Replies

• ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 132lbs :) xxxx
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started here on MFP at 213 with an initial goal weight of 145. I started thinking that I would aim more for 140-145 after I got to about 195. Now I really am not sure at all. Unlike many of you I have never seen myself lower that 185 until this current point in time. I am as of today at 179 and can't believe that I made it this far and can't wait to see it continue in that direction. but at 179 I am (I think) a size 14 and that is really not where I want to be at all, and I don't know if another 35-40 pounds will cut it for me. So I guess I am sticking with my original goals until I can evaluate further. I have a large frame and really have no way to anticipate what will happen from this point out.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
  • runner1981
    Options
    140, but when I get there, I might try to see how I handle 130-135!
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I want to be 160. Or even 155. But mostly 160. I have a big boned structure, plus I like my curves a lot. I don't want be a skinny minny.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and currently at 154lbs. My goal was 147lbs because that is what I always maintained before the little ones and was quite slender, but being more toned than ever before, that would be too slim. So, I changed my goal to 150lbs...only 4 more to go!
  • bombshellintraining18
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is 125
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and My original goal was 130 and I am currently maintaining at a solid 128! I started out at about 145-150. I got down to 125 at one point and I didn't like the way I looked and it was too hard to maintain. My body seems pretty happy between 128 and 130, so that is where I will stay :).
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    128 for me (I'm 5' 7.5".) I've weighed that before but it's been a long time.
  • snickers14
    Options
    I'm 5'7 with a smallish frame - I have worked hard to get to 132 which was my original goal. Now I want to get to around 123.
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is 126, i'm currently 131 and seem to be maintaining.

I'm finding it much harder now i'm nearer my goal, but i'm also not been as strict with myself, need to put the head down!
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't think most 5'7" girls can/should go as low as 120, i was just bless/cursed with a naturally VERY rectangl-y shape.

I agree! My lowest weight once was 132lbs and I didn't look healthy at all. My shoulder bones were sticking our,u could see my ribs....people didn't like it

At 5'9 i was down to 120 at one point... when i was on swim team, and spending 4ish hours a day swimming/excersizing - Looked AMAZING, but was very very COLD... ALL The time. Decided that couldn't be healthy. Now if i could only get back down to what i weighed at that time when i wasn't swimming....
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have been classified by 2 doctors as being the largest frame of a large framed person. Due to that, the government recommended weight for me is not correct. I want to get to 170-165, which is what both of these Doctors have recommended to me. I'm currently sitting at 202, so I've got another 30 lbs to go.
  • jesicalyn80
    jesicalyn80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 193 pounds & many years ago I weighed 150. I looked sick & unhealthy. I also lost the weight by starving myself. So this time I am aiming for 160. I am working out & eating healthy. Maybe it will look different this time around & I might do 150 again.
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Right now, at week one, I am aiming for 150. Many months from now when I actually weigh 150 I might reevaluate. Who knows?
    I once weighed 130lbs but I was very much younger then!
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 20, and an athletic, medium body type at 148lbs.
    I would love to lose 10 pounds and be out of the forties.
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started at 160. I'm at 155 and want to see 140. Then I'll reevaluate. I'd love to get to 135. I've had 3 kids and my body frame has changed.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 but I got so fat I shrunk to 5ft 7!
    I did have an ED but I loved being in control at 120lbs at age 16.
    But I'm 38 now and I know I'll look really scrawny if I try to go there again.
    So I'm shooting for 154lbs. Then reassess to maybe 140lbs.
    But have promised my man and parents no lower.
    I've given them the power of intervention to prevent a relapse.
    I'm sure I'll be fine.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "I guess "too skinny" is a matter of opinion. :-) I know that I feel better, my clothes fit beautifully, and my energy, strength and stamina are through the roof. Of course, I am vegetarian, and we are thinner naturally because of not eating animal products. I don't run into many women my age who are anywhere close to my level of fitness and/or "skinniness". I wear a size 3 in most pants, 2s in some brands. "

I guess a size 2 and 3 is what I would mean by too skinny but good for you for being healthy! I was a size 4 for awhile and I def wouldnt want to go smaller. Everyone is built a little different so the numbers will be a little different for everyone. Ive been cursed with a big butt and big boobs no matter the size - My mom said I had a "lead" butt lol. Perhaps thats why I never got smaller on the scale than 126 lol. My caboose was just too heavy!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I think I'm shooting for 140. I'm 170 now and this is the smallest I've ever been. Literally. Clothes that fit when I was 15 are now baggy on me. So we'll see about that 140. I want my gut and double chin gone and I want to strong and fast. Whatever weight that happens at is my goal weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!