Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Where does it hurt on the ankle? I'm not sold on that plank with the bouncing up and then back to plank. I feel a lot of stress on my achillis in that so may just do the modified version.

Hey there! It's the inside of my ankle...I think you're right....it's got to be from those plank jumping things...that just can't be safe. I started modifying that, and it doesn't hurt as much. Does your achilles feel better now that you modify?
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing them but being extra careful. I know I need the upper body strength so I really focus on keeping that part of my body in the correct form.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I have started very intensly to work out with the 30 day shred.. end dec. and half of january.. almost 5-6 days a week.. but i just can't pass the knee pain.. i got it so badly i can't do it anymore..
    it's so frustrating !!!

I'm putting the " hot/cold " cream on the knees but i can't bend them very much and it just hurts, so i went back to my treadmill but would love to do the shred since i have noticed losing a lot of inches , not so much weight, but inches were just melting !..

what should i do , i'm considering to see a doctor but it just takes so long to get really an apt.. and get it over with.. :ohwell:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I have started very intensly to work out with the 30 day shred.. end dec. and half of january.. almost 5-6 days a week.. but i just can't pass the knee pain.. i got it so badly i can't do it anymore..
    it's so frustrating !!!

I'm putting the " hot/cold " cream on the knees but i can't bend them very much and it just hurts, so i went back to my treadmill but would love to do the shred since i have noticed losing a lot of inches , not so much weight, but inches were just melting !..

what should i do , i'm considering to see a doctor but it just takes so long to get really an apt.. and get it over with.. :ohwell:

Modify!!!! I have been havign to be VERY careful with my knees. It's a hard workout on your knees too!. So go low-impact...I'll tell you what, I still get a great workout from the low impact! Save the jumping off the ground for the jumping jacks only...and be careful with the lunges!!! YIKES! Those are killer on my knees!!!:smile:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    With all the knee problems mentioned, I thought I'd suggest Glucosamine and Chrondrotin as a supplement. When I started running a few years ago, I had a lot of issues with my knees. A friend suggested this combination. I'm not sure of your ages but Osteoarthritis can be a big issue with knees.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Mickie I have been in agony the last day or so with my foot on the inside it was killing me today I did push through the level 2 this morning and its made it sooooo much worse I couldnt do my cardio I ended up crying in pain it still aches I hope it better by thurs I am taking my rest day tomoz so hoping it will get better then. I was putting it down to the jumping jacks coz they seem to really hurt it the most.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Mickie I have been in agony the last day or so with my foot on the inside it was killing me today I did push through the level 2 this morning and its made it sooooo much worse I couldnt do my cardio I ended up crying in pain it still aches I hope it better by thurs I am taking my rest day tomoz so hoping it will get better then. I was putting it down to the jumping jacks coz they seem to really hurt it the most.

OMG Tazzy, what are we doing to ourselves? Are we that desperate that we are resorting to this "No pain, no gain method?" Okay...yes, I am!!!!:laugh:

I'm just going to modify the heck out of it, I still work up a sweat when I do that. I'm concerned about even being able to do it again...I'm hoping by tomorrow that I will be feeling well enough to get back to it. Maybe we need to "get in touch" with Miss Michaels??? Tell her she's killing us so bad we CAN'T actually stand to do the workout...I mean, did I mention I ended up on crutches one night?

I sure hope you feel better Taz....ice and ankle circles! You poor thing!!!!:flowerforyou:

Duffyzmom-Thanks for the info. I'm super YOUNG, :wink: , but I will need to check this stuff out. How does it work to help with joint pain???
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    It will not really help with pain and usually takes a few weeks before you notice a difference. I compare it to the oil can for Tin man. It helps your body keep the joints lubricated in a way. The best news about losing weight is that dropping even a few pounds can take a lot of wear and tear off of your knees. If you want more info check out any information about osteoarthritis. My doctor supports the decision to use Glucosamine and Chrondrotin. But you may want to check with your own doctor.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Thank you for the answers. I don't have a clue what those two things are that you have mentioned. Are they something i can buy over the counter ? Is it that exactly what i should look for on the labels ?
    I'm waiting for an apointment- bad timing i'm transferring to a new doctor so med. records transfer is taking a while ...
    I'm feeling more miserable b/c i'm not used to not being able to do things, even with " to much weight" i was always pretty " mobile " and .. now i just feel - handicapped in a way.. i don't know i try not to think of it but every time i try to bend or do something it hurts so it's hard not to think about it.
    While i have listened to J. Michales. podcasts- i found out that the " 30 day shred " actually was something to go with the book " 30 day cut " .. which is for the ppl who only have " last 10 to lose "
    now - no wonder we are all in pain ! This is not really meant for us.. yes we can do it , but i'm just saying- now i understand why we are all suffering so much :)
  • tazzy
    Options
    foot still killing walked the dogs and it is painful got workout tomoz if I end up in too much pain I may have to get my mum to watch my little ones and I will go swimming for an hour.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    There are generic compounds that are sold under the Glucosamiane/Chrondroiton names. I usually buy mine at Costco it is called Joint Fluid or something like that. This month I bought Osteo Bi-Flex because my Kroger had buy one get one free. One recommendation if you look into these, check the dosage. Some require 4 - 6 tablets a day. I picked the one that only required 2 tables a day because I already break my other vitamins up into twice a day.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    foot still killing walked the dogs and it is painful got workout tomoz if I end up in too much pain I may have to get my mum to watch my little ones and I will go swimming for an hour.

SWIMMING is the BEST exercise!!! I lost a lot of weight last summer without trying, because I was in the pool about 4+ hours a day (I taught lessons). It was great and fun!!! :happy:
  • tazzy
    Options
    Yeah I never had any weight issues when I used to swim it is just difficult with the kids coz I have to take them to my mums house 30 mins away and then come back to pool then pick the kids up its is a lot of driving around and we are on a budget for fuel coz it is so expensive but it might be the way to go. Just took some pain relief for my foot could hardly walk proper this morning when I got up to do shred I think I will do my normal cardio this morning and maybe try shred later but I may miss it altogether for a day or so as all I am doing is prolonging the pain. it might be better to let my foot get better then get back to shred 100% instead of only giving it 60%. I have strapped my foot up as well now it seems to help a bit.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Yeah I never had any weight issues when I used to swim it is just difficult with the kids coz I have to take them to my mums house 30 mins away and then come back to pool then pick the kids up its is a lot of driving around and we are on a budget for fuel coz it is so expensive but it might be the way to go. Just took some pain relief for my foot could hardly walk proper this morning when I got up to do shred I think I will do my normal cardio this morning and maybe try shred later but I may miss it altogether for a day or so as all I am doing is prolonging the pain. it might be better to let my foot get better then get back to shred 100% instead of only giving it 60%. I have strapped my foot up as well now it seems to help a bit.

I'm with you that idea of easing back into the shred. I think I might wait until Saturday or Sunday when I'm feling better. I'm barely able to do my spin bike in the moring, STILL!!! Man I just HATE getting sick!!!! I'm on a 4 day weekend this weekend...so I plan to relax...a lot!!! Let me know how it goes...I hope you feel better too!!! Otherwise, we may need to tell Jillain to "Kiss our foot (feet)!" :laugh:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Well I'm back to shredding...level 2. But a little light-headed after being sick all week.:ohwell:

Hey Taz....how are your feet holding up? From the break this week, I'm not feeling anything in my ankle...YET....hopefully I won't! I hope you're doing better!
  • tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    Ok..after reading all the posts about the shred I just ordered my copy. I've been doing some of the programs on Fit TV and love working out to videos. Gives me something different. I'm a little nervous about doing it after reading some of your posts but am ready for a challenge!!
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    So I did level 3 for the first time today and I must say it is harder than level 2 but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I managed to push through it and finished it. It seems like it will get easier.

Has anyone else tried level three?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    So I did level 3 for the first time today and I must say it is harder than level 2 but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I managed to push through it and finished it. It seems like it will get easier.

Hey Pink..tell me more...I'm really motivated to get up to it next week. What was hard? Anything that really needs modifying??? (I have those darn knee problems, and Level 2's been really easy to manage...easier than Level 1, for me).

Thanks,

M
  • PinkableLove
    Options

Hey Pink..tell me more...I'm really motivated to get up to it next week. What was hard? Anything that really needs modifying??? (I have those darn knee problems, and Level 2's been really easy to manage...easier than Level 1, for me).

Thanks,

M
    I found that the cardio and abs were a lot easier than level 2. In one of the circuits the cardio is the same as level 1 and 2 but with the hand weights. The abs is sit-ups and and some other moves that are relatively easy. I found that the last ab move was hard but I was able to push through it. The strength was harder because of the mountain climbers (which i had to modify) and there is walking push-ups. There is also another strength move which is like the walkout push-ups from level 2 only backwards. You start on your elbows and have to move to your hands and back down to your elbows, all in a plank position.

I found I only had to modify that move and the walking push-ups. But overall I enjoyed level 3 more than level 2.
  • Mickie17
    Options

Thanks,

M
    I found that the cardio and abs were a lot easier than level 2. In one of the circuits the cardio is the same as level 1 and 2 but with the hand weights. The abs is sit-ups and and some other moves that are relatively easy. I found that the last ab move was hard but I was able to push through it. The strength was harder because of the mountain climbers (which i had to modify) and there is walking push-ups. There is also another strength move which is like the walkout push-ups from level 2 only backwards. You start on your elbows and have to move to your hands and back down to your elbows, all in a plank position.

I found I only had to modify that move and the walking push-ups. But overall I enjoyed level 3 more than level 2.

Good info!!!! Now I'm really excited to get throught this week and move on to Level 3. Thanks!!!! Have a great Sunday!!!!:smile::flowerforyou: