5'7 Goal Weight

Options

Replies

• sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    150 - is really small for me but i am aiming anywhere between 150-160 (being the highest) i think it depends on your body frame.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    BMI is a very rough estimate at best. Everyone is different. You can't assign a narrow range like 140-146 and definitively say that everyone should shoot for that. Completely unrealistic.

Thanks for the response- I did mention it doesnt take into account body frame and that the charts vary.
    They make the range so large for healthy as well, from a BMI of 19 to a BMI of 25 is a 38lb range I would think every or most body types could fit in a range that large.
    Just thought I would share what My nutritionist told me with you all.

:smile:
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I looked bad at 127, so I went back to the 135 range
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ideally I'd LOVE to be 135. Realistically I think 140 would be ok. I honestly would rather feel better in my clothes. I'm a size 8 right now and I'd really like to be a size 6. I feel I've tried lots of different things and it doesn't seem to be working much. So, at this point I'm going to concentrate on strength training and am going to start C25K sometime in the next month or so. I'm at a healthy BMI right now, but at the high end. I'd love to be smack dab in the middle, with no wobbly bits in my body. LOL
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my GW is 120, because I have a big bone structure so it's hard for the result to show :(
  • JenBen5885
    JenBen5885 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right now I am shooting for 180 (I have a large body frame). Depending on how I feel and look when I get there, I may try for 160-170.

I also have a larger body frame so I would be thrilled with 175!
  • medstudentchef
    Options
    I'm aiming to get to 138, and maintain from 138-140.
  • dawn18011
    Options
    Looking for a goal weight of 140 lbs as that for me is a size 4/6 in clothes. If I am at 135 it is about a size 4 but hard for me to maintain. I think having a healthy BMI is important and your mental well being no matter the number.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and really want to be around 135-140 but I am mostly hoping for good measurements =)
  • CynthiaPreciosa
    Options
    my goal is 150 and we'll see once I get there. :)
  • GoGettmGirl419
    Options
    I'm shooting for 150 but in order for me to get the flat tummy I want I may have to go lower..We shall see
  • meaganh13
    meaganh13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5", and have a fairly large frame but I am hoping to get to 165 at least. I am currently 215 and have never been this big in my life and can still squish into my 14 pants but have bought a couple pairs of 16s just to feel more comfortable. I vowed to myself not to stay in 14s for too long and it's become the norm over the past couple of years. If anyone has a similar body type and has any tips, pictures and success stories, please add me as a friend. It's always great to read everyone's stories but it's especially motivating when you can see someone very similar to you making progress - no excuses this way! Thanks!
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my current weight is 133. My highest weight was 145 and I felt really chunky. My pants are still the same size at this weight and I feel pretty flabby still. So I'm trying to figure out if it is realistic for my goal to include weight loss, with a goal weight of 125, or if I should only focus on strength training more to replace fat with muscle and just not worry about the numbers. I have a medium sized frame for the most part, and big hips. 28" waist now and 39" around the biggest part of my hips, so I am a size 8 in most jeans due to my hips. Just browsing this forum to get an idea of other people's ideal weights for the same height. I've tried to find some celebrities I thought looked good around this height and usually they are around 120 pounds if their weights are published.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    After doing WW and reaching goal (I'm 5'7") 153 was my lowest weight and looking back in pics I looked good in clothes, but not so much underneath so my goal right now is to get back to 160 (my wedding weight) and ultimately 153 again and see what I think. The # doesn't matter so much to me so long as I'm able to get strong, gain muscle and feel good and look good.
  • kthurlow
    Options
    my goal is 125 since I'm only 19. But I'm 135 right now and finding it really hard to lose 10 lbs
  • kthurlow
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I can't figure out the right way to go about losing weight :/
  • ksself
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and mine is 143. I am about 10lbs away and feeling better than I have in a while so when I get there I'll see.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 150, but would like to get down to 133 and then start lifting weights to get back up to 140-something but with muscle this time!
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    Im currently 144 at 5ft7. My goal is 135 but im finding it impossible to move below 142. I used to be 136 and athletic. a size UK8/10 but now i dont work out enough and am consequently a size 12.. needing a kick up the backside to get back in shape!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    5'7" 45 y/o aiming for lower 150s ( then we will see! I think 140-45 would be fabulous, but it is still a ways off!
    I started this journey at 180+ and am currently at about 163....what a ride!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!