NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options

Replies

• libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with you my Jumping Jacks. I do Wacky Jacks instead of regular jumping jacks. I have some tendonitis in my left foot and jumping hurts. I like these better because it works your obliques and I'm noticing and slimming on my sides.

Here's the youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDr_EVKxEws
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Here is my Thursday Tip:

This is a great tip I got recently from a friend. I have not started yet, but will this weekend. Make a list of why you must lose weight. Make a list of all the different pains, aches, and discomfort that you feel being overweight or out of shape. After that make a list of all the pleasure and enjoyment you will gain from losing the weight or getting into shape. Take your time creating both of these lists. Update and add to these lists regularly. These lists will help you stay motivated to lose all the extra weight and/or get into shape.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Mini Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mocha Sauce

6 servings, 2 cakes each

Per serving: 244 calories; 17 g fat ( 7 g sat , 3 g mono ); 49 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 30 mg potassium.

INGREDIENTS
    4 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, (60-75% cacao), coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons light cream
    2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, or granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water, divided
    1 tablespoon light corn syrup
    1 large egg
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
    1-3 teaspoons very hot water

PREPARATION
    Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Generously coat the mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
    Place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. (Alternatively, see “No Microwave?” below.) Microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir well, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until the remaining chocolate melts completely.
    To prepare filling: Stir together granulated sugar, cream and half the espresso mixture in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High just to steaming, 20 to 40 seconds. (Alternatively, combine in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until just steaming.) Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add corn syrup and half the melted chocolate (reserve the other half for the batter); stir until completely smooth. Cover and transfer to the freezer until cold and firm, about 30 minutes.
    To prepare batter: When the filling has been chilling for 20 minutes, whisk egg, oil, vanilla, salt and the remaining espresso mixture in a medium bowl until very smooth. Return the remaining chocolate mixture to the microwave. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until just warm again (do not overheat). In two batches, whisk the egg mixture into the warm chocolate until well blended. Sift confectioners' sugar, flour and cocoa over the batter and whisk in just until smoothly incorporated.
    To assemble cakes: Remove the filling from the freezer. Spoon half the batter into the mini muffin cups, about 1 rounded teaspoon per cup. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon filling onto the center of each (reserve the rest for the sauce). Divide the remaining batter evenly among the muffin cups, about 1 rounded teaspoon per cake. Smooth out the batter to cover the filling.
    Bake the cakes on the middle rack until the edges look dry and puffed but the centers still look very underdone and puddinglike, 6 to 9 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack until firm, about 2 minutes. Place a cutting board on top of the pan and invert the mini cakes out onto it. If the cakes are stuck to the pan, run a knife around and under them to loosen.
    To prepare sauce & serve: Thoroughly stir very hot water into the reserved filling, 1 teaspoon at a time, until very smooth and slightly fluid. Serve the warm cakes drizzled with the sauce.

And you can even change the butter for low-calorie butter and cut off some calories! :)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't know how good my tip is, but here goes nothing!

When I make tuna salad, instead of using mayonaise, which is pretty much all fat, I use mustard. Adds a kick of flavor too!! :)
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

When I make tuna salad, instead of using mayonaise, which is pretty much all fat, I use mustard. Adds a kick of flavor too!! :)

That is a great tip. Sometimes I will use 1/2 mustard and 1/2 Greek yogurt.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    This is going to sound gross (it did to me at first) but this is my favorite breakfast:

A piece of toast (I use the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, yum)
    2 tbsp cottage cheese
    1 egg, cooked over hard
    1 tbs of hot salsa

I top the toast with everything else. It is SO good and satisfying.
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Ooohhh I like that! I'm gonna try it!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try this, but as you might all know I work at Starbucks and am obsessed with most of their drinks! This is SUCH a bad thing for someone who's trying to lose weight. Here is a recipe -- a swap if you may -- from Hungry Girl for the Mocha Coconut Frapp at Starbucks:

Wake Me Up Before You Coco...

This new recipe is a major eye-opener, and not only because it's made with coffee and chocolate -- it will open your eyes to just how easy it is to make Starbucks-style blendy drinks at home... YAY!!!

Ingredients:
    2 tsp. shredded sweetened coconut, roughly chopped
    2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tbsp. fat-free non-dairy powdered creamer (like the kind by Coffee-mate)
    1 tsp. instant coffee granules
    1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda or Truvia), or more to taste
    1/8 tsp. coconut extract
    2 cups crushed ice or 10 - 16 ice cubes
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
    1 tsp. light chocolate syrup

Directions:
    To toast the coconut, bring a skillet to medium heat on the stove; add chopped coconut and, stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. (Or, if you have a toaster oven, just toast until lightly browned.) Set aside to cool.

In a tall glass, place cocoa powder, powdered creamer, coffee granules, chocolate chips, and sweetener. Add 1/2 cup very hot water and stir until ingredients have mostly dissolved. Add coconut extract, and transfer contents of the glass to a blender. Rinse the glass, if needed, and set aside.

Add ice to the blender, and blend at high speed until completely mixed and smooth. Pour into the tall glass.

If you like, add additional sweetener to taste. Top with Reddi-wip, drizzle with chocolate syrup, and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe (about 16 oz.)
    Calories: 120
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 24mg
    Carbs: 21g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: 8g
    Protein: 2.5g
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Mini Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mocha Sauce

You had me at hello.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    So many sweet treats listed... *whimper*
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wimpering over here too LOL just wondering for the weekend portion of the challange do you get a point a day or do you only get the 2 points for making it for both days? Thanks and happy weekend all.
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    SORRY I DIDN'T POST A TIP OR RECIPE LAST WEEK , MY DAUGHTER JUST TOLD ME HOW TO DO IT... DDDUUUHHH!!!!!!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Wimpering over here too LOL just wondering for the weekend portion of the challange do you get a point a day or do you only get the 2 points for making it for both days? Thanks and happy weekend all.

One point per day. :)
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Congratulations to Team Thin It to Win It who won this weeks challenge with a total of 135 points!

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Jessica (szczepj) with 17%
    Individual with the most pounds lost: Rachel (kitiara) with 5.5 lbs.
    Top 3 Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Jessican (szczepj): 4712, Lorie (wvualum): 4526, and Kelly (JamesonsMommy) 3527.

Perfect 14's: Kelly (JamesonsMommy), Jessica (szczepj), and Gwynne (gwynnehamer)

Team Star's (new category to recognize those who contributed the most to each team, in total points):

Thin It to Win It: Jessica (szczepj)
    Abnehmen: Kathy (adamkat)
    Weight Loss Warrior Princesses: Kelly (JamesonsMommy)

We have lost a total of 144 lbs so far!!! We can do better, let's get going!!!

Team Thin It to Win It here is your trophy....

9336080_6445.jpg

copy and paste to your signature, change the capital I's in Img to lowercase i's at the beginning and end.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!! we did it!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: dear trophy i missed you :tongue:

way to go jessica!!! team starrr
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Jess, your star is shining bright. :heart: Good job!!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! My name is Melissa though :) or missy...lol
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    YAY!!! My name is Melissa though :) or missy...lol
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I wondered about that. LOL I think one of the people you replaced was kelly and I forgot to change the name! :blushing: Sorry!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    I've been called much worse...lol