<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Heck, I ate 2900 (healthy) calories today - but I'm running a half marathon on sunday, and I'm trying to get over this stupid cold before then. And the only exercise I did today (besides work) was the p90x stretch video. This is the most I've eaten in almost 6 months - feels good :) My body SERIOUSLY needed this. It's weird to think just 2 weeks ago I ran 14 miles and only ate 2700. I'm all for eating more!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    this tread is a breath of fresh air after all the ''I am 5 foot tall so it's ok to eat 1000 calories a day''

thank you for that
    yeah, that's awful awful awful thinking. can we say BINGE eating or EATING DISORDER on it's way?
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I eat an average of 2200 calories a day. I am now training for my first 5K on sunday so I'm only running the last few weeks but I was doing Zumba 2 days a week and running/walking 3 days a week (between 5-8 miles). I need to start strength training to tone up now.
    I have not lost any weight but am losing inches so I'm thrilled!! Dropped a size the last week....Yay to a "6"!!!
    So glad I decided to eat more :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    this tread is a breath of fresh air after all the ''I am 5 foot tall so it's ok to eat 1000 calories a day''

thank you for that
    yeah, that's awful awful awful thinking. can we say BINGE eating or EATING DISORDER on it's way?

I think it's a sure plan to make sure to gain the weight back.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    What would you all recommend for someone who is way over weight? I am 214 right now and MFP has me set at 1200 calories. Do you think 2000 cal a day is only if you are close to your goal and just trying to gain muscle?

I started upping my calories when I was just over 200 because the scale stopped moving for me. Once I upped the calories the weight started coming off again, slowly but surely. It's not linear, but I haven't seen 200 in over three months.

I started upping my calories (but I NEVER had them at 1200, 1200 is a miserable tiny and pathetic amount of food -- set yourself to 1lb/week and enjoy EATING) when the recommended amount from MFP started to drop below 1500 (because I had lost weight) and I started feeling tired and draggy - I was still working out every day but they were horrible pathetic workouts where I could barely get my heart rate up. AND I stopped losing. So I fiddled with the wizard until it spat out a number I liked better AND I started eating more exercise calories back and then I just set it to .5 lb/week and it spat out 1680 before exercise and I like that number a lot too! And some days I eat more because I want it and some days I don't need more. It really depends on the day, what I ate, etc etc. Like yesterday I had a ton of food for lunch but it was really low calorie because it was all sashimi and vegetables. So even with a huge piggy dinner (And ice cream!) I still didn't eat that many cals. But some days I eat more.

As far as I'm concerned the worst thing that can happen is the permanently lower BMR that most dieters get from long term calorie deficits. When you are 130 pounds you want to be able to eat like all the other 130 lb people NOT like someone 120lbs because your body has lowered your BMR. The only way you can help this is to keep your calories up and do strength training - you won't loose as fast as some of your mfpals in the BEGINNING, but it seems like you are also a lot less likely to plateau than those people ("omg i eat 1200 calories at most every day and I work out for an hour and I haven't lost weight in a month!") AND instead of feeling deprived and underfed every day you will feel great and happy and you basically just give up that extra daily cookie or you eat 1 roll at dinner instead of 3 or whatever you used to eat.

I would rather lose 1 lb per MONTH eating and being happy and maintaining or even building muscle than I would losing 8lbs a month and being grumpy and weak and tired and losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat I lose.
    Options
    just ate an oz of mozzarella and a veggie burger to up my calories to 2000+ :) LOVE EATING!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    So is this 2000 NET? Guess my question got lost.. :)
  • mushalek
    Options
    just ate an oz of mozzarella and a veggie burger to up my calories to 2000+ :) LOVE EATING!

mhmm that sounds good ! i'm having greek yogurt mixed with pudding powder ( makes an awesome fluff mousey like texture ) with cherrios and almonds got my Kcals in plus my sweet tooth :) haha
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    Bump!!!
    Options

mhmm that sounds good ! i'm having greek yogurt mixed with pudding powder ( makes an awesome fluff mousey like texture ) with cherrios and almonds got my Kcals in plus my sweet tooth :) haha

oh wow. that sounds awesome. I've never tried that. which flavor combinations do you like best?
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in too!

Servilla-I will try to answer your question. With an "active" lifestyle you would eat 2000 and NOT eat your exercise cals back. But this is all dependent on your BMR and your stats and things. There is a calculator on the www.fat2fit website. This is what I used to figure out my calories. For example: mine says to lose 0.5lb/week, I would eat 2187 for Mod active and 2434 for very active. I choose moderate because I'm about half and half for the week. So, I generally eat 2000/day unless I had a really sedentary day or an extremely active day.

So anyway, gang, happy to have found you ladies. I have a similar story to some of you. I have tried forever to eat lower cals and exercise a ton and what do you know? I was one of those girls that said "I barely eat anything and work out all day and can't lose a pound". I joined here and came across a guy toting to eat more and to check out the fat2fit website. so, I upped to 2000/day and the weight is very slowly starting to come off and I feel TONS better. I was so weak, tired, and HUNGRY all the time before and now I feel good and have energy to workout. I just would like to lose 10lbs. I am a runner and run half marathons. In training now. I also ride horses competitively (jumping) and I have NO idea how many calories I burn riding every day but it's probably more than I'm guessing. I also love hot yoga, the power kind because it helps my running, riding and back pain. I am not fond of weight lifting at all but I know that I really need too. There is just not enough hours or time off :( I did read the NROLFW a little bit and maybe will try it but I don't know how to incorporate it into all the lower body workouts that I do already. I really just need upper body. Any suggestions?

Ok...off to make dinner, yay!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Actually, I think most of the women in this thread are already my friends as I've been grabbing grab those who EAT since I've been here.

And yes, I eat 2000 NET but I don't think everyone here is doing that. I think most are talking about 2000 total and only doing 2000 on workout days. I've lost at 2000 net in the past actually, but am not terribly concerned with losing right now, so I'm not terribly upset if I go over that 2000 net from time to time.
    Options
    my net intake on this site is super low but that's because I'm 100% certain that my calorie burn is grossly overestimated. I assume that I actually burn only about 65-75% of what it estimates...so I aim for 1000-1200 burned...giving me an actual burn of somewhere around 700-900 a day.
    Options
    oh...and I eat 2100-2200 usually. Sometimes a bit less or a bit more.
  • trausch
    Options
    I want to join. I try to eat about 2200 calories a day.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification! :)
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    I love protein powder! I make shakes with blueberries or strawberries. I also love oatmeal but too "carby" for me...so now I add one scoop of either MRM or Jay Robb protein to my oatmeal and it changes the macrobiotics and sits better with me. It's any easy, low cal way to add protein to your meals...

:)
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!

I average about 2000 cals which is the most conservative I've been. I've lost weight when I averaged 2800 cals but this time around I'm reining it in a bit.

I really need the support of people who EAT!

Honestly, getting at least 2000 cals has never been a problem for me!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the cans of tuna, I eat a lot of those too. Yeah for some reason the texture of fish/shrimp is much better for me, less "chewy" than meat. Sometimes I have omelettes or hard-boiled eggs and tuna, at the same time. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous some cheese as well. ;)

I love protein powder. My favorite "recipe" is to soak oatmeal overnight in almond or soy milk with protein powder (usually chocolate, vanilla or strawberry flavors) and chia seeds, then in the morning drizzle some peanut butter and chopped almonds on top. Delicious!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    speaking of eating there is NO freaking food in my house and I did strength training today which always leaves me hungry.... should have eaten all the chicken instead of saving half for my stupid boyfriend who ALSO it turns out ate the last fig bar..... Sigh.

We have some ice cream but I already had a couple spoonfuls of that and that's generally my limit on ice cream (just not an ice cream fiend and I don't like the flavor we bought).

Whine.

we just moved into a new house so my fridge has some light sour cream (went with the baked potatoes my mom gave me monday) and some vegan butter (for the bread that came with the chicken she gave me tonight) and some bottled water. My mom makes me dinner when I go to personal training because my trainer is really close to her but she gives us an amount that is appropriate for 2 normal weight people in their 60s who are moderately active not my 230 lb 6'2" boyfriend and me after a workout.