30 Day Shred ... Starting Sunday/Monday, Oct 9/10 ....

Options
I'm starting the 30 Day Shred next week. I previously joined a group, but am now 10 days behind due to catching a really bad cold/flu. So, now that my energy levels are back up and I'm feeling better, I'm ready to start the 30 Day Shred again and make it thru to the end which will actually go into the beginning of the second week in November. Just in time to be in shape before Thanksgiving!! *gobble-gobble*

If anyone is interested in joining me, please let me know. I'll be updating my progress on here, but also track statistics on a spreadsheet and will include measurements/weight at Day 1, Day 11, Day 21 and finally Day 30.

Whether you like to start your week's routines on Sunday or Monday or even mid-week, please join in. It's always easier to stay motivated in a new exercise routine if you have others taking on the same challenge as you.

So, if you're ready to start, weigh and measure yourself this weekend. The measurements I usually track are neck, bust, chest (below bra), waist, hips, thighs, calves, biceps and forearms. For the 30-day shred, I'm actually tracking both the left and right side of arms & legs as opposed to just one side to get a more accurate account of inch-loss. Oh, and of course, don't forget pictures!

I'm excited to start, especially after seeing so many before & after pics of people who have completed it. I'm hoping to definitely be one of the success stories on here, so let's do it!!!

Replies

• mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!! Let's Do This!!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I could use some motivation.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    IM STARTING IT THEN TOO WE CAN SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    :-( I just started yesterday! Today is my day 2...Good luck! The before and after pics sure helped me decide to take on the 30ds too!
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    I started today :( Could I still join in?? I'll just finish a couple of days before you?? x
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I was up to day 5 level 2, but haven't done any for 2 weeks ... went on vacation and fell off the wagon. I figured I should start Level 1 again... so this would be a good time!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I want to be friends because I "lose" people on this thing! I've lost 10 with 30 to go and I've plateaud at 10...I know part of the reason why and I am working on that. :laugh: Life is bizzy.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    mikioi - birdie0929 - ShannanLaNae: Great! If you would like for me to track your measurements/weight, just get them to me over the weekend or early next week. I'll create a spreadsheet and have it all tracked so we can see how well each is progressing.

hrobinson416 - No problem. If you'd like to join us, feel free. You can just give us a little insight as to what we're up against since you'll be experiencing the soreness and challenge of the different levels a few days before the rest of us. If you want me to track your information, I can add it to spreadsheet. I'll be tracking it by Days as opposed to a concrete "date". So your Day 1 and Day 10, etc.. will be the same as others, you'll just reach it before the rest of us do.
  • Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!! I'll probably do my first day Sunday because I have to buy the DVD. Do you know if you're supposed to just do the video or if you can do other exercise too.. like extra cardio (running, biking)?
    Also, should we post our "before" measurements/weight? Or maybe just wait for the results haha :-p
  • jsolor9841
    Options
    What is the 30 DAy Shred sounds like just what I need
  • wolffs05
    wolffs05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I am going to start the 30 day shred with weights
  • Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome idea about the spreadsheet! We could update every week maybe?
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    honestly, i started a month ago and am only now on level 2, day 2. after the first day, i literally couldn't walk for 3 days so i don't know how all these people do it for 30 days straight!? i do know this - i was at a plateau for almost 3 months - not gaining or losing - and after a few shred workouts, i lost 3 pounds! coincidence??? good luck to you all. i think i'll stick to doing it once a week...
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    I have the DVD and would love to join
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Lelafin - If you can fit in more exercise, it's just all the better in the long run. I'm always on a time-crunch, so 30min a night is about all i can fit into my schedule at this point. Yes, I was planning on tracking on Day 1, Day 11 (at start of Level 2), Day 22 (at start of Level 3) and then probably Day 30 or 31 after videos are done.

jwil1231 - cjack19 - Kia148 - wolffs05 - jsolor9841: Welcome!

NiennaMarie - Yes, I was just telling hrobinson416 that we can still track you even though your start date is ahead of ours since I'll be tracking on spreadsheet by Day 1, Day 11, etc... as opposed to calendar dates.
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I'm new-ish here, so not sure what it means to join a group. Let me knwo and count me in. :happy:
  • xhaller
    xhaller Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    jsolor9841 - Here's a short video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJcM93v9AY
    You can purchase video at hastings, walmart, etc....

brk_1982 - All you have to do is just post your results, suggestions, struggles here and join in keeping each other motivated. I'll be keeping a spreadsheet of measurements and weight for those that want to submit their stats to me. This way we can see how each other is doing and by seeing others progress is a great way to stay motivated and continue the challenge.

jmhunter84 - Welcome!!

dsckrc - I was sore after day 2 and I wonder how I'll keep going for 30 days, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. I have problems with my knee, so I discovered that I had to modify some of the exercises as to not aggravate it as much.
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    Just what I need to keep me motivated! Ok then, so I started today and my starting measurments -
    Weight - 186 pounds
    Neck - 14
    Bust - 40.5
    Chest - 36
    Hips - 42.5
    R. Thigh - 25
    L. Thigh - 24.5
    R. Calf - 16
    L. Calf - 16
    R. Bicep - 13
    L. Bicep - 14
    R. Forearm - 10.5