the way of your goals and that right there is an AMAZING triumph a lot of people can't get over!!! Keep up the great work!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Hey! So what time does our work outs have to be in by on Sunday? Noon Central time? Or was it earlier?
    12 Noon Sunday Central time

Thanks MEg!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    i personally think that this week's challenge should be how many hours you exercise, not how many calories you burn. because everyone in this challenge is at a different weight, which means that they burn different amounts of calories. so two people could do the same exercise at the same intensity for the same amount of time, but one person could burn 500 calories more than the other person, which i think is just not fair.

is anyone with me on this?
    I think that is a great idea for a weeks challenge. She tried to make it as fair as possible by going by MFP numbers instead of HRMs, but the way I look at it is: the point of this challenge isn't to see who is better or who will win, to me the point is getting out there and pushing yourself further than you ever thought possible and picking up some cool people to support you along the way:)

this is very true. i wasn't thinking of it that way.

Well explained Meg!!.. Skinny.. this challenge is more about PUSHING yourelf, and giving yourself the test to the limit! ... I LOVE to challenge myself and push myself to the max.. I believe this is how I see results... and this is what I expect out of each one of you!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    So apparently working out A LOT 5 days in a row is my burning out point...I just can't seem to bring myself to do anything today. :(

A day of rest may be just what you need ... Great work this week!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Well here we are at week 2 of the Biggest Loser Challenge, you guys have proved to be STRONG and AMAZING competitiors! You have pushed yourself to the max this week and burned over 95,000 calories!
    Some of you had life obstacles in the way, and pushed through them, coming out on top of your burn. That is a tuff battle to fight, and for that you should be proud of yourself (as I am proud of you).
    Other's pushed themselve to the max, burning calories in the quad digits. Moving when we didn't want to move anymore. Burning those calories and moving our selves to the max. You have done an AMAZING job!!
    So here we are at Week 2... we will soon be saying goodbye to one of our teams, everyone of you deserve the chance to continue on... everyone of you have worked towards that chance.... but as it's always hard to say goodbye, there can only be 1 winner...

For those of you that are continuing on, keep pushing yourself. stay focused and dedicated to yourself and amazing things will happen!

Week 2 Challenge - Water it Up and Crunch it out!

This week's challenge is about stepping it! Exercise plays a big role in losing weight but another big part of losing weight is keeping your body hydrated with plenty of water. With water comes weight loss. Many studies show that you should drink a minimum of 64oz of water per day, and for every 25lbs you want to lose another full 8oz glass of water!

So here we go:

Week 2 Challenge is a 2 crunch challenge

1) Crunch it Out: This is a crunch challenge. The team that complete's the most crunches wil be safe from elimination. Please record the amount of crunches completed in your diary in the "Food Notes" section. Each day you should submit these to your diary. (no going back at the end of the week)
    2) In order for your crunches to qualify for the daily "Crunch it Out" challenge you must drink 64oz of water and record this in your diary. If you do not complete the Water It up Challenge - your Crunches will be eliminiated from the total for that day.

You guys are doing AMAZING... and I am so proud of each of you!! Good luck with this week's challenge!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Awesome work everyone! Great week last week!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When will we know results?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Still waiting on 3 teams final weigh-in's!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I AM GOING TO ROCK THIS, ALONG WITH MY BUDDY JADE_BUTTERFLY.....TEAL IS GOING TO DO THEIR THANG....YALL GET READY.......
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking, shouldn't we be posting our weigh-ins here, kind of like biggest loser has to get up on the giant scale in front of everyone? Just a thought. lol
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Everyone did so amazingly well this week :) Congratulations to Team Green on their stupendous calorie burn! Though Nikkie and I will be crunching our way to the top this coming week (provided we make it through elimination!) hehe

RADICAL REDS FTW!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I was just thinking, shouldn't we be posting our weigh-ins here, kind of like biggest loser has to get up on the giant scale in front of everyone? Just a thought. lol

Good thought..but I also LOVE the idea of keeping you guys in suspense! LMAO
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

You my dear, are a sadist ;)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    FEEL THE ZEAL OF TEAL. . . . . . WE ARE GOING TO TEAR IT UP THIS WEEK!. .. . . . *SHUDDER at the TEAL DUST! GRRRRROOOOWWWWWWLLLLLL!:bigsmile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options

That's just foul. . . So when do we get to find out???:smile:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am definitely curious to hear of the results....:happy:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    This is the group forum for the "Fit For The New Year - Biggest Loser Challenge. This is a closed group and the challenge is currently NOT accepting any more teams.

Information regarding the challenge can be found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/itsbigjoesgal/view/-fit-for-the-new-year-biggest-loser-challenge-153005#comments

Each team should check in with their weekly challenge update & weekly weigh in. Final numbers are due Sunday morning by 12:00 pm (central time)... each week.

If your team is eliminated DON"T GIVE UP.. you can still go for MFP STAR & Voters Choice Award!!! But you must continue through the challenge in order to get these awards!

We only have 8 teams so we will be mixing up elimination on a couple of weeks. Each week I will let you know the weekly challenge as well as what the elimination day will bring!!

So if your ready, let's introduce our teams!!

Blue Team - Skinnyminniexx & xorachxo with a combined weight of: 297.4

Teal Team - achampionsheart & jade_butterfly with a combined weight of: 425.9

Green Team - Kpaden1221 & Melroxsox with a cobined weight of: 575.2

Black Team - Neuroticvirgo & naesue with a combined weight of: 494.6

Pink Team - Itsbigjoesgal & Megabux with a combined weight of: 470.00

Purple Team - Rmartin72 & Baypathgradlyn with a combined weight of : 366.7

Camo Team - Countrydarling1 & Sassyshook with a combined weight of: 663.5

Yellow Team - SCGMA & Arieltheincredible with a combined weight of: 366

So how is the elimination done?
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So if we crunch today does it count? i kind of feel like I want to crunch a bit. But would love for it to count! I got so much other stuff that my trainer has me doing for my abs that if I am going to crunch they better count for this!!!!! :tongue:
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ooo Ya'll are sooooo in TROUBLE !!!!!!
    Team Yellow is on a roll...
    Crunches HERE WE Come !!!!
    Water ...remember I have a 28 oz, and I refill NON STOP !!!
    Yellow Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)