Sexy in Six R2 *closed group* Wk 2

Options

Replies

• peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping we'll have our Monday post up soon guys....

In the meantime, please give a warm welcome to our new Team Black member, MaManeenCal !!! :flowerforyou:
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! Love the 10 mile challenge!! I am doing another Leslie Sansone challenge

I love her, especially for a high-sweat / low-impact workout. Maybe I'll do one of her walks tonight...it's been awhile.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    A big welcome to both sarahkatara and MaManeenCal...even though you are on opposing teams and Blue Team will take you down (hehehe). I hope you enjoy this group as much as I have been this past week :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! Love the 10 mile challenge!! I am doing another Leslie Sansone challenge

I love her, especially for a high-sweat / low-impact workout. Maybe I'll do one of her walks tonight...it's been awhile.

We have a group at our church that does Walking Away the Pounds and they love it! I unfortunately can't attend as it is during the day when I work, but those that are involved are really enjoying it :smile:
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD? I'm off to bed soon!!!!!

So, a propos of nothing at all - how is everyone's day going? I have walked 1.2 miles, so slightly under for the needed two a day...... Just about inside my calorie limit for the second day.

But very, very tired....... x
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles today :) I woke up SO nauseated this morning, I was irked bc I didn't wanna be sick AGAIN, but it went pretty quickly. Feels good, and I'm ready to KICK this week's *kitten*!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    I know.... need QOTD soonest. I am so out of it today thinking about calling it quits early today at work!!

I will go for Zumba class at 5:30 and find the strength somewhere to do at least 2 miles before the end of the day!! Wish i had seen the challenge this morning and I would have recorded my stationary bike and elliptical work out!! well- 0 to 10 miles. Here I come
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    hey 160 pound girl - it's not 10 miles a day!!!!
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    Congrats everybody!!! I'm gonna to better next weigh-in, I promise Black Team! I initially had a 1 pound loss, then TOM came around and ruined it! LOL! Kind of bummed out there's no QOTD... maybe we should have a back-up person just in case this happens again? Btw, Peanut, I love the chart! It looks awesome! WAY more motivating to see it all out like that!

and welcome to the Black Team MaManeenCal!!! Hope you enjoy the challenge! I know I do!
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    whoohoo I get question of the week!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Attention TEAM YELLOW!

I decided to ride my bike today but Florida's tempermental weather was having none of it. So I walked to my apartment's gym area and sat my butt down on the stationary bike. 1 hour later and 12.5 miles (that's right, 12.5 miles!) later, I'd burned 528 calories and killed this week's challenge. Anything now is OVER GOAL! :D
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome MaManeenCa, your going to love it here. Guess I'll be back later for Monday's question, going to the in laws for a late Thanksgiving day supper. On the plus side I've done a 3 mile walk so far today. I've been making grape jelly all day, I picked my grapes.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Attention TEAM YELLOW!

I decided to ride my bike today but Florida's tempermental weather was having none of it. So I walked to my apartment's gym area and sat my butt down on the stationary bike. 1 hour later and 12.5 miles (that's right, 12.5 miles!) later, I'd burned 528 calories and killed this week's challenge. Anything now is OVER GOAL! :D

Awesome job
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    lol@arcticbear!!! Did you see what sarahkatara did? Its on baby!!! (:smile: ).

I will do well if i do a mile a day- but I am determined to have my name highlighted next go around!!!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Ouch. My hubby had to have his knee operated on because of a meniscus tear, just look after yourself TORIEELIZABETH :smile:

=) I'm trying. My orthopedic dr wanted me to have surgery last winter, but also gave me the option of physical therapy. Physical therapy made it better, but of course didnt fix the underlying issue. I'm feeling a lot better on it today, so I pushed 3 miles walking on the treadmill/ the elliptical. Hopefully I w on't regret that..
  • peanut613
    Options
    Guys, I am SOOOOO SORRY you all are only just now getting a question. TanyaPearce posted it on a seperate thread. So I am posting it here for everyone to answer. (And for those who are in other countries and it's already nearing midnight, I'm super sorry to you!)

MONDAY QOTD: What tips can you provide to help stay on track when life get's hectic?
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Attention TEAM YELLOW!

Awesome job

THANK YOU!
  • peanut613
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: What tips can you provide to help stay on track when life get's hectic?
    I try to take advantage of the spare time when it happens. My life is generally not super hectic (in comparison to most people!) since I stay home with my daughter all day. Even when I have a lot of cleaning of company coming or whatever, my daughter still takes naps. Naps are god's gifts to moms! I use that hour or two as my chance to work out, clean, take a nap of my own, whatever is hard to do with a busy 2 year old!

Also, pre-planning meals is the best advice I can give people who are busy. On the weekend, I take time to look through sale ads and plan dinners around the sales and my coupons. Then I get all my shopping done Saturday or Sunday so there's no last minute trips to the grocery store, there's no staring into my freezer at rock hard chicken breasts and wondering what to get. By planning ahead, I can make sure I watch my budget, I can pull frozen meat out to thaw on time, I know I'm eating healthy meals, and most importantly: I'm not getting fast food because I can't decide what else to make!
  • sarahkatara
    Options

Mine include:

Always preplan. Pack lunches for the work week on the weekend. It only takes an hour or two and makes it possible to stay on track during the even more hectic work week.

Have easy stuff on hand for back-up meals in case cooking can't happen. Beans and brown rice are a great go-to. Deli meats bought in bulk and frozen in pound or 1/2 pound bags and take down as needed.

Cook enough for leftovers. And eat them!

Even if you run in place or do jumping jacks or take a quick walk on a break from work, MOVE at least once a day. 10 minutes is all it has to be! Even if you don't burn a lot of calories, you are staying in the habit of moving your body which is the most imporant thing.

Log on here at least once! Just really quick. Add your calories in, even if you've had to jot what you eat down on a piece of paper throughout the day to refer back to, and then call it a day! Most importantly, don't beat yourself up if it's over your goal. Start new the next day and be proud that you kept good habits going on a rough day.

Hope these help a little!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm so excited to start this challenge and give and get support. Let's do this, Team Yellow! We got this! :happy:

Welcome Sarah, Nice to have you on our team!! =)