<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Stubbysticks-Love your name! Wishing that I burn what you are while running, lol! and Dang, I would not be able to eat that much protein in a day. I shoot for 150 which is tough...so kudos!

Uh yeah, no freaking kidding. I was trying to shoot for 140 every day for a couple weeks and it made me want to freaking KILL myself. *some* days I hit that now but most days I do not. 90-110 isn't too hard for me to hit if I'm just conscientious of it (in the sense that as I choose meals I pick things I know are a little heavier in protein) but getting up to 140 every day was stressing me out and making me feel sick.

And then when I decided to stop doing it I had some kind of horrible backlash where I ate really carb heavy for like 3 days. So that was NOT for me - I hope I don't lose too much muscle but I'm now resigned to losing SOME.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick question I haven't gotten answered from looking through the threads; does Fat2Fit calculations seem to be accurate? It said I could net 2076 and still lose weight. This doesn't seem to add up to what MFP is telling me. I was hovering around 1200 calories, and after reading this thread I decided to change my goals and net at least 1440 to see where that got me. I lost 1/2lb quickly, now I'm upping to my BMR which is 1557. Finding this magic number is tricky! I'm 5'10" and 162lbs. Thanks for any input!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon, I only really listen to the podcasts on Fat2fit, their own approach made me rethink my undereating in a huge way! I think if you have Qs about their numbers maybe email them? They seem to be pretty great at answering from what I've seen. Basically their idea is that you eat at the level for your goal weight - the idea is that your bmr now and your bmr at your goal would be different so this would create your deficit. It means that you eat more food and when you come to maintenance you're not having to jack up your calories, you keep eating the same. The deficit would be small though so your weight loss would be slow.

Again this is only what I've learnt from listening to their podcasts, it's still a matter of experimenting with what works for you! I don't follow all their advice, it just one website that I enjoy. I carve my own path.

Stubbysticks - I love my Garmin!! It is seriously so cool! I used to have to come home and use mapmyrun or google maps go figure things out, now I can do it on the fly! I bought an older model (305) as it had everything I needed, I don't mind how big it is on my wrist, I reckon it makes me look hardcore!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick question I haven't gotten answered from looking through the threads; does Fat2Fit calculations seem to be accurate? It said I could net 2076 and still lose weight. This doesn't seem to add up to what MFP is telling me. I was hovering around 1200 calories, and after reading this thread I decided to change my goals and net at least 1440 to see where that got me. I lost 1/2lb quickly, now I'm upping to my BMR which is 1557. Finding this magic number is tricky! I'm 5'10" and 162lbs. Thanks for any input!

You're only a bit taller than me. I was 161 in May and am 150 now. My maintenance is somewhere around 2200-2300. I was losing a half pound a week over the summer netting around 2000 and eating my exercise calories. I'd actually recommend 1700-1800 net for you.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Fat2fit isn't talking about net calories. They take your BMR and an activity multiplier to determine calories, which figures in exercise calories on an average for the week. If you'd rather eat at the sedentary level plus exercise, that works too.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    mmm cheesecake....

Hi ladies, just a quick note from me today!!

Had a fabulous run yesterday and managed some great lifting today! Weighing each morning as I do and I'm losing about 200g a day...will wait for the weekly weigh in to assess, I just don't want to lose too fast!

Have ordered NROLFW so can't wait for that to arrive!! Would love a bodymedia thingee, but don't know where I'd get one from in NZ....plus I've recently purchased a Garmin Forerunner, new workout clothes, oodles of clothes (as mine keep falling off!!), and a new barbell, dumbbells and weight plates, so perhaps I better let hubby buy himself something special hehe ;)

Have a great day all!

Psych

When are you starting NROLFW? I ordered it about a month ago, read it through twice and I'm planning on starting next weekend. I finally finished P90x on Thursday!
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    fimm-you can change your calorie goals and macros at the top under the tab that says "goals" then hit the "custom" goal tab.

Got it, thank you.
    Why does MFP only set 15% protein, I wonder? It will be interesting to see what my eating looks like against that setting. One of the things I found when I started logging on here was that I wasn't eating enough protein. However my b/f likes his steaks, pork chops, that sort of thing, so I don't have any issues eating meat.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    good morning... Ivve already logged my food and exercise for the day. 2100 in...10 miles, abs for 15 min, 30 walk. About 900 burned.

QUESTION:

Tastiest thing you will eat today and tastiest thing you ate yesterday?
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    good morning... Ivve already logged my food and exercise for the day. 2100 in...10 miles, abs for 15 min, 30 walk. About 900 burned.

QUESTION:

Wow - where do you live that you've finished your 10 miles already today? Nice! We went to a pumpkin carving contest last night where there were LOTS of goodies. My favorite was the mini pumpkin pie. Today I'm making meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting for my book club. I hope they're the tastiest thing I have today!

Workout - pending. I'm feeling some pretty good soreness from my workout yesterday. Maybe a bike ride with the family to take it easy. Everyone have a wonderful day!
    Options
    I live in the Northeast of the U.S. ...When I wrote that I hadn't done it yet though. I plan my workouts in advance. It helps me to stay on track!

Getting ready to go to the gym to do 1/2 of my workout and then back home to make Breakfast # 2. Then off to get froyo...do other 1/2 of my gym workout. read...have some more yummies. and read some more.

Thats basically my life. lol.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options

QUESTION:

Tastiest thing today was probably my pumpkin/gingerbread spiced smoothie for breakfast. Yesterday was definitely the Thai Ginger and Coconut Spiced Monkfish and Ratatouille I made for dinner. Absolutely delicious!

Today was a beautiful weather day, cold but bright sun and perfectly clear blue skies, so I went for a nice walk this morning and I've got P90x Core Synergistics tonight for a workout.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Today, I'll be doing P90X triceps workout & Cardio X. 6days until the 1/2 marathon!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    QUESTION:

Not, sure. Going to San Deigo today so something yummy there.... Yesterday? Probably frozen cheese pizza.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I just read a thread from someone who says she struggles to eat 1200 cals a day. Made me realize I need to stay in here. Still struggling to log everything. It's hard to get back doing something when you've been a lazy butt, but I'm going to try my dandiest today.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Came in at only 1800+ calories yesterday which was planned due to eating at maintenance the day before. Total burn for the day was 2800, so between the two days, that comes out to 500 deficit a day which is my goal.
    I am extremely sore from my lower body, abs and back workout yesterday, which is good as I upped all my weights, but not sure what I will be able to do today to burn some extra calories to eat some extra calories, ha! My motivation is always to eat more. Of course, I like to be fit, but eating is good too. I got a good run in after the weights yesterday too. It seems like a lot of us like to run and lift weights.
    Best food I ate yesterday, we ate out as a family, they chose Famous Daves, and when I looked at the nutrition info online, everything was drenched in sodium, so I did my best with calories and sodium and chose a grilled chicken sandwich, side of garlic red skinned mashed potatoes and a side of broccoli. I really liked the potatoes, could have eaten 3 bowls of those.
    Today, I am having grilled pork tenderloin that has been marinating (drool). We have had this recipe at least once a month lately, it is soooo good. Looking forward to that. Just need to figure out my side dishes. Perhaps butternut squash and another veg, or a fresh side salad.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Good morning, ladies! At my GNO last night I had prime rib with smashed potoatoes and a few asparagus stalks. I finished the whole damned steak and loved it, as I don't get to eat that as often anymore. I was 4 calories shy of 2000, and this morning the scale went DOWN. I'm on maintenance, so it's within my range, but if I had the 1200 calorie mentality then I would have been too chicken to eat that steak & potatoes.

Going to get started with my 6 Week 6 Pack, and the tastiest thing I'll eat today will probably be my Kashi Toasted Berry Crumble cereal with strawberries. I hope you all have a great Sunday!
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!
    I have a Garmin too and I love it! Even though I run on a canal and now know the distances, I feel lost without it! Mines the older 205 too.

Tastiest thing yest would have to be the Kashi pizza I ate for dinner. I eat it about once every week or two for a treat. I like it better than real pizza now. Don't know what the tastiest thing will be today. Going to my sisters house. She is an excellent cook and everything she makes is yummy but is also loaded with butter, fat, sugar, etc.

Love4fit-how do you run two long runs back to back? I usually long run on Saturdays and CT or yoga on sundays.
    Options
    I just read a thread from someone who says she struggles to eat 1200 cals a day. Made me realize I need to stay in here. Still struggling to log everything. It's hard to get back doing something when you've been a lazy butt, but I'm going to try my dandiest today.

I hate this crap...1200 a day..."oh woe is me..I can't eat that much. blah blah blah." That's disordered eating talk. It's fear...ignorance, and, downright unhealthy.

1200 calories could easily be a hearty bowl of oatmeal and a pb and j with milk. Glad you found us girlie! :)
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!
    I have a Garmin too and I love it! Even though I run on a canal and now know the distances, I feel lost without it! Mines the older 205 too.

Tastiest thing yest would have to be the Kashi pizza I ate for dinner. I eat it about once every week or two for a treat. I like it better than real pizza now. Don't know what the tastiest thing will be today. Going to my sisters house. She is an excellent cook and everything she makes is yummy but is also loaded with butter, fat, sugar, etc.

Love4fit-how do you run two long runs back to back? I usually long run on Saturdays and CT or yoga on sundays.

it's not hard for me to log long runs even 3-5 days in a row..it depends on the speed really. I did intervals Friday so yesterday I did a slowish run for about 7-8 miles and did the rest later. Same today. Tomorrow will be a shorter run and weights. Then by wednesday I will do another long one.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone!

Twelve-hour shift today for me! My scrubs are fitting so comfortably! Great feeling!!

Nothing real exciting on my menu today other than my dark chocolate-covered pomegranates!!

I'm definitely going to try Love4's pumpkin cheesecake recipe!! Sounds yummy!!

Looking forward to my run tomorrow morning. I'm sure I'll need it after today!