NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options

Replies

• MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I offered to have a baby shower for my cousin. Today I am treating a coworker out to lunch whom is a cancer survivor (she is a very awesome woman).
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    these are awesome and inspiring!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Today, I didn't yell at my boyfriend. Just kidding.

Actually, today one of my co-workers was pretty stressed out and instead of adding to the fire, I told her to sit down and make a list of what she needs to do. She was trying to freak out at first, but I made her sit her butt down with a pen and paper. She is now happily completing her tasks... without all the stress.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts but I woke my son up this morning with kisses and cuddles instead of frustration at him not getting up when I ask him to.

He's not a morning person just like his mama.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't call them random acts of kindness i call them being a good christian. lol Just trying to get into heaven :) I was going to pick up a hitchhiker on the way home today but changed my mind (pretty sure that goes above and beyond what you are asking) When i talked to my grammy this afternoon she sounded down so i decided on a quick trip just to give her a hug (she only lives 30 minutes away). A quick trip turned into the whole afternoon and i can't think of any other way i would rather spend my day.. Missed the gym but she is 91 and i cherish everyday i get to spend with her :)
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Called my sister and told her I would take her to a Sunday School class dinner tomorrow, then told a friend I would pick her up so she wouldnn't have to drive her car.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't call them random acts of kindness i call them being a good christian. lol Just trying to get into heaven :) I was going to pick up a hitchhiker on the way home today but changed my mind (pretty sure that goes above and beyond what you are asking) When i talked to my grammy this afternoon she sounded down so i decided on a quick trip just to give her a hug (she only lives 30 minutes away). A quick trip turned into the whole afternoon and i can't think of any other way i would rather spend my day.. Missed the gym but she is 91 and i cherish everyday i get to spend with her :)

Melissa-there are more important things in life than going to the gym and spending time with people you love is one of them. I'm glad you were able to go see your grammy. I miss mine everyday and wish I could spend just a little more time with her.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Melissa-there are more important things in life than going to the gym and spending time with people you love is one of them. I'm glad you were able to go see your grammy. I miss mine everyday and wish I could spend just a little more time with her.

My thoughts exactly :) She has burried a husband, cat , and 3 children (a three kids were within the past year).. She still lives on her own.. I still look forward to sleepovers at her house just like i did when i was a little kid :) She is the best!!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I picked up trash off the neutral ground (median) yesterday, and today I bought breakfast for a homeless woman. I don't give money to pandhandlers, but if someone asks for food and it is within my power to get it, I do.
  • wvualum
    Options

That is exactly the reason I wanted to do this challenge. I feel like when we are trying to lose weight we focus on ourselves so much that we need reminded that we really needed to focus on something other than ourselves sometimes.

I'm so glad you took the time to see your grandma! I miss my grandma everyday too, she is the rock upon which my foundation has been built.

Yesterday, Not a whole lot of opportunities presented themselves to me, but I did try to be a helpful driver, I let several people in front of me when traffic was rough and they were struggling to get in the right lanes.

Today, I spent all morning helping a coworker get a fixed asset program working correctly.

What do you all think about keeping this challenge going for the rest of the challenge? I think especially with the holidays coming, we can be working on our bodies and souls!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Today while driving in heavy traffic, I let cars get in front, so they wouldn't have to wait. I hate it when people see someone trying to merge into a lane, and no one lets them in.

I am also not exercising tonight to spend some time with my boyfriend. He's always moody when I'm busy, and it upsets me because I don't have as much time as I want. But then I realize that he's upset because he wants to spend more time with me.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Humm....I'm spending the night at my parents' house tomorrow. Maybe I'll do a kind act for the spirit of my grandfather who is roaming the halls! Try to figure out what he's looking for! :wink:

For reals, the lady in my office lost a best friend this week. I've been listening to her and offering as much comfort as I can. I'm also going to talk to the boss to give her Friday off for the funeral and reception so that she can be with her family and friends. I feel awful, I wish there was more but she's not asking for much so I'm trying not to pry. And I know people grieve differently so I'm just trying to be there.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Congratulations to Team Abnehmen who won this weeks challenge with a whopping 145 points!
    WLWP had 109 points and TITWI had 106.

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Rebecca with 13%
    Individual with the most pounds lost: Emily with 4.8 lbs.
    Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Marti with 6,071 :drinker:

Perfect 14's: Laura, Kedia, Rebecca, Jessica, and Gwynne

Team Star's (new category to recognize those who contributed the most to each team, in total points):

Thin It to Win It: Rebecca
    Abnehmen: Gwynne
    Weight Loss Warrior Princesses: Emily

We have lost a total of 163 lbs so far!!! We can do better, let's get going!!!

Team Abnehmen here is your trophy....

9336080_4125.jpg

copy and paste to your signature, change the capital I's in Img to lowercase i's at the beginning and end.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Wow. Great job to everyone this week. Glad to have the trophy back!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Wow. Great job to everyone this week. Glad to have the trophy back!

Trophy looks good. I'm not jealous or anything.
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WHoo -hoo first time haveing the trophy while contributing. LOL
    My "good deed" yesterday I gave my co-worker some ideas on where to take her grandson when he comes to visit her in a few weeks.
    Today I let someone in the building who forgot their pass. (well I hope they work in the building) I always hate it when I forget mine and have to hang out till someone comes. So I think it is good. ;c)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    My good deed for yesterday was helping someone in my dept at work with their edits. They were falling behind and I didn't have much to do so I offered to give them a hand.

Today, I held the door open at the wawa for the guy behind me. :) Small, but it's something.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Oh wow! I completely forgot about the good deed posts!

Yesterday I walked to the store with one of my roommates and lent an ear and gave what advise I could while she vented about boyfriends, classes, and senior design.

And today I TAed for the calculus 1 class during their worksheet hour. The look of realization when I explain a concept to them is rewarding enough. And since this is my job from 3-4 on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I'll only use this one once :wink:
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I spent some extra time with a prospective family working to answer all their questions even when I was running late for my next appointment.
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats Team A!

My good deed today, I drove my son and our neighbors to their bus stop this rainy, cold morning. I wish I had a car to fit all 6 kids in my car. :)