Interesting ways you've noticed you're losing weight...

Options

Replies

• PurpleCoookie
    Options
    my shorts are falling off and my shirts are fitting better
    I can last longer in my workouts
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sitting on hard surfaces is considerably less comfortable without all the *kitten* padding.

^So true

Ditto!! I thought it was just me!

Ugh! I have the hardest time orienting myself so my butt bones/tail bone doesn't hurt... Have a hard time doing roll ups too!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sitting on hard surfaces is considerably less comfortable without all the *kitten* padding.

^this!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! :)
    I noticed a lot of the same things. However, I think the one that surprised me most was when I put my hands on my hips one day & realized I could feel my hip bones.
    On a similar note, I did notice my hip bones are poking through and I can see them in the mirror. :)

I can't see mine yet but with all of the gym workouts I've been putting in I can actually feel them!
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options

^this!

I love you. mostly because of the Dr Who reference on your signature!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! :)
    I noticed a lot of the same things. However, I think the one that surprised me most was when I put my hands on my hips one day & realized I could feel my hip bones.
    On a similar note, I did notice my hip bones are poking through and I can see them in the mirror. :)

I can't see mine yet but with all of the gym workouts I've been putting in I can actually feel them!
    You will be there eventually. I'm waiting for you. LOL

The pictures on your profile have said it all. Congratulations! :drinker:
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can see my collarbones and the muscles in my neck!

Also, I was able to fit in a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in about 2 years. And my old jeans are getting bigger lol

I did notice the wight loss in my feet too...tho that is a little weird. ><
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hmmm well my watch is smaller too. i lost 2 belt holes. my clothes are looser, and old clothes fit a little better (not where i'd wear them comfortably out and about but you know lol), and my rings feel looser as well which was the biggest surprise. i thought it was kinda random.

oh, and when i was doing jumping jacks my pants fell right off after doing 3 hahaha.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Here's one that I noticed at about 20 pounds lost: My *kitten* no longer unbuckles my seatbelt when I turn right! Woo-hoo!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My arms no longer brush the sides of my body when I walk, or maybe it is the other way around? My body doesn't get in the way of my arms, when they swing, when I walk. That one was one of those out loud "HA!" events.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Seeing my reflection at Badminton the other night, and NOT turning away in disgust! I actually stood there, actually ADMIRING myself! I have edges now! I looked NORMAL! :D
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I noticed my shadow was thinner yesterday!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Oh, just remembered another one while I was in the shower. I noticed that shaving my armpits is considerably easier without having to maneuver around all the fat folds.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My arms used to brush against butt fat when I walked, and now they brush against hipbones!

My tummy doesn't jiggle when I'm riding in a car anymore. It used to have "secondary animation" on it based on the bumps in the road. Actually, I secretly miss this one because it felt funny. (Teehee!)

My head looks way bigger than it used to; my proportions seem off to me!

My calves don't bonk together anymore when I run.

I keep knocking my knees together when I rotate onto my side when I'm lying down. No more built-in pillow! :P
  • amonnery
    Options
    Carrying some boxes from the car when my trousers slipped down. Standing in the middle of the street with my hands full, the neighbours certainly would have had a shock. When I got in the leather punch was put into action and more holes were added to my belt to anchor my strides to where they should have been!
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not having to freak out about being set in a booth if imma fit ok, being able to wrap a regular towel around me, not having to squeeze go get behind people at work even though I still do out of habit, getting my wedding ring resized twice from a 12 to a 9 and now to an 8 :) tis grand feelings these are
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I play semi-contact flag football on the weekends. Our season started 2 weeks ago. I used to only play defense, because I didn't have the energy for offense and defense. Now, I'm playing both and not tired.

Also, I'm thought of as a slow player. But, last weekend, I ran down someone who'd intercepted a pass. I had to chase her 50 yards. I was a little winded from sprinting after her, but I was catching up to her and wasn't exhausted by the time we got to the end zone (my teammate collapsed on the ground from exhaustion). The best part was the other team kept saying how shocked they were to see me running so fast down the field. I never used to move like that and I've been playing football for 16 years.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose the more this really weird thing happens to my face. It's ...like...well, both sides of my mouth seem to be going up a lot more than they used to!!!! :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I was driving one day and realized I was having trouble reaching far enough to push the gas pedal very far. I have short legs anyhow but I thought it was weird. I readjusted myself in the seat and was uncomfortable. Then it hit me! I am sitting on a whole lot less "padding" than before and I'm sitting farther down in the seat, hence my legs don't reach as far! Hubby and I laughed about that one! He's teasing me about needing a booster seat--hey, I might as long as I don't have to have it strapped to my butt all the time like the fat was!
  • Aaish
    Aaish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love finding my veins in different body parts, hands, feet, wrist, arms etc. Some that I haven't ever seen and ESP when they come out during/after a sweaty workout:-)

Plus finding my ribs, bones, collar bones and feeling my shoes getting looser! Ahhhh heavenly feelings:-)