<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I have a questions about reducing body fat.

How long would you say it'll take to reduce my body fat by 5-7%?

Here's my stats:

My goal BF is 18-20%

I'm set to lose 0.5 per week, I eat my exercise cals and I eat at least 100 grams of protein a day.

I do cardio 5x per week, strength 2x per week

Any insight will help!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest I have had a negitive net on multiple occasions or net only about 200cals I still get up the next day and work my butt off but I am loosing it too fast and I struggle with the calories needed to maintain I will just be eatting all day. Add on to this the fact I sit high on my thyroid levels and you cal see just how destructive I have been. So I have decided to loose the last 3.5kg (7.7 lbs) slowly then maintain. But as long as I am improving exercise wise I don't mind if I never hit my goal weight
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I have a questions about reducing body fat.

How long would you say it'll take to reduce my body fat by 5-7%?

Here's my stats:

My goal BF is 18-20%

I'm set to lose 0.5 per week, I eat my exercise cals and I eat at least 100 grams of protein a day.

I do cardio 5x per week, strength 2x per week

Any insight will help!
    If you lose 8 pounds of fat you'd be at 156.4 pounds. Losing 2 pounds a month, it'd take 4 months to get there.
    You would have 31 pounds of fat which is 20% body fat at 156.4 pounds.

Usually people lose fat AND muscle. Taking it slow reduces muscle loss so you can expect to lose a pound or so of muscle which would put your weight at 155.4, which is still just about 20% body fat.

If you wanted to get to 18% body fat...you'd need to lose 11 pounds of fat. Your final weight would be 153.4.

If you lost muscle along with that, say 2 pounds...you'd be at 151.4 and 18.5% body fat.
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Well at least it's still morning in Phoenix!

I have a recipe for you ladies that are needing protein but are tired of protein powder etc.. I love these.

Protein Pancakes
    5 egg whites
    1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
    1-2 tbs sliced almonds
    1 tsp flax seeds
    2 tbs raisins
    cinnamon and any sweetener you like to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes then cook in a pan with spray oil. Makes 5 pancakes usually. They cook really fast be careful.
    Cal 50 Carb 4 Fat 2 Pro 5 Sodium 49

I double the recipe because I usually eat about 3 at a time. I like them cold best. They are also really yummy with a small amount of almond butter on them!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I think I will go to Costco and pick up that powder you guys mentioned...thanks!

Thanks for the recipe! :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Well at least it's still morning in Phoenix!

I have a recipe for you ladies that are needing protein but are tired of protein powder etc.. I love these.

Protein Pancakes
    5 egg whites
    1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
    1-2 tbs sliced almonds
    1 tsp flax seeds
    2 tbs raisins
    cinnamon and any sweetener you like to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes then cook in a pan with spray oil. Makes 5 pancakes usually. They cook really fast be careful.
    Cal 50 Carb 4 Fat 2 Pro 5 Sodium 49

I double the recipe because I usually eat about 3 at a time. I like them cold best. They are also really yummy with a small amount of almond butter on them!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I think I will go to Costco and pick up that powder you guys mentioned...thanks!

Thanks for the recipe! :)

For once I actually have all the ingredients for something on mfp! Wow!
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well my Costco didn't have the protein powder you were talking about. They had some other brand that started with a C (can't remember it now) and it was 40$$ not 30$. Bummer
    Options
    I ate a lot last night. Just ate a bag of cheese its at 3am. Wow, why do I do this to myself? I've been awake for about an hour and 15 minutes. Thinking about my memo that I had to write for law school, first legal "writing" and I did so poorly that it makes me want to cry. Well, I did cry. Life problems on top of it don't see to help. Tomorrow (well today) is going to be a great day!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot last night. Just ate a bag of cheese its at 3am. Wow, why do I do this to myself? I've been awake for about an hour and 15 minutes. Thinking about my memo that I had to write for law school, first legal "writing" and I did so poorly that it makes me want to cry. Well, I did cry. Life problems on top of it don't see to help. Tomorrow (well today) is going to be a great day!

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll get better quickly, I imagine legal writing is quite difficult. :( Tomorrow will be a better day!

I had a bit of a cheat night last night on my rest day. Went out to dinner with my family and definitely ate and drank way too much. I don't normally drink and I had 3 glasses of wine, definitely didn't feel so great this morning.

Today starts week 12 of P90x for me, I can't believe I'm gonna be done in 2 weeks. I'm gonna post my after pictures in the forum somewhere. I think I've had amazing results, definitely helped by the fact that I eat a lot of food. :) I can't imagine doing these workouts without eating enough.
    Options
    scarlet...don't worry. It's 1 day. You'll be okay. Did you count calories yesterday?

Well ladies, today will be tons of schoolwork and exercise. Had a crappy weigh in, of course. I know it's jus extraulk but I still hate it.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! My starting weight in May was 152, CW 133, 5'8, 44 yrs. My workout consist of whatever I'm teaching my High School students in PE! We work out for the first 1/2 hour of class, 4 times/week. Anything from weights, sprints, hills, polyos, aerobics....etc. I also walk for 55 minutes, 4 X per week. Take Sat and Sun off. Eating goal is straight up 2000 per day! My weight stays between 133 and 135, I weight myself every single morning so that I am always aware. I have noticed when I'm sore, my weight is always higher, which I attribute to water going to those sure muscles to aid in the healing process. (My goals on MFP are still set arty 1520, because thats what they originally set me up with. I didn't go into change it because then it messes with your history, and I did lose on 1520....., so, I make note of my goal in the food notes section.(along with my daily weight). Great to be among the eaters! I do eat healthy, but I eat a yummy, decadent dessert every single night!
  • scarletleavy
    Options
    scarlet...don't worry. It's 1 day. You'll be okay. Did you count calories yesterday?

Well ladies, today will be tons of schoolwork and exercise. Had a crappy weigh in, of course. I know it's jus extraulk but I still hate it.

No, didn't count the calories. I'm not a big calorie counter anymore, it turns me into a crazy obsessed person. I did much better today. Went for a run earlier and I'm lifting tonight. Also, I ate a lot better today. :)
    Options
    Logged my workout and some of my food today:

3am snack attack: cheese its (small portion controlled bag)

Breakfast: cheese its

Breakfast 2: french toast with cream cheese and strawberries

Snack: Mini "pizza" and a protein shake, coffee

Lunch: veggie burger and steamed carrots tossed with parmesan

Snack: frozen yogurt --euro tart (70 cals per serving --1.67 servings and a couple sprinkles of something decadent --maybe oreos or something)

Snack: cocoa and a pb and j --peanuts make me itch but I don't know what else to do since I have no sandwich fillings...maybe just more french toast with jam melted on top??

Dinner: 4-5 oz salmon, brussel sprouts, and maybe a small potato
    Snack: protein shake, cocoa, crackers and cheese

~~2000 calories as of right now. might have something else in there too.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    One of my MFPeeps just mentioned there's a group for women eating over 2k/day!

OMG, I THINK I'M HOME AMONGST MY METABOLIC SISTERS IN OMNIVORIC BRONTOSAURI :P YAY!!! I'M HOME =D

I have lots of catching up to do reading-wise. I had been stalled out and even gaining on 2100 net. Went up to 2350 net 8 days ago and am already down almost 3.5lbs!!! Sadly, I am FAR too reliant on my "protein shakes" (12oz whole milk, 1 scoop generic choc. slim fast/slim rite & 1 scoop choc. GNC Total Lean 25) to meet my net. Sometimes at least 3 a day!!! I'm tempted to ask hubby to start bringing home MREs. I'm going to eat us out of house and home, lol.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    One of my MFPeeps just mentioned there's a group for women eating over 2k/day!

OMG, I THINK I'M HOME AMONGST MY METABOLIC SISTERS IN OMNIVORIC BRONTOSAURI :P YAY!!! I'M HOME =D

I have lots of catching up to do reading-wise. I had been stalled out and even gaining on 2100 net. Went up to 2350 net 8 days ago and am already down almost 3.5lbs!!! Sadly, I am FAR too reliant on my "protein shakes" (12oz whole milk, 1 scoop generic choc. slim fast/slim rite & 1 scoop choc. GNC Total Lean 25) to meet my net. Sometimes at least 3 a day!!! I'm tempted to ask hubby to start bringing home MREs. I'm going to eat us out of house and home, lol.

I had seen those in your diary and was wondering how you got 400 calorie protein shakes! Whole milk. I just put a banana in mine when I need extra calories.
    Options
    YAY! I love our group already. You guys bring me happiness. I think I need to add some more calories into my plan. I logged the plan, not even 2000 calories. only about 1600-1700 or so I think. I will find stuff to eat.

I make 1/2 protein shakes..I use 1/2 serving protein powder and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup yogurt plus milk and then maybe berries or caramel flavoring. YUM!

I try to eat every 1.5-2 hours though so I usually get all of my calories in come the snackiness!

Do you guys eat a lot of "diet" food? Like lowfat/nonfat stuff? Light products? I still find them useful because i LOVE to eat and don't feel like I have spare calories to eat stuff that's higher in fat/cals just because. Does that make sense?
  • scarletleavy
    Options
    YAY! I love our group already. You guys bring me happiness. I think I need to add some more calories into my plan. I logged the plan, not even 2000 calories. only about 1600-1700 or so I think. I will find stuff to eat.

I make 1/2 protein shakes..I use 1/2 serving protein powder and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup yogurt plus milk and then maybe berries or caramel flavoring. YUM!

I try to eat every 1.5-2 hours though so I usually get all of my calories in come the snackiness!

Do you guys eat a lot of "diet" food? Like lowfat/nonfat stuff? Light products? I still find them useful because i LOVE to eat and don't feel like I have spare calories to eat stuff that's higher in fat/cals just because. Does that make sense?

Nope, I rarely eat low fat things. I usually eat whole fat greek yogurt, but so so sad that my grocery store stopped carrying all greek yogurt. I'm gonna start looking elsewhere, but it's really difficult to find around here. So I switched to low fat plain yogurt instead and now I mix in protein powder to up the protein. I love full fat things. When I eat cheese it's definitely full fat all the way. I do drink light soy milk though, mainly because I mix it into smoothies and don't want to waste all the extra calories.

I don't eat a whole lot of processed foods so most things don't have really have a diet option. I live in rural Germany and there is almost no low-fat or diet foods, it's actually crazy. There are more choices of lard/animal fats than there are low fat yogurts.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Do you guys eat a lot of "diet" food? Like lowfat/nonfat stuff? Light products?

No, I eat "normal" foods. Full-fat cheese, beef hotdogs, steak, etc. I do drink Skim milk, and maybe light salad dressing, and definitely lighter sausage when I have that.
    Options
    I think I just have a super big appetite. I get enough fat daily but I try to make choices that allow me to eat more food.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I had seen those in your diary and was wondering how you got 400 calorie protein shakes! Whole milk. I just put a banana in mine when I need extra calories

Lol. Yup. The Total Lean's instructions say to use water. I gagged on it. Figured milk wouldn't hurt it. Ever since reading "The Fat Fallacy" & "French Women Don't Get Fat" I've been a huge supporter of full-fat dairy and macro ratios that are 30-40% fat. I'm currently at 40% carbs/40% fat/20% protein. When I did the recommended 2 scoops of Total Lean with water that crap ran straight through me. It was awful. So I subbed in the Slim Rite (Kroger's Slim Fast). When I ran into problems meeting my cals, my trainer suggested melting peanut butter into it, but I haven't been able to keep it from reconstituting in the GNC shaker and clumping. Maybe I should get the PB2 powder or whatever it is. I'm far too lazy to clean a blender each time. Those blender "wands" aren't half bad though. Bananas sound like a great idea.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Yeah, I only mix mine with water when I'm at school so I don't have to bring milk. I also mix it with coffee after my morning lifting. Yums.

Oh and yeah, I dont think bananas would work in a blender bottle. I only put them in when I'm at home with a blender.