Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I have ot admit that the first day I really didn't feel anything...not sore, nada. I;m not saying it wasn't challenging, just saying Level One didn't do it for me the first day. PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME....because all of a sudden Day 2 hit me with a vengence. Oh..my achy breaky body!!!!! Anyone else start to feel it later?
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Ok...so I have ot admit that the first day I really didn't feel anything...not sore, nada. I;m not saying it wasn't challenging, just saying Level One didn't do it for me the first day. PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME....because all of a sudden Day 2 hit me with a vengence. Oh..my achy breaky body!!!!! Anyone else start to feel it later?

That same thing happened to me!!! But then day 3 and 4(today) are way better. I think it's just our bodies saying "hey what the heck is going on here". I think it gets better and then once we get to the not sore hardly at all point, is when I plan on switching to Level 2.

I fast forwarded through level 2 and 3 today just to see what was up with them. They do look challenging but doable definitely. I think my biggest weak point is push ups. I hate them! Anyone else?? I'm finally to the point that I can do them all through level 1 but that's it.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are the worst for me too. I still can't do them unmodified through the whole circuit but switch to modified as soon as I can't go any longer.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I just got done with my 3rd attempt. My hardest part are the jumping jack and the lunges...it's absolutely KILLING my knee. I was just telling my husband that I'm going to have breakdown and totally modify those.

Do your knees hurt too?

Also, does anyone know how to list this as exercise onthe exercise log? General Aerobics just doesn't seem like enough...but maybe it is. ??????
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi I log as circuit training. I have just finished day 6 and it is rest day tomorrow and yeh I did 3 proper push ups and nothing else is modified I dont feel like I am going to die anymore but I can feel I am working out.

Gonna spend next week trying to build up to full time of un modified push ups then move onto level 2.

Mickie17 maybe you should wear a knee support as I dont think modifying jump jacks would give you the desired effect I certainly would try the support first with the lunges make sure you are doing them with the correct form keeping the knee at 90 degree above the foot.

yeah tomorrows a rest day woo hoo.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hi I log as circuit training. I have just finished day 6 and it is rest day tomorrow and yeh I did 3 proper push ups and nothing else is modified I dont feel like I am going to die anymore but I can feel I am working out.

Gonna spend next week trying to build up to full time of un modified push ups then move onto level 2.

Mickie17 maybe you should wear a knee support as I dont think modifying jump jacks would give you the desired effect I certainly would try the support first with the lunges make sure you are doing them with the correct form keeping the knee at 90 degree above the foot.

yeah tomorrows a rest day woo hoo.

I think you're right Tazzy...I had recontrcutvie surgery a year ago, and I'm not allowed to play sports without my brace, but, to be honest, I am SOOOOO lazy about putting on my brace wehn it comes to an exercise workout. And I agree, I probably won't get the results I need if I modify jjacks etc. The lunges, however, I am going to modify, I'm going to go for a squat instead...thoughts on that????
  • smalltownsquarepeg
    smalltownsquarepeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did it! I got back on the shredding wagon! I modified most of the leg stuff yesterday and did it again today. I feel so much better.

To answer the question someone asked earlier...I felt great the first time I did it and when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the potty, I felt like I was getting punk'd. I couldn't hardly walk! It was awful...but yesterday and today I feel good. Not so sore. I'll keep going like this for a week and then keep on with level 1 unmodified for at least the week after that.

Now, to kick the diet pop habit!!!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I did it! I got back on the shredding wagon! I modified most of the leg stuff yesterday and did it again today. I feel so much better.

To answer the question someone asked earlier...I felt great the first time I did it and when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the potty, I felt like I was getting punk'd. I couldn't hardly walk! It was awful...but yesterday and today I feel good. Not so sore. I'll keep going like this for a week and then keep on with level 1 unmodified for at least the week after that.

Now, to kick the diet pop habit!!!

That's hysterical....what a great analogy (getting punk'd)!!! :laugh: You just made my day, because I can soooooooooooooo relate!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't getting up in the night but going down the stairs the next day! It reminded me of running long distance - I had to turn around and go down backwards because my quads were on fire. Good luck to Tara on kicking the dietpop habit!. I quit buying my diet coke so now I only splurge when out. Although I'm telling you some days I feel like a junkie - I'm dieing for my 3 pm diet coke fix. I've switched to green tea.
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Off to do my pre game workout. :wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day shred today on level one. I have attempted to start the 30 day challenge on my own about 2 different times, went strong for a week then stopped. I would love to start the shred with you all and get more focused. I will start my day one today but still check in on Mon. Its great to hear so many of you all who really feel this dvd, I know I do! Here is my official check in to start.

Current Weight: 145
    Goal: 125 (By Feb 30!)

At level one I def. feel my body working, I got a Polar F4 for xmas this year and it really helps me calculate my exact calorie burn. I wonder, the times past when I worked out it was for a longer period of time, the 20 min shred feels great, especially after I see that i've burned +-280 cal. But I still feel like I should work out for longer. Has anyone incorporated levels one and two? Or done Level 1 twice?

Jen

17883.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

When I do the shred videos I do two or even three levels at a time. I dont do it everyday. Your muscles need to rest for at least a day. If you feel one level is not enough for you do two levels but make sure you rest the next day from it. You can still do another cardio exercise that won't involve much jumping...walking, cycling, swimming, zumba... Also on some of the exercises such as for your back you can increase the weights. I use from 3lbs to 12lb dumbells throughout the workout. When I first did these videos back in sep every other day religiously I broke through my plateau and met my weight goal. But then of course I let go from Oct to Dec, diet and exercise and gained a few pounds. :grumble: :flowerforyou:
  • SarainKS
    Options
    I gave in and did level 2 today. Wow was it a workout! But I like it better than level 1. I was getting bored and didn't feel I was getting as much out of it. I know I burned some calories with it. Phew!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I gave in and did level 2 today. Wow was it a workout! But I like it better than level 1. I was getting bored and didn't feel I was getting as much out of it. I know I burned some calories with it. Phew!

Tell me more!!!! I just got finished with Day 4 of Level 1...a little easier....but I am gettin bored, so it's funny, that you posted this, because I previewed Level 2 right after my workout.

The only thing I'm concerned about, from what I'm seeing, is the amount of lunges & their severity. Thoughts on that????
  • SarainKS
    Options

Tell me more!!!! I just got finished with Day 4 of Level 1...a little easier....but I am gettin bored, so it's funny, that you posted this, because I previewed Level 2 right after my workout.

The only thing I'm concerned about, from what I'm seeing, is the amount of lunges & their severity. Thoughts on that????

Ok, I didn't think it was too bad. In all honesty! But the skater things were pretty hard and I had to modify those. There was another thing like mountain climbers (I can't remember what jillian calls them) and I had to modify those too because I have knee trouble and that put a lot of pressure on my knee. I did everything else unmodified and the lunges really weren't too bad. They weren't too intense but I know everyone is different. I have a ton more lower body strength than upper so I've never really had a problem with lunges like I do with push ups.
  • Mickie17
    Options

Ok, I didn't think it was too bad. In all honesty! But the skater things were pretty hard and I had to modify those. There was another thing like mountain climbers (I can't remember what jillian calls them) and I had to modify those too because I have knee trouble and that put a lot of pressure on my knee. I did everything else unmodified and the lunges really weren't too bad. They weren't too intense but I know everyone is different. I have a ton more lower body strength than upper so I've never really had a problem with lunges like I do with push ups.

Good to know, thanks soooooooooooo much!!! My knee KILLS me on those darn lunges. But I'm going to gear up for them anyway! Thanks so much, I REALLY appreciate your insight. :smile:
  • SarainKS
    Options
    I think if you just take it slow and don't try to push it, you'll be fine. My knee kills me on them too.
  • smendek910
    Options
    Are you supposed to do the shred 30 days in a row??? I heard that your muscles will recover faster and you'll tighten up faster if you rest a day in between working a specific group. Does anyone know if this is true???
  • rosered51
    Options
    Ok so I have heard SOOO much about the 30 Day Shred that I went online and bought it last night. Now I am waiting with baited breath, drooling to get started...it's ALMOST like I just bought a huge vat of Chocolate that is being delivered to my door!!! LOL

I'll let you know when I get it and if I still feel the same!

Good Luck everyone!
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Are you supposed to do the shred 30 days in a row??? I heard that your muscles will recover faster and you'll tighten up faster if you rest a day in between working a specific group. Does anyone know if this is true???

I'm not exactly sure. At the end of level 2 she says "see you tomorrow". I have another group of friends who are also doing it and they don't know either. I think it's really just listen to what your body says. If you can't do it everyday, then I don't see any harm in resting. I did it for 4 days in a row and took saturday off. I figured I could use the cardio everyday at least.
  • smendek910
    Options

I'm not exactly sure. At the end of level 2 she says "see you tomorrow". I have another group of friends who are also doing it and they don't know either. I think it's really just listen to what your body says. If you can't do it everyday, then I don't see any harm in resting. I did it for 4 days in a row and took saturday off. I figured I could use the cardio everyday at least.

Thanks for the info - I guess I'll listen to my body:flowerforyou: