Sexy in Six R2 *closed group* Wk 2

Options

Replies

• jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, are you ready for day three!!

Ummmm, YEAH! Keep it moving Team YELLOW!!! we got this, hands down :wink:

yay TEAM YELLOW!!!! we got this!!!

Love Team Yellow's competitive streak. Walked/ lightly jogged a 5K this morning
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, are you ready for day three!!

Ummmm, YEAH! Keep it moving Team YELLOW!!! we got this, hands down :wink:

yay TEAM YELLOW!!!! we got this!!!

Yellow Team may got it, but Blue Team's gonna take it

hehehe ;)
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    is there a question of a the day?!?!?! i'm going to be out all the rest of this aft/evening entertaining a friend from town and i don't think i'm going to have time to get on here :(:(
  • suemar74
    Options
    I just sent her a text...I think today is one of her back-to-back class days. Give me a sec...
  • suemar74
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD (for TORIEELIZABETH)

How do you motivate yourself to work out when you have a busy schedule?
  • suemar74
    Options

I know me, if I don't work out, I will slip into a world of excuses for not exercising that can last months. And then I remind myself that I can always make time for the smoking hot bod I will end up with.

And then I remind myself that I can't let Yellow Team win. Hehehe :laugh:
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options

sorry guys I had class from 8:30 to 2:30 straight, and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down, therefore the content of my question of the day, LOl, because I now get 1.5 hours to do homework, and then I'm off to work 5to 10. Sigh, so my awesome aunt texted me and uploaded it for everyone. Clearly I have no answer to the question because I can never find time to exercise, so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That's one that I struggle with too! If the day gets too busy or I'm tired, then the workout is the first thing to suffer :noway: I just need to go to bed earlier so I can get up early enough to work out before work, regardless of where my workday is going to lead me ( I either am in my home office ... workouts usually are fit in) or I travel anywhere from 1 to 3 hours round trip in a day.. workouts tend to suffer on those days)
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

For me my best work outs are done during my hour lunch. I will change and go to the track and jog and also try to do other workouts. On my weekend off - I get up early and leave the kiddies with my hubbie and I go work out at least an hour in the gym or I do my work outs at home. It is very hard but my mind is made up to lose the weight..
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I do two things: one, set my alarm early and go to the gym at 5:15 am so I get it done before I go to work and two, bring my work-out clothes with me to work. Today, I slept in (until 6...) and ran during lunch even though I'm busy at work and didn't want to. And since I work with only men and they don't care what I look like, I don't care that I come back red and sweaty with my hair all over the place.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I've gone 23 miles this week so far. :) Go team yellow!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

My dogs are my kids and a priority, so even when I am really busy, I try to at least walk them around the block (1.5 miles) because I know they need the exercise just as much as I do. Also, if that isn't an option, I will workout while watching TV - treadmill or a combination of jumping jacks, squats, situps, pushups, light weights, etc.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    wednesday QOTD: work outs

If I dont feel like working out I think I'd Rather Be Thinner! and I give myself NO CHOICE, get up and do something!!!

I have been one of those sick people that really look forward to my runs, so I was going afterwork, now I stalk the weather channel to make sure I get it in before it rains! (I can't believe I've turned into this!!! Thanks MFP!!!) i have been trying to get a 20 minute dog walk and a 2.5 mile run in first thing in the morning so that if I dont have a chance later in the day I dont have to feel bad about it. I have a pretty physical job (I'm a horse trainer) so if I ride more than 4 horses in a day I dont usually do any more exercise!

:)
    L
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD

My motivation is my kids, I had my last 2 later in life so that means when my youngest turns 20 I'll be 60 (yuck). So I better be around for a long time to come. I try to squeeze in my workouts when ever I can, which might mean doing something at 5 AM after the baby goes back to bed or doing jumping jacks at Midnight. I refuse to let a day go by where I do not get my work out in, I'm doing this for me.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options

This is a great question. I have only recently begun forcing myself to workout even when I'm busy. My motivation so far has been:
    1. i KNOW i'll feel badly if i don't and i KNOW that i'll feel wonderful if i do!

2. My fiancee- he helps keep me accountable not because he's riding my *kitten* to do my workouts but because whenever i'm in the middle of doing my floor exercises or stretching and i'm sweating my *kitten* off, he walks up to my and gives me a quick kiss and says, "i'm so proud of you baby, keep going." HUGE boost!

3. I personally prefer working out at night when i go home. I am NOT a morning person. I'm not a mom or anything but i do realize many of you are and that makes you busy to the nth degree! I realize sometimes nighttime is the only time a mom gets time alone. So in my mind, working out at night and taking that nice long, relaxing hot shower afterwards is my little reward for a job well done. Then i get to climb into bed with my fiancee and enjoy a night with him (even if it's for an hour before we pass out!) knowing that I don't have to wake up a half hour earlier than normal to shower and, even better, i don't have to wake up an hour earlier to fit my workout in.

4. I allow for mistakes- if i can't force myself to do a half hour or an hour, i still can handle 10 or 15 minutes. I'll sometimes cut down the length of time but i know i still did what i needed to keep the good habits up. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing.

5. I'm beginning to think that me and the fiancee are taking a cruise around february next year. i want to look soooooooo good!!!! i've never been on the beach or at a pool where i was "at my best" and felt like flaunting it. I want to be able to do that! vain? maybe. great motivator? totally :wink:
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: How do you motivate yourself to work out when you have a busy schedule?

Usually the only thing that works is to think about dessert. I like to have a sweet bite in the evenings while I watch tv and whatnot, so a lot of times I know I need to work out if I want my treat. So I try to work out during the baby's nap because otherwise I'm stuck waiting til after 8pm.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    wednesday QOTD: work outs

If I dont feel like working out I think I'd Rather Be Thinner! and I give myself NO CHOICE, get up and do something!!!

I have been one of those sick people that really look forward to my runs, so I was going afterwork, now I stalk the weather channel to make sure I get it in before it rains! (I can't believe I've turned into this!!! Thanks MFP!!!) i have been trying to get a 20 minute dog walk and a 2.5 mile run in first thing in the morning so that if I dont have a chance later in the day I dont have to feel bad about it. I have a pretty physical job (I'm a horse trainer) so if I ride more than 4 horses in a day I dont usually do any more exercise!

"If I dont feel like working out I think I'd Rather Be Thinner! and I give myself NO CHOICE, get up and do something!!!"

COULDN'T AGREE MORE! it's a powerful thought if you want it badly enough. I'm trying to change my thought process from just concentrating on the number to health and happiness too so i try and throw a, "AND it will help you be in a better mood!" (i'm bipolar and exercise and eating right are, besides medication, two of the most important things to regulate my moods. I always feel a million times better when i'm eating right and exercising regularly. That's why i love MFP. It's keeping me focused!)

• sarahkatara
    Options

sorry guys I had class from 8:30 to 2:30 straight, and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down, therefore the content of my question of the day, LOl, because I now get 1.5 hours to do homework, and then I'm off to work 5to 10. Sigh, so my awesome aunt texted me and uploaded it for everyone. Clearly I have no answer to the question because I can never find time to exercise, so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say!

Try a stationary bike or an elliptical machine- something you can read on while working out. I brought a novel with me a few days ago to do the stationary bike and read like, a quarter of my novel! bring you text book and do some reading there ;)
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try simply to use the stairs instead of the lift, walk instead of drive, run instead of walk (IF no one is looking....). I am afraid to join a gym. I keep on at the 50 abdominal crunches from a previous challenge, but basically this is a hard one for me......

Also, but separately, team yellow - I love the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!! Tell me how!!!!!
  • anettabon
    anettabon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    QOTD: How do you motivate yourself to work out when you have a busy schedule?

I try to schedule with a group of people so that I can be held accountable. Failed on that today, but will work out tomorrow!