<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm usually between 1800-2000, maybe a little more. I only log Monday through Friday, and just do what I want on weekends. Counting everything that goes into my mouth drives me a bit bonkers after a while, but having two days where I don't think about it at all helps. At this stage, I'm logging just as much to make sure I'm eating enough as to make sure I'm not eating too much. And I've realized that I might be able to lose a few more pounds, but it's not going to make any great difference in my size or shape, so why struggle with it?
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm in..lol, I need a change..and was told I need to up my cals anyways..haha, as I work out a ton...as well..I'd rather eat more cals, than lessen my workout routine...haha! :wink:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Seems like a few knowledgeable ladies on here so...

I've been here since May. SW 150 CW 135. Still have fat to lose and plan on getting into more strength training during the winter months. I mostly do various forms of cardio - also doing C25K.

MFP has me set at 1250 for 1 lb/week loss (I never lose that much anyway). To maintain I would be at 1650.

At work I'm sendenatry...on my butt all day. Also add that I'm hypothyroid, so I don't think I have the speediest metabolism out there.

I :heart: to eat and would :heart: to eat more but can't fathom doing that while continuing to lose fat.

Advice would be welcomed.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    awww I want to join but I won't get to eat that much until maintenance or on workout days. on rest days I only get 1680 + whatever little walk I do. Maybe I should start a .5lb/week club?
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I am in of course! Now what? :D
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I just finished up Phase 2 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm going by the guidelines set by the book and am eating 2400 calories on my lifting days and 2100 on my "rest" or non-lifting days. I usually don't have an issue with hitting 2400 on my lifting days. I made small changes like mixing my protein powders with low fat chocolate milk instead of water, eating a serving of almonds with my apple in the afternoon or having a serving of peanut butter with a banana in the morning.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

We EAT! :happy:
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    I'm in!! I just finished up Phase 2 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm going by the guidelines set by the book and am eating 2400 calories on my lifting days and 2100 on my "rest" or non-lifting days. I usually don't have an issue with hitting 2400 on my lifting days. I made small changes like mixing my protein powders with low fat chocolate milk instead of water, eating a serving of almonds with my apple in the afternoon or having a serving of peanut butter with a banana in the morning.

Wow.. hello twin!

I started by following the NROLFW guidelines, but lowered to 2200 from 2400 (I really can't remember why) on workout days. I have considered going back to 2400 because I think I need to in order to really build muscle. How is this calorie amount working for you? In terms of weight/fat loss and muscle/strength gains?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I probably average between 2100-2200 calories a day! It has not hindered my success at all. :-)

MFP keeps trying to limit my calories as I continue to lose weight. A couple days, it tried telling me to decrease my calorie goal to 1610. Forget that!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 12 of P90x (only 2 weeks left!). I'm still debating what to do after, probably New Rules of Lifting for Women or a P90x/Insanity Hybrid. I'm currently building up a home gym so I can continue to work out at home even as I progress.

I eat a lot of greek yogurt and peanut butter. Those are probably my two favorite foods, especially when mixed together. I was a vegetarian for years and a vegan for a few months, although I recently added meat back into my diet (for health reasons), but I'm still struggling with eating meat. I would just eat vegetables all day if I could, but not really an option, so I have to work really really hard to get enough protein. Constant struggle for me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Do you like shrimp? I often sub shrimp for most of my regular recipes if I'm not in the mood for chicken AGAIN. Shrimp is low calorie and high protein!
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    Ok...I've up'd my calories! Everyone at work is on this 1000 calorie diet. I know better than this! I have been doing it for 4 weeks ( besides my vacation, of course :)) I am working out like crazy, I am tired, not sleeping well and....NOT LOSING WEIGHT! I need FOOD! Feed Me! hahahahaha!

So, I am 5'2...127lbs. I did have my goal @ 118....but really, I haven't weighed this since freshman year of high school (27 years ago) . I changed my goal weight to 122. I love strength training. My number on the scale is higher when I lift weights, but I love the way my body looks and how strong I feel! I had surgery 8 weeks ago (BA) and I have been back, hittin it at the gym for the last 3 weeks.

Are you all eating 2000 calories everyday? Or just Workout days? I am totally up for 2000 calories on my workout days ( i burn about 500-600 calories a wo). I am not sure with my size how 2000 calories will work on my off days....but if that is "the deal" I'll try it.

I'm in.

:)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I'll paste this from the other thread so I don't look like a doofus just saying, "I'm in!" ;):D

While I still am very conscious of calories and what I eat, I stopped logging my calories at the end of Sept as I think I have a pretty good handle on my body and food now. Still evaluating this freedom, I may go back to logging and counting. Anyway when I was counting and logging: my maintenance on MFP is set to 1700 and I eat all my exercise cals back (typically I burn 10-13/minute for cardio) so typically I am eating 2000 or more. On non-workout days (one, maybe 2 days/week) I don't count my calories, but definitely don't binge or take that opportunity to eat whatever the hell I want. I'm still good :)

I frickin' lovelove this thread! Makes me happy to see other healthy and fit ladies eating 2k+
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

DITTO!! haha. Basically I'd like this to be a support group. Share tips. Get to know one another. Share life struggles. Whatever. Ya know? just BE like minded, food eating, fitness heads! haha.

So, today I was on campus basically all day. I usually get a LARGE frozen yogurt...all sugar ....every single day. Today I got a small. I figured those calories would be better served in a protein shake. So I came home after that and made one :) love.

Do you guys drink protein shakes? What flavor? what brand? do you spruce it up at all?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

DITTO!! haha. Basically I'd like this to be a support group. Share tips. Get to know one another. Share life struggles. Whatever. Ya know? just BE like minded, food eating, fitness heads! haha.

So, today I was on campus basically all day. I usually get a LARGE frozen yogurt...all sugar ....every single day. Today I got a small. I figured those calories would be better served in a protein shake. So I came home after that and made one :) love.

Do you guys drink protein shakes? What flavor? what brand? do you spruce it up at all?

I drink a protein shake on my workout days...I use Meijer Brand whey powder, a frozen banana and a tbsp of PB...its a great way bump up my calories after I workout
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    Protein shakes - love them! I'm not a vegan (also not a fan of soy or whey) but I use Sunwarrior, which is a raw brown rice vegan protein. So delicious! I just got a blender bottle which is nice for quick shakes. But I also love blending it with almond milk and some sort of frozen fruit, like strawberries or blueberries, as well as peanut butter and flaxseed meal. Delicious treat! :drinker:
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What would you all recommend for someone who is way over weight? I am 214 right now and MFP has me set at 1200 calories. Do you think 2000 cal a day is only if you are close to your goal and just trying to gain muscle?

I started upping my calories when I was just over 200 because the scale stopped moving for me. Once I upped the calories the weight started coming off again, slowly but surely. It's not linear, but I haven't seen 200 in over three months.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 12 of P90x (only 2 weeks left!). I'm still debating what to do after, probably New Rules of Lifting for Women or a P90x/Insanity Hybrid. I'm currently building up a home gym so I can continue to work out at home even as I progress.

I eat a lot of greek yogurt and peanut butter. Those are probably my two favorite foods, especially when mixed together. I was a vegetarian for years and a vegan for a few months, although I recently added meat back into my diet (for health reasons), but I'm still struggling with eating meat. I would just eat vegetables all day if I could, but not really an option, so I have to work really really hard to get enough protein. Constant struggle for me.

I *really* struggle with protein - I am not a vegetarian but I just don't like meat THAT much - maybe 4 ounces a day and that's honestly all I want to eat and that doesn't get me anywhere NEAR the 140 grams i'm supposed to get (minimum). I find a can of tuna is really helpful - I use that when I get sick of protein powder (because oh god do I get sick of protein powder) and I just add some combination of mustard, lemon pepper or lemon juice, pepper, salt, mayo to it and eat it. Fish protein is a lot more palatable to me than most other meat.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Important distinction - are we talking 2000 NET? Or 2000 and not eating exercise calories back? Big difference if you're working out hours a day.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    this tread is a breath of fresh air after all the ''I am 5 foot tall so it's ok to eat 1000 calories a day''

thank you for that