What to do with Cottage Cheese..

Options
1235»

Replies

• tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I add white vinegar, salt and pepper...delicious! I can't imagine eating it with fruit or anything else sweet though.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love it!! I add pineapple, a little bit of sweetner, cinnamon and 1 t. of crushed almonds. Yummmmm!!!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese with sunflower seeds... a little salt and a little crunch..nummo
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    As soon as I saw the title of this thread, my initial thought was "Throw it in the garbage!!" but that isn't very helpful so... anyways... :tongue:
  • rconkling
    Options
    Today I had cottage cheese for lunch and I added tuna and tomatoes. Sometimes for fun I add mango salsa to my cottage cheese.
  • IMNVS
    IMNVS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    add a little pepper, a lot of dill and fill in the celery sticks. Very tasty
  • tinagonzal
    Options
    Not crazy about it but I know is good for you so I mix it with yogurt (fat free or low fat). Good way to get your dairy.
    Not sure if you've see the little tubs that have cottage cheese and something that looks like jelly or jam....way too sweet!
    But you can add some sugar free preserves. It adds a little sweetness--cottage ch/yogurt is my favorite though.
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like it with sliced tomatoes and green onions and a little salt.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i get half a cup-probably about 80 calories and then a small lite yogurt that is about 80 calories and it's great mixed up!
    It turns into a lot of food and it's good, quick, filling. Plus, if I don't want to eat it all then, I save some of it to eat later..still within my calories. I wasn't a cottage cheese eater before and now I really like it.
  • karencharron
    karencharron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add fat free yogurt of any type. It is really good. Fruit yogurt works best
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Options
    I've been using it as a salad dressing with a splash of FF Italian dressing. It's great.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Add a little bit of cinnamon for a breakdast dish, some fruit too if you want
  • Fit_Britt
    Fit_Britt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's good in baked spaghetti and healthy Mac and cheese :)
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese every day, twice a day! My new favourite mix is canned peaches (in water)! Before that it was yogurt! yum! I love cottage cheese!
  • Ballard12
    Ballard12 Posts: 109
    Options
    Bump
  • tb1006
    tb1006 Posts: 19
    Options
    bump
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I add some blueberries or mixed berries, some cinnamon and a packet of Splenda...luv, luv it.