How soon do you delete people that have not logged in

Options
1235»

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I was recently MIA for a while due to my hubs being in the hospital, kiddo starting school and then a subsequent vacation. Major life upheaval just kept me too busy. I felt awful for not leaving an explanation... there were a slew of folks who'd dropped me whilst I was gone. (And still are! LMAO)

That said, for those who wrote messages on my wall and stuck with me in my absense, I'm so grateful to have these people as MFP friends. *big, sloppy wet kisses to all of those crazy f'ers* I love my lot of friends on here.

I'd not ditch anyone off my list.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I give people 2-3 months before I delete them, unless I know them in real life.

Some people say they only want people who motivate them on their lists, but shouldn't it be a 2 way street?

If you see someone hasn't logged in for a week or two or three, why not send them a message noting their absence, asking if they are ok, let them know they are missed???

I've done this, with no result. I just want to friend people with the same goals and will as myself. I personally don't want to carry anyone and I don't want anyone carrying me... Its hard to encourage someone when they are not logging in to see it in the first place
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    3 days if it's a random

never if it's somebody I liked.

Exactly!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    7 months. i think thats fair
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't collect friends on facebook so I'm not going to collect them here. I have deleted a few people who posted WAY too much non MFP related stuff that was TMI for me. While I was deleting those I deleted a few people who haven't logged in 3 months and send messages to a few people who hadn't logged in for a month. I like to keep my list on the small side so I actually know what people's goals and plans are.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people everybody deserves a fair chance
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people for not logging in. It's not like them not logging in makes my homepage less managable. The only time I consider deleting someone is if they post way too often and we have nothing in common.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    1 month probably. Mainly because I don't like having too many friends on here so I kinda use any excuse to delete. Just kidding!

Sorry to hear about your friend OP. :flowerforyou:
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If they lay dormant for a week they will not miss me.. One week!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    When the little red number hits 6 months I figure they aren't coming back and delete.
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    I don't think I'd delete someone for not logging in. And I find it annoying when people post "COMMENT ON MY PAGE OR RISK DELETION" type posts. This is not jr. high. People have lives to live. If you don't log in for days then I assume you're getting your motivation elsewhere or that you've fallen off the wagon. We've all been there. It's not killing me to have a few "has not logged in for x-days" on my friends list.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I will prod someone to check in if it's been +2 weeks, but only if I know them well enough. Otherwise I delete when I see they haven't been on for over a month.
  • mommymovingmountains
    Options
    I don't think I'd delete someone for not logging in. And I find it annoying when people post "COMMENT ON MY PAGE OR RISK DELETION" type posts. This is not jr. high. People have lives to live. If you don't log in for days then I assume you're getting your motivation elsewhere or that you've fallen off the wagon. We've all been there. It's not killing me to have a few "has not logged in for x-days" on my friends list.

I agree! I don't like the threats either.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Damn I'm bad, after four or five days ill boot you
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    two-three weeks, usually. Or if I notice you're not actually logging food or exercise... you're just there. Unless they've said something about not being on for a while.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If it's been a few months, I'll go back and look at their profile to remind myself what kind of interaction they had when they were active. If they offered very little support, rarely ever commented about anything, or hardly even logged, etc. I will go ahead and drop them because they weren't really involved anyway. I always send PM's and wait a week or so. Then I send another PM inviting them to send me a Friend Request if they ever return to MFP.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Damn I'm bad, after four or five days ill boot you
    You're ruthless! Just kidding.
    I'm more lenient; I'll give them a month or so. Someone who I've deleted due to her extended absence on MFP has actually returned to the site and added me as a friend again.
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So far I've not deleted anyone. I've only been at this for 85 days or so though. I'll probably clean up the friend list once a year or so. I know that for the past two weeks or so, all I've been able to do was log in, and haven't had the chance to support my "Friends" like I'd like to, and thankfully, no one deleted me. I'm also not one to "Collect" a bunch of friends here.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go delete some people right now!
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I had a similar situation while I was gone on vacation. Different circumstances pop up in people's lives. Sometimes you are able to be supportive to others, but sometimes you are the one needing support. I never randomly delete someone. When I've noticed that they haven't logged on in awhile, I send them a private message asking if they are alright and leaving a word of encouragement. Once I've heard back from them I can make a decision based on the response I get. This isn't just about what I get from everyone, it's about what I am able to give too.

Right on marathonmom, It's about supporting eachother. Give and get. We should be friends. LOL