Oct Challenge Week 3

Options
12346»

Replies

• amitcham4
    amitcham4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to keep going! I passed up a cookie today because I weigh in tomorrow :) I am doing the challenges and love reading the board!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    keep going! keep going! keep going!

and like someone else said maybe also track the exercise minutes
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I HAVE DONE HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS WEEK. There's only two days left, and I am gonna be good for them. I hardly logged and I've had red numbers everyday I bothered to log. It's my hubby's b-day this week, and we have been eating birthday dinner every meal all week, it seems like. I weighed today and I am up 4 lbs. That's 4 lbs in 5 days! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm not gonna log weight til Saturday though, maybe I can lose a lb by then. I won't give up though, I'm just gonna start over. At least I've had a very good start for breakfast today, and I am on my way to walk the dogs in this weird but welcome cool florida weather.

Oh no!!! I bet a lot of it is water weight. Try drinking like there is no tomorrow! try for 12 cups maybe. I know I lose more if I drink more.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well then let's keep on tracking! I'll add to the spreadsheet for next month! if anyone doesn't want to keep going let me know, and I will hide your name...
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I HAVE DONE HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS WEEK. There's only two days left, and I am gonna be good for them. I hardly logged and I've had red numbers everyday I bothered to log. It's my hubby's b-day this week, and we have been eating birthday dinner every meal all week, it seems like. I weighed today and I am up 4 lbs. That's 4 lbs in 5 days! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm not gonna log weight til Saturday though, maybe I can lose a lb by then. I won't give up though, I'm just gonna start over. At least I've had a very good start for breakfast today, and I am on my way to walk the dogs in this weird but welcome cool florida weather.

Oh no!!! I bet a lot of it is water weight. Try drinking like there is no tomorrow! try for 12 cups maybe. I know I lose more if I drink more.

add lemon to your water too and drink drink drink until you are peeing every 20 minutes or so! :smile:
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    again have slacked on the exercise. need to get that going since I probably have gained this week. People brought food in at work and I know I went way over in calories.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! This is a great group. I hope it stays alive.
  • jennmoore3
    Options

My thoughts are this... I will keep on going like this, changing weekly threads, so keep watching for them. About 12 hours from now I will make a new one for week 4

Maybe we should create a name for next month because it is not just a October challenge. "November challenge" sounds boring. So shoot me some names! We have men in this as well, just a FYI.

Name ideas I have...
    Sexy for Santa
    No Turkey necks? LOL

I am so not creative!
  • jennmoore3
    Options

That is why I never want to end! LOL
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is the last time I will weigh myself for a few months. I am focusing on loosing cms and body fat not numbers on the scale in fact I will probably gain. So if the next group is weighing in constantly I will be out.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Week 4 is the last time I will weigh myself for a few months. I am focusing on loosing cms and body fat not numbers on the scale in fact I will probably gain. So if the next group is weighing in constantly I will be out.

That is fine, you can stay and read the challenges for ideas if you want!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I finally made it to 2 minutes on the plank today. The secret is to get a song in your head and not stop until the song is done. My oven timer when off before I was fatigued today. It was great.

As for names for the November Challenge: I like "Shaping up for the Holidays" or something to do with the approaching end of the year, "The Almost Final Countdown". It truly doesn't matter, if you post a name, we will find it. That's the dedication we have.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Thanks Jenn! You are THE BEST!!:drinker:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Didn't do so great on exercise this week.

Started eating after a week of pretty much no eating...not disappointed with myself tho...only gained a couple of
    pounds and that's ok. Still under what I thought I would have shot up to.

Thanks Jenn for keeping us going....looking forward to November and seeing what our family/group can do!

Keep moving everyone! I'm off to Havasu today for a family weekend and celebrating my 52nd! yeegads!:tongue:

Pam
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Didn't do so great on exercise this week.

Started eating after a week of pretty much no eating...not disappointed with myself tho...only gained a couple of
    pounds and that's ok. Still under what I thought I would have shot up to.

Thanks Jenn for keeping us going....looking forward to November and seeing what our family/group can do!

Keep moving everyone! I'm off to Havasu today for a family weekend and celebrating my 52nd! yeegads!:tongue:

Pam

Happy 52 :heart:
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    week 3 weigh in... 192!!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    No weight lost - No weight gained.
    Numbers for the week:
    Calories eaten 11001 - Exercise calories 3536 = Total calories 7465
    Calories I could have had 8400 - Total calories = Calories under 935

Total miles = 27.4
    Total squats = 300
    Total jumping jacks minutes = 25
    Total plank minutes = 8.5
    Total ab minutes = 197 (I do the Hip Hop Ab video)

Overall I missed a few minutes of jumping jacks and some squats, but it was an acceptable week. I would have liked to have done better. The only excuse I can offer is laziness and lack of motivation.

I am ready to face and defeat the final week!
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've lost no weight at all..plateau I guess. But its really frustrating because I'm really working hard! Have started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, so I'll stick with that, don't think I'll get any extra squats or even moving done after that..but will try to cut out more on sugar this week! Good luck everybody!! :)

I hit a plateau about 5 weeks ago...it lasted 8 weeks! Talk about a downer. My trainer was puzzled, because she knew how hard I was working. What we did was starting lifting more weight. I train with her 3 times a week and lifted on my own for 2 days a week. I did at least 60 minutes of cardio every day. I did intervals (example; treadmill = 2 minutes on incline 5 and a speed as high as I could walk, then 2 minutes on incline 10 at a much lower speed.) It worked! I have finally started losing again. Hang in there, I know how frustrating it can be, but keep up the good work and look what you have accomplished so far!