Interesting ways you've noticed you're losing weight...

Options
Apart from the conventional methods of stepping on the scales or measuring your tummy, have you noticed any other interesting/unusual ways you've lost weight or improved your body shape?

Here are a couple I've noticed over the last week:

- the watch I bought in New York (holiday) in July is now moving freely up and down the bottom of my arm. It was a snug fit back in July.
- strange one this, but I can actually feel that my face is thinner when washing it in the shower!

Any examples you'd like to share? e.g.
- some old clothes you can now get in to
- going a belt hole tighter

Rich

Replies

• omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    My jeans are defintely looser in the thigh area than they used to be! Woo, that's a plus. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Increased vascularity in the upper body, obliques starting to pop more, overall shape of my chest/stomach area from a side view is starting to look reasonable.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I lost my pants carrying the laundry up the stairs the other day, lol
  • Shannoncore
    Options
    my wedding falling off and getting lost :( but i found it just cant wear it now.
    going up and down stairs with out being winded
    actually being able to turn over in bed with out help
    fitting in the front seat of my car
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I recently fit into the smallest pair of pre-baby pants that I own:) Which means I get to go shopping soon for smaller clothes. Also, all of my winter sweaters I wore last year are huge on me this year.
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    here is an odd one or two

1) put on old sports bra this morning.... lets just say it was not exactly supportive any more ( not sure i wanted to lose weight there)
    2) I had to tighten my earring backs . They are the screw on kind .... how do you lose weight in your earlobes?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Running out of notches on my belt. Had to drill a new one. Then another one. Soon I will need a third!
  • Atrianna
    Options
    I ride horses and the first thing to feel really loose were my half chaps. My husband jokes about my skinny calves now. :bigsmile:
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    My pants and shirts are now longer than they used to be!

Today, I put on my favorite sweatshirt from college which I last wore about two years ago. Even then, it just barely fit. Now, I'm thinking it looks too big and I might have to donate it and buy one in a smaller size! :)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My feet have lost weight - most of my shoes seemed to have stretched while i was bigger, now my feet are swimming about and i tend to get blisters on the bottom of my feet - can't afford new shoes so i'm wearing thick fleecy socks lol
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My leggings fit more like pants than leggings. :drinker:
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings are much looser, and I think my shoes are a bit looser. Would prefer to lose it from hips than my hands and feet, but meh, I'll take it. :tongue:
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in January, and I put on a pair of pre-baby pants the other day and I could take them off without undoing them. Tried them on a couple months after having my son and they were so tight I couldn't get the button done up. Time to put those ones in the back of the closet!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sitting on hard surfaces is considerably less comfortable without all the *kitten* padding.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I can move my arms under my sleeves
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've found my ribs. Before, there was side fat and underboob fat that covered them, but now, when I poke my ribs, I can feel them :) And I totally have noticed my face is smaller while washing it too. It is the best feeling ever.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    All of my clothes are too big except for a couple dance costumes from high school - I can't really wear those to work (although one is going to be my Halloween costume)

I was itching my thumb this morning and I noticed a bump and the side. Checked the other thumb and wow - that's a bone I didn't know was there.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My work ID badge hangs down lower than it used to. :D
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sitting on hard surfaces is considerably less comfortable without all the *kitten* padding.

^So true
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The weather is starting to turn nasty here in Washington so the other day I took out all of my coats and could not find a single one that fit....they all look like tents!

Last night tried on my dress that I have been wanting to get back into for 8 years now and it was too big!! That was a huge one for me cause that was the smallest size I have ever warn in my adult life :bigsmile: