women wityh tats

Options

Replies

• OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos and I have13 myself and am thinking about a sleeve. I do have to be careful as to where they are as they need to be covered for work. I would hate to start a fight in a juvenile facility because of tattoos (yes it happens).
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    I have four and two can be covered while i am at work. Even the ones that i have that show, most people wouldnt even notice them unless they are looking, they are on the inside of my wrists. I have gotten the usual, "you dont look like someone who would have tattoos" I love them & am definitely planning on getting more.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    tats are like bumper stickers... they inspire some, offend some, but in the end, its your car
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I dont think they're any different from anyone else

I only have one (atm, cuz im broke, I have several in mind) the one I have is my dogs exact paw print- I put his paw in ink and onto paper then handed the paper to the artist. I got it done his third birthday (hes five now).

I plan on getting ferret paws, and a yellow bird on my shoulder blade- but not a regular bird. My brothers wife is a graphic desginer and shes putting it together of different parts between real yellow birds and mythical ones. Its got kinda a long explination for the symbolism behind it but to shorten it i guess I could say... when my fiancee was in his country there was a time that he thought he wasnt coming back, my parents had kicked me out but we were on speaking terms again and they didnt want me going down there (wouldnt help me fill out the info for my pass port) and made a lot of drama. My fiancee broke up with me because he thought I was playing mind games with him. I felt abandoned/wronged/alone because of everything surrounding him, my family, AND my best friend had stopped talking to me, at the same time. My life was a mess, I lived in my car for a while and finally found a place, the place didnt let me have my dog so I could only see him on weekends and some evenings when I could get out to my uncle's farm.. I was just messed up all around, especially with out my dog. Then one night I was listening to Bright Eyes (Poison Oak) and something just clicked. When he was talking about his brother being the yellow bird that he'd been waiting for.. the yellow bird meaning unconditional love- someone who would always be there, etc. etc. and to me, at that time- I was my yellow bird. I was the only person that I could actually count on. Things have changed 360 degrees since then but I still plan on getting the yellow bird.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My husband has four tattoos, one he wants to get covered with something else, and I've been thinking about getting one to represent the meanings behind my children's names. I've been messing around with drawing different things to symbolize it, and want to do paintings of their symbols for each of them to keep, as well. I will have it placed where it will hurt the least. Suggestions are welcome. :-P
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I only have one (atm, cuz im broke, I have several in mind) the one I have is my dogs exact paw print- I put his paw in ink and onto paper then handed the paper to the artist. I got it done his third birthday (hes five now).

I TOTALLY JUST GOT THIS DONE FOR MY DELILAH'S 3rd birthday *Halloween*
    My tattooist looked at me and was like you want your cat's paw print where? I was like no.. she's a dog.. lol
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    My husband has four tattoos, one he wants to get covered with something else, and I've been thinking about getting one to represent the meanings behind my children's names. I've been messing around with drawing different things to symbolize it, and want to do paintings of their symbols for each of them to keep, as well. I will have it placed where it will hurt the least. Suggestions are welcome. :-P

I have wings on my back (my left shoulder area)
    didn't hurt much there.. My wrist didn't hurt..
    Leg KILLED only when he went over my shin..
    AND my foot.. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get it on your foot..
    I keep telling everyone the day I give birth is gonna be nothing cause I have a foot tattoo hahaha
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    AND my foot.. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get it on your foot..
    I keep telling everyone the day I give birth is gonna be nothing cause I have a foot tattoo hahaha

Yeah.... Keep telling yourself that. Lol
    Thanks for the tip, now to get the money to ink it up.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    So much on here about hiding a tattoo...why? IMO they are sexy on a woman when done right.

But seriously, WHY hide them? Are you scared to be the rebel your family doesnt know you want to be? Are thinking that "****, I might lose my job?"

Why get art done just to hide it? I dont get it....truly. It's like buying that $50K car just to put it in garage and never drive it.

Because sometimes you have to take into account what other people might think and respect their ignorance. I know that sounds dumb. People make snap judgments, and sometimes you have to let them see YOU before they are blinded by your exterior.

I work in a hospital and have patients and family members who I do not want making snap judgments about the kind of care I give, so I am discreet. I don't go out of my way, if I need to roll up my sleeve, and they see it, oh well - but I am discreet until they've made their judgment based on who I am.

Just because you have tattoos doesn't mean you have to run around screaming, "this is me and screw you if you don't like me!" we can be respectful in certain situations just like everyone else.

this, also highly visible tattoos would affect my employment chances & feeding my family comes before any point I might like to make :smile:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    But seriously, WHY hide them? Are you scared to be the rebel your family doesnt know you want to be? Are thinking that "****, I might lose my job?"

Why get art done just to hide it? I dont get it....truly. It's like buying that $50K car just to put it in garage and never drive it.

I was never concerned with hiding them before, I just got tattoos placed where I wanted them. I never pictured myself in a typical office job though. When I interviewed for this position, I was a little concerned that I might need to "hide" my tattoo- so I covered it with long sleeves (easy to do in January!) until I got a feel for the environment.

There are some people in the hospital administration who frown heavily on tattoos, luckily my boss isn't one of them. As long as there are no negative results from my own boss, I really don't care what anyone else thinks.
  • Briteblu
    Options
    I love tattoos and piercings! I believe to each his own. I have 1 small one on each inner wrist (my cousins' initials, they were brothers and have passed away), 1 small one on my lower back (yes, the dreaded tramp stamp lol. it was my 1st), and I have a large back piece in progress (runs from the top of of my left shoulder blade and it will go down to my left hip and butt).. I had to stop my sessions when I found out I was pregnant and since then money has been a little bit of a speed bump so just do a little at a time when I can. Can't wait to finish it though! And I will get 1 for my son sometime, just not sure what it is going to be yet, so thought it was best I wait til I do lol!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I love piercings. But with my current job I cant have facial piercing :( I had my nose but had to take it out, I want my nose done again and when I find another job I want my eyebrow and side lip done also. I have a naval piercing and one more. Ihave no tattos but I do want to get corset bows down the back of my thighs and my hubby's name in chinese on my lower stomach. he has two on his right arm, a black and green natical star on his wrist and his name in tribal on the top of his arm ( he was 16 when he got it) he wants to either add to it or cover it up. I think tattoos are fine on anyone as long as it isnt something stupid. My mom has a lot, a lower back of a buterfly and tribels with all of her kids initails above it, 2 on the top of her arm 1 on the top of her back and one on her chest and one on her ankle and i think she wants more. my dad also has alot too many to count but most of them mean something,some are just something he drew when he was bored, he has my moms name on his chest and ring finger and my sister's and mine on either wrist. I think tattos run in my family I am the only one that doesnt have one yet.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    tats are like bumper stickers... they inspire some, offend some, but in the end, its your car

LOL! Love it.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I love tattoos and piercings! I believe to each his own. I have 1 small one on each inner wrist (my cousins' initials, they were brothers and have passed away), 1 small one on my lower back (yes, the drneaded tramp stamp lol. it was my 1st), and I have a large back piece in progress (runs from the top of of my left shoulder blade and it will go down to my left hip and butt).. I had to stop my sessions when I found out I was pregnant and since then money has been a little bit of a speed bump so just do a little at a time when I can. Can't wait to finish it though! And I will get 1 for my son sometime, just not sure what it is going to be yet, so thought it was best I wait til I do lol!

Are you making the stamp part of the larger back piece? I love the whole back look. I would love to do that, it would be so unexpected. Lol and sleeves are amazing to me. The intricacy involved or how real to life portraits can be. I've wanted to get a flowering vine wrapped around my left pinky toe, up the leg, all the way to my left ring finger.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos though i only have one so far, i have another booked in end of the year - it takes me so long to decide what to have (as it should)

my friend said to me the other day "oh but think what they'll look like when your 90" and i thought this doesnt bother me because when your 90 your tattoos will be like looking at a road map of your life!

they'll be part of the past and the past will only look ugly if you let it!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    nicely said, I don't mind if I am picking up my great, great grandkids with a bunch of tats, who the "F" cares? Lol, I love tats and I am proud, not afraid at any age, great perspective!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on both men and women, not fond of facial or small ones tbough. I love sleeves and backpieces.
    I have just one, but it's a backpiece so it's a big one. Hopefully I can finish it one day.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I always found sleeves that were well really well drawn and colored to be incredibly sexy and amazing. I wish I had the guts to get one myself.