5'7 Goal Weight

Replies

• GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Im aiming for 120-123 and athletically toned

According to your picture u look very skinny already. Why would u want to lose more?

If this was for me- I have those few rolls and all to lose. If I tone more and maintain current weight I'll be happy- I do have that extra fat to lose to see any toned muscles underneath- want to take the "ice layer" off lol
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    I'm 5'7 and aiming for 140.

Realised I was putting on a lot of weight when I reached my highest weight ever of 167. That may not seem big to some but as someone who never had to try to stay in a healthy place it was a shock to me. Damn metabolism slowing down :D

I'm 152 atm. As well as aiming for 140 I really need to work at reducing the body fat. It was at 36% when I got checked at the gym. Personal Trainer wants it down to 18%, at 140, so we'll see how that goes!

I'd prefer to be heavier and toned, than aim too low weight wise for me.
  • Cool.. I'm 165 right now.. and want to get in the 130s.. everyone thinks I am insane for wanting to be that weight..

I get the same response and my goal weight is 130...I chose this weight because my weight fluctuates so much...at least if i get to 130 I have at lest 4lbs to work with..without feeling overweight.

For a 5'7" frame the weight range is 127 - 159 so anything within this range is good. When I calculated my BMI getting to 130 will put me right where I want to be... in the middle of the healthy range.
  • I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 135. I always weighed 140 at this height until I was about 25 except for a couple times when I was very extreme with working out or taking dangerous pills; then the lowest I ever got was 134, and everyone was asking me if I was eating. I look very thin at 135. I guess I would be quite happy to be 140 again...heck, after seven years of being above 150, I will be absolutely AMAZED when I hit 150! Seems unbelievable that it will ever happen!
  • lindz625
    lindz625 Posts: 30 Member
    My ultimate goal is somewhere between 135 and 140, but for now I just want to get back down to 150.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I set my goal at 140, but I'm not sure - 145 may be better. I'll have to re-evaluate when I get there.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    5'7" 121 127 134 140 146 153 159
    Those are healthy BMI's for 5'7", 121 is a BMI of 19(low end of normal) 159 is a BMI of 25 (Highest end of normal)
    Anyone who tells you they are less than that and healthy is incorrect.
    Also after seeing a nutritionist he told me that a BMI of 22 or 23 are the absolute best to avoid health issues like Heart disease.
    So for the optimal health at 5'7" would be 140-146. This however does not take into account body frame so its not exactr but pretty close.
    If you look up BMI charts online they very a few lbs each way but somewhere in that range would be appropriate I imagine.
    Hope this healps :-)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    135lb for me but i still have jello legs at 138lb, so i am trying to tone and build that area, I dont want to be skinny and i want to have boobs so i cant go to much under 130lb. I have been that weight and wasnt happy.
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    I'm almost 5'8" and I shooting for 142, however I have been as low as 118 and really liked the way I looked. With age and children I don't think it's realistic for me to get back down that low again.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    5'7" 121 127 134 140 146 153 159
    Those are healthy BMI's for 5'7", 121 is a BMI of 19(low end of normal) 159 is a BMI of 25 (Highest end of normal)
    Anyone who tells you they are less than that and healthy is incorrect.
    Also after seeing a nutritionist he told me that a BMI of 22 or 23 are the absolute best to avoid health issues like Heart disease.
    So for the optimal health at 5'7" would be 140-146. This however does not take into account body frame so its not exactr but pretty close.
    If you look up BMI charts online they very a few lbs each way but somewhere in that range would be appropriate I imagine.
    Hope this healps :-)

BMI is a very rough estimate at best. Everyone is different. You can't assign a narrow range like 140-146 and definitively say that everyone should shoot for that. Completely unrealistic.
  • I want to be 145 to 150.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    5ft 11ins goal 230lbs at 5%bf have allowed myself 4yrs to complete this lol
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is an athletic 140 pounds. If I go lower than that, I don't look so healthy. It's very hard for me to get below 145. I'm getting there slowly but surely.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    My original goal was 170 but I've decided to shoot for 165 to be almost healthy bmi. I have a fairly large frame and am always going to have a big bust so I believe that will look healthy on me :) When I get there, yeah when not if, I will see if I think smalled will look better.. Otherwise 165 forever baby :)
    Shoot for the number you think you need to be at but never be unrealistic and always do it healthy :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    I was 180 pre-pregnancy 3 years ago and I looked ok, but still overweight. I would like to see 140 and then go from there. I have a medium build frame and carry my weight mainly on my belly and thighs. I have never been that weight in my adult life so I'm really excited about getting there.
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    I'm 5'8" and I'm aiming for a realistic goal weight of 145, but my dream goal weight is 135. Good luck !! If you could use some support on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Im 5'7 and my goal is 145. I am definitely large-framed and athletic, and I want to fit into a size 8, so if 145 gets me there Ill be happy I think :)
  • According to Jillian Michaels I should aim for 160, I saw a weight loss doc who told me 200 would be a good goal for me! I'm far away from both these goals so I'll focus on getting somewhere in the middle, when I was in high school I weighed around 175 and that was my smallest I was in a 10. I look like 30lbs smaller than I actually weigh! I too have big boobs and a large frame. Right now I'm in a 16 and have no idea what size I would wear if I actually hit either goal!
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    I haven't been there before but I think 150lbs would be a good place for me. I dream of this day. Maybe I'll want more when I am there-who knows. 29lbs to go.
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Same for me! I have had 2 kids and It is different for everyone. I think I have more of a med bone structure and 155-160 will look good on me and it's within a healthy BMI. I am only 20-25 pounds away!!!! I am wanting to be a comfortable size 8.
    I'm 5'7" and for me, 155-160 looks really healthy for me. I was there about a year ago and it's my goal weight again.

I do have a decent amount of muscle build, so for me 160 still gives me my woman curves (the best ones :) and I'm very very healthy & fit.

It's different for everyone, so just aim for what would seem comfortable for you.

Cheers! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!