Do you want people drooling over your profile?

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I appreciate people posting their pictures - whatever their reasons - because I find it very motivating!

I haven't posted mine because A) I'm too lazy and B) I've only lost 1 pound so far.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want someone from RL googling me and finding a semi-naked picture of me.

And that's fine, for YOU. I don't see anyone here telling you that you must. But your continued comments to or about those who have profile pictures that YOU would never post are coming across as very judgmental to or about those people. Some people just have a different reason / approach / outlook / perspective on the matter.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just wonder, looking at some people's profiles. Are you simply showing off your best bits in a being proud of you achievements way, or are you trying to look hot to the opposite sex?

If my new shoes are my 'best bits', that's a pretty sad state of affairs. :laugh:
  • rbryntes
    Options
    If my new shoes are my 'best bits', that's a pretty sad state of affairs. :laugh:

Brooks? Because those are awesome.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Im sure no one drools at my profile, but the image on my ticker...well who can blame people for drooling at the 49ers? :-)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want someone from RL googling me and finding a semi-naked picture of me.

You shouldn't post anything (semi-naked picture or not) online that can come back to you with a google search.

nod,nod,nod...
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I want my profile pic to serve as a warning
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options

And that's fine, for YOU. I don't see anyone here telling you that you must. But your continued comments to or about those who have profile pictures that YOU would never post are coming across as very judgmental to or about those people. Some people just have a different reason / approach / outlook / perspective on the matter.

OP, please read this quote EVERY DAY.
    Imho, just about every post or reply you have ever made on this site comes across as very judgemental. But if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me in the least.
    Just returning judgement. Thanks!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Yes and yes. Your socks are awesome too. What pattern is that?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    After everyone who's driven or walked past my back yard has seen me floating on a raft in my pool in my bikini, and everyone at Warrior Dash saw me running in a mini-kilt and bikini top, the very last thing I'm worried about is someone I know googling MFP.

I'm more concerned about why people would be googling me than what they'd find if they did. :laugh:
  • rbryntes
    Options

Yes and yes. Your socks are awesome too. What pattern is that?

Thanks! It's Sybaritic by Hunter Hammersen.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

You shouldn't post anything (semi-naked picture or not) online that can come back to you with a google search.

Pretty much everything online is googleable. Most forums, this one included, are open.
  • fteale
    Options

I haven't anywhere said people shouldn't post whatever pictures they want. I'm just asking what the intention is. No judgement implied.

I love the way some people manage to take EVERYTHING written online as a personal attack.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    being proud of what i worked so hard for and showing it off. if i would have someone drool over my pics or profile thats an extra compliment to me :)
  • fteale
    Options

OP, please read this quote EVERY DAY.
    Imho, just about every post or reply you have ever made on this site comes across as very judgemental. But if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me in the least.
    Just returning judgement. Thanks!

I haven't made any judgement at all. I generally don't give a toss what other people do. But it's nice to know you are defensive to the point of insult. I'll avoid commenting on anything you write in future.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If I had abs that look like some people's abs here on MFP, you'd be lucky I'd ever put on clothes.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I haven't made any judgement at all. I generally don't give a toss what other people do. But it's nice to know you are defensive to the point of insult. I'll avoid commenting on anything you write in future.

You're being disingenous. You started this topic. Everyone of your posts read along the lines of "Do you people really want to show so much skin? I'd feel like I was being trashy." If you don't think that's judgmental you don't understand the term. You can't say "Oh I really don't care what other people do" when you started the thread titled "Do you want people drooling over your profile?" Clearly it matters to you quite a bit.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

You're being disingenous. You started this topic. Everyone of your posts read along the lines of "Do you people really want to show so much skin? I'd feel like I was being trashy." If you don't think that's judgmental you don't understand the term. You can't say "Oh I really don't care what other people do" when you started the thread titled "Do you want people drooling over your profile?" Clearly it matters to you quite a bit.

I like your posts so much!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ugh negative.......................

My best assets are definately NOT on display (those are for hubby ONLY)...... and guys hitting on me here makes me want to puke.... just sayin'
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ugh negative.......................

My best assets are definately NOT on display (those are for hubby ONLY)...... and guys hitting on me here makes me want to puke.... just sayin'

... and yet your avatar is you dressed in a low cut top and a super short skirt with your leg up so you can see up it almost to your crotch?

EDIT: Person who was quoted conveniently changed her picture.