NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options
Congratulations to Team Abnehmen who won this weeks challenge with a total of 102 points again!

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Jonnaliz with 8.8% lost
Individual with the most pounds lost: Jonnaliz: 4.4 lbs.
Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Marti with 2,370

Perfect 10's: Lauren, Gwynne, Cassandre, Katie, Naomi, and Jeanie.

Team Star's (new category to recognize those who contributed the most to each team, in total points):

Thin It to Win It: Marti
Abnehmen: Gwynne
Weight Loss Warrior Princesses: Jeanie

We have lost a total of 140 lbs so far!!! We can do better, let's get going!!!

Team Abnehmen here is your trophy....

9336080_4459.jpg

copy and paste to your signature, change the capital I's in Img to lowercase i's at the beginning and end.

Replies

• DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Good work, everyone! And btw, I love the idea of keeping the same thread going for the month. Genius!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, everyone! :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I am jealous of that gorgeous calorie burn. Great job everyone!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Here is my tip/recipe for the day-When making dip use cottage cheese instead of sour cream or mayo. Just put your cottage cheese in the blender and blend the heck out of it until it is very smooth-you don't want clumps. Depending on the amount of luquid in your cottage cheese you might need to add just a bit of milk to get it the right consistency. Use the same amount of cottage cheese that you would sour cream or mayo. I haven't done this for a hot dip yet, but I made the spinach dip from vegetable soup mix and a ranch dip and both were very good. Nobody even noticed a difference. i actually got a lot of compliments on the dip. People were amazed when I told them it was nearly fat free.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Recipe! This is fantastic, and since it's a crockpot recipe it's incredibly easy too. I left out the cilantro and chili peppers, but it was still pretty spicy. If you make your own taco seasoning you can also really bring down the sodium. I'm making this again this weekend. :)

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

* 1 onion, chopped
    * 1 16-oz can black beans
    * 1 16-oz can kidney beans
    * 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    * 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    * 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    * 1 packet taco seasoning
    * 1 tbsp cumin
    * 1 tbsp chili powder
    * 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    * chili peppers, chopped (optional)
    * 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    my tip is perfect for anyone who wants to bake but doesnt want the calories!!

in any given recipe, you can substitute unsweetened applesauce for the butter or oil. you can also use stevia or another no-calorie sweetner in place of the sugar and save HUNDREDS of calories!!! :)
  • lauralou23
    Options
    My Tip of the Week!

I love Hungry Girl!!!! It's all Tips & Tricks for Hungry Chicks! how cool right?

Go to http://www.hungry-girl.com/subscribe and sign up to get Hungry Girl E-mails! It's free and you get some awesome tips and recipes.

She is best know for her "Food Swaps" you can look under "Chew the Right thing" and it has all of our favorite fatty foods and she shows you a low cal healthy recipe to go with it!

Here are some examples:

How to Get to Sesame Meat! Chinese Food Swap!: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1838

Who Says? Ses-a-ME!
    Sure, crunchy chicken smothered in sweet Asian sauce is delicious... but HELLO!? It's deep-fried and super-fatty! Our Sweet 'n Sticky Sesame Chicken is crispy and coated with an amazingly thick and delicious sauce... and there's no frying (or obscene nutritionals) involved. Try it, okay? Do it!

HG's Oreo Cheesecake Attack! Cheesecake Factory Food Swap: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1498

Sweet Cheeses!
    We're only human, so we LOVE a good cheesecake. This may very well be our richest, most decadent cheesecake dessert EVER. Excited? You should be. Our Yo! Oreo Cheesecake for One is AWESOME... and requires no baking... and is also upside down.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    My tip of the week is to plan your diary for the week. That way when you go grocery shopping, you'll know exactly how much to buy and won't purchase too much or too little. It saves money and time and leaves out any guessing work throughout the week. Also, I'm not wondering if I'm over on calories!
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    To get extra greens in your day, make a fruit smoothie and add a handful of raw spinach. You can't even taste it!
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am the newest memeber of Team Abnehmen -adamkat aka Kathy. I am quite new to the boards so I have lots of learning to do on how to maneuver around but all in time. I am so excited to be part of a challenge and to be a New me by the New Year for sure!! I turn 40 on December 28th so my goal to to be the best I can be and a hot 40 instead of a so-so 40.
    Thanks to my team captain gwynnehamer for taking me in and whoo-hoo here we go!!!!!!!!
    Also I got 130 oz of water in yesterday. :happy:

Here is my receipe that I use faithfully.

Crockpot Chicken and salsa with black beans

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    one 19 oz can black beans (rinsed really well to reduce sodium)
    20 oz salsa

Add all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 3 -4 hours Once done use fork to pull the chicken apart and voila easy peesy and oh so yummy. This makes 4 servings and I like mine with a whole wheat pita for easy clean lunch.

Enjoy. Kathy.
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    Here is my tip/recipe for the day-When making dip use cottage cheese instead of sour cream or mayo. Just put your cottage cheese in the blender and blend the heck out of it until it is very smooth-you don't want clumps. Depending on the amount of luquid in your cottage cheese you might need to add just a bit of milk to get it the right consistency. Use the same amount of cottage cheese that you would sour cream or mayo. I haven't done this for a hot dip yet, but I made the spinach dip from vegetable soup mix and a ranch dip and both were very good. Nobody even noticed a difference. i actually got a lot of compliments on the dip. People were amazed when I told them it was nearly fat free.

this is great! now that i've realized i actually like cottage cheese. thanks! you can also substitute plain greek yogurt for sour cream.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My tip for the day is clean your fridge. I buy, cut, clean and package any kind of raw vegetable you can imagine and put them all in the front of my refrigerator so it's the first thing i see when i open it ;) This is especially helpful on the weekends..lol My recipe is something i made last week Chicken Caesar Pinwheels.
    What you will need is BSCB 4 pieces cleaned, fat cut off and pounded
    Caesar flavor croutons
    Caesar dressing
    Baby Spinach
    Fresh Parm. Cheese-The powder doesn't quite cut it
    Fresh Garlic -use as much as you want.. I personally will never have to worry about vampires ;)
    -Heat oven to about 375
    -Pound meat until about 1/4 inch
    -Crush croutons until they look like breadcrumbs (breadcrumbs would work but i really liked how these tasted)
    -On piece of chicken bottom part up sprinkle your favorite seasonings. I used fresh garlic, pepper, and onion powder
    -Put a little of the parm cheese on the chicken
    -lay about 1/2 cup of the baby spinach down
    -drizzle a little bit of the caesar dressing. Mine was more vinegar based. A little goes a very long way
    -dust with some of the croutons
    -roll chicken and place in your pan of choice.. repeat process with the other chicken
    -When all your chicken is beat, stuffed and rolled bursh a little more caesar dressing on top and sprinkle remaining croutons on top.
    -finish it off with a little sprinkle of the parm cheese. Bake till done.. (i have no set time because it depends on how thick your chicken is :) (i covered mine for about the first 20 minutes with some foil)
    -Let cool for about 10 minutes and slice into pinwheels. Lay on top a big plate of romaine lettuce and veggies. I didn't need any extra dressing. This is one of my new favorites. If you have any tricks to cut sodium i welcome them. Going to try a homemade dressing and croutons next time. I'm sure that will make a HUGE difference. Hope everyone is having a fabulous thursday :)
    p.s I am a horrible speller.. sorry in advance...lol
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    So I got this in an email from Hungry Girl back in July. I have yet to make it, but hope to soon. Sounds so good.

Coconut Cream Fluffcakes
    PER SERVING (1 cupcake): 105 calories, 1.5g fat, 158mg sodium, 20g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 14g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

If clouds were made of cupcakes and tasted like coconut, they'd be a lot like these treats. YUM!

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
    1/4 cup Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme, room temperature
    1 drop coconut extract
    1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
    Half of a 16-oz. box (about 1 1/2 cups) angel food cake mix

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. (You MUST use baking cups for this recipe.) Do not spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine Cool Whip, marshmallow creme, and coconut extract. Mix thoroughly, cover, and refrigerate.

Roughly chop 1/4 cup shredded coconut and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix with 5 oz. (1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp.) water. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium, and beat for 1 minute. Add the roughly chopped coconut, and beat for another 30 seconds.

Allow cake mixture to rest for 2 minutes. Then evenly distribute it among the baking cups. Bake in the oven until tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Set aside to slightly cool.

Evenly spread frosting mixture among cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

MAKES 12 SERVINGS
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ok here's my recipe. It's not exactly clean eating, but it really helps if you have an ice cream craving.

Low Fat Oreos
    Cool Whip

Crush up approxiamtely 8 oreos and mix into cool whip.
    Freeze
    ENJOY!!
    It's like cookies and cream ice cream. I don't know if they have low fat mint oreoes, but if so you could even have mint oreo ice cream. I adore this stuff

There are no set amounts because you can add or reduce the amount of cookies to your liking (But don't go crazy witht he cookies guys!!)
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Good morning!
    Here's my recipe. It's for buffalo chicken pita pizza and it's sooooo yummy :love: I love a good pizza. I'm sorry I don't have a pic of the pizza, next time I go to the store I will pick up some pita bread so that I can make one and take a picture of it if anyone would like a visual :happy:

NFk1s.jpg

Slice the pita so that it is just a single layer and put it on a stone or a metal baking sheet. Spray pita with olive oil, then sprinkle with any seasonings that you like (my favorites for pizza are garlic salt, crushed red pepper, and spicy Italian seasoning). Next spread the laughing cow cheese over the crust. Heat shredded chicken in a skillet and mix in the buffalo sauce, when hot put the buffalo chicken on the pizza. Drain and heat the black beans and add them to the pizza as well. Next cover with cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice) and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and starting to brown. This smells absolutely amazing and totally satisfies my craving for pizza :bigsmile:
    :heart: Marie
    ps...you can change up the toppings to whatever you prefer and the pita still makes a fabulous crust (just make sure to adjust the calories to whatever you've added to your pizza :wink: )
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    My tip for the week is that I buy whole heads of romaine lettuce on saturday, pull the leaves off, wash them, lightly wrap them in papertowel, then put them in a zip top bag. The lettuce is clean a ready to use and lasts at least 2 weeks like that. It might actually be longer, but we've always run out of it by then.

Recipe:

Okra and Tomatoes

1 bag frozen okra
    1 pint cherry tomatoes
    minced garlic (to taste)
    1/2 diced onion
    1 diced green bell pepper
    1/2 cup diced celery
    salt and pepper (or creole seasoning)
    1/2 pound shrimp (in shell)
    1/2 pound turkey sausage (sliced)

Peel shrimp. Put shells in a pot with 3-4 cups of water and simmer them until there's about 2 cups of liquid. Strain shells out and discard. You now have shrimp stock.

Combine shrimp stock and remaining ingredients (except shrimp) in a covered pot or crockpot and simmer until all the tomatoes have burst open and the okra is tender. Stir in shrimp and simmer until shrimp are done (about 5 minutes).

Serve over rice or as is. Yummy goodness! Makes 2, huge, protein rich servings.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    ::::ACHOOO!::::

Morning everyone. Having a rough time here.

The fresh challenge and the new veggies/fruit challenge is turning out to be something I can't quite do without an allergy pill. I had a pink grapefruit yesterday for the first time (and so did my son!) We both liked it but I started itching about 5 minutes after I ate it.

This morning I was cutting up some celery and within no time I felt the reaction coming on just from touching it. So I took a Zurtek in the hopes that it will lessen my reaction so I can eat it later.

So I'm not sure how to manage my allergic reactions to fruits and veggies AND participate. I may have to accept a zero for those challenges :sad: Because to be honest, the reaction I'm having isn't worth putting myself through. Boooo to allergies.

Ok my recipe which is similar to our newest team member Kathy but with a different take on it.

4-6 chicken breasts (no skin/boneless)
    1 jar of mild salsa (I use Pace Picante)
    3 tbls brown sugar
    1 tbls dijon or spicy mustard
    15 oz can of corn kernels

You can bake this at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. I like to throw it in my crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. In the crock pot it pulls apart really easily and I put it on flatbread or a tortilla with red and green peppers like a fajita. If you bake it, I make a side of brown rice or quinoa on the side.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Kekibird-A vegetable is totally not worth an allergic reaction. Would you be abel to try a different protein instead of fruit for veg? Or if there are fruits and veg you can eat, can you try preparing them in a different way? If these are options I would run them by the group that decided this month's challenges and see if you can make the adjustment.