Young boys pressured to be masculine- what do you think?

Options
123457»

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I think chick sounds tacky and demeaning. But then I get the rage when strange men call me "love" too. It's over familiar. Nicknames are for people who know me well, not random men in the street.

If "chick" is demeaning, I can't imagine how you'd feel about names that are actualy demeaning.

Mostly violent.

It's usually the context and tone of voice when the word is used that implies insult. I HATED one teacher I had in middle school who demeaned girls and constantly used the phrase "you throw like a girl". Yeah, and I can kick you where it counts like a girl can, too. Wanna try it? Ladies do not start fights, but we can finish them.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's usually the context and tone of voice when the word is used that implies insult. I HATED one teacher I had in middle school who demeaned girls and constantly used the phrase "you throw like a girl". Yeah, and I can kick you where it counts like a girl can, too. Wanna try it? Ladies do not start fights, but we can finish them.

And I hate it when women jump to conclusions about what men want, are, and act like. Know what I do about it?

Suck it up and act like a grown up.