Not that much to lose group *LOSE 15lbs in 12 Weeks*

Options

Replies

• foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have never joined one of these before. What exactly do we do on Friday? Thanks... excited to try my first group.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well everyone, I made it back from Mexico this weekend. I told myself not to get on the scale till today and I only gained 1 pound!!!! I am pretty proud of myself and didn't over do it while on vacation. So my starting weight has now changed to 136. Weigh in is this Friday...I don't see much of a weight loss for me since I am booked at work and have exams all week....so not much gym time...but I continue to watch what I eat.

THESE lAST 10 pounds are SO hard to get rid of. I don't know if I'll ever get to my goal weight!!!

Thats awesome you only gained a pound! I bet its just water weight! I switched up my diet for this week and lost half a pound already this week so that makes me so happy! these last 14 are a pain in the booty! Id be stoked for 2 pounds this week!
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in too--a little late though. I'm 5'3 with a SW: 143. I'd love to see 135 or even 130 in 12 weeks!
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    HECK YES!!!! LOST A POUND!!! that makes 1.5 already this week I guess changing up my eating habbits worked! Just need .5 for the rest of the week to make me happy! hope the pizza tonght doesnt set me back....just ONE slice I'm sticking to it!
  • krackertw
    krackertw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey this is just what I needed! Please add me in!
    I'm 5'7 and my CW is 127.
    It's so hard to get off those weights when you've got BMI of 21.5.
    I just hope I can reach my goal before next summer, really wanting to have a beachbody!
  • aion26
    aion26 Posts: 14
    Options
    Works for me. I'm 5'6 and have been stuck at about 155 since I lost 6lbs at the beginning of the year. I gave up for a bit and just managed my weight, but I've been at it again for a few weeks and would like to lose 5 pounds before Thanksgiving and ultimately about 15-20 pounds but would be thrilled if I could just get at least 10 pounds off in 12 weeks, especially with the holidays coming up. Despite eating right, meeting my daily goals, and working out, the weight hasn't budged so I'm getting a bit frustrated. I'm going to meet with a trainer at the gym today as I realize that one cannot get fit by cardio alone and all those damn weight machines freak me out, so we'll see how it goes. I'm 38 so it seems like the weight just doesn't come off like it used to.

My biggest weakness are craft beer and eating out. Since I almost never eat out a chain restaurants, it is really hard to navigate the menus.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    are we tracking measurements also?

Yes lets track measurements as well. I know I lose more in inches than I do in lbs, so that may help some of us to not get discouraged! Good idea!
  • megcalvert
    Options
    Can I still join?

Yes, weigh in is Friday!
  • megcalvert
    Options
    HECK YES!!!! LOST A POUND!!! that makes 1.5 already this week I guess changing up my eating habbits worked! Just need .5 for the rest of the week to make me happy! hope the pizza tonght doesnt set me back....just ONE slice I'm sticking to it!

You're doing great!!! I don't see any weight loss for me this week, since I will only get to have 1 gym session due to being over booked at work. But I have been eating healthy so that may help....Congrats!!!! What did you switch up, we all love tips!!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fridays approaching!! Need to get back on treadmill :explode:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • megcalvert
    Options
    I think I am gonna make a trip to Walmart and get the Jillian Michaels SHRED this week. Anyone wanna start it during this journey? Has anyone used any of her videos? I want that video and one for my hips & abs I don't know which ones to get!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Yes lets track measurements as well. I know I lose more in inches than I do in lbs, so that may help some of us to not get discouraged! Good idea!

not to sound like a complete idiot, but I have never measured myself.......chest, stomach and hips? and is the stomach at the belly button? Last but not least, where do you get a tape measure for this? Craft section?
  • megcalvert
    Options

not to sound like a complete idiot, but I have never measured myself.......chest, stomach and hips? and is the stomach at the belly button? Last but not least, where do you get a tape measure for this? Craft section?

I purchased mine in the craft section. Its the flimsy kind that will wrap around easily. I measure my hips (measure just under the belly button around the largest part of your waist above you butt), waist (right above your belly button), thighs, and arms. It is up to you guys one what you want to measure as we are all different in where we want to lose.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all 4 pages, but I was wondering if I could join?

I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by Dec. 25, and then probably another 5-10 after that, depending on how I feel. So this seems like a great challenge for me! I've been tracking my weight and a bunch of different measurements the last couple of weeks, should I share that here?

I guess I should wait and see if you are accepting new challengers or not first. :bigsmile:
  • heathers25
    heathers25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am 5'7" and currently at 138lbs. I would like to get to my goal of 130. I am currently on day 6 level 1 of 30 day shred and I run every other day.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes anyone can join. our first weigh in is Oct 28th!

I just read this! Okay, I'm officially in.

SW (pounds): 164.0 (I weigh in on Saturday mornings, so I will give you my WI results on Saturday if that's okay!)

Here are my starting measurements (inches, from last Saturday)

neck- 12.0
    upper arm (widest part)- 13.5
    bust (widest part)-37.5
    bust (below breasts)-33
    waist (smallest part)- 31.5
    waist (belly button)-36
    hips (widest part)-45.5
    thighs (widest part)-24.5
    thighs (halfway between knee and crotch)-21.5
    calf (widest part)- 14.5 (same)
  • delamer23
    delamer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I am gonna make a trip to Walmart and get the Jillian Michaels SHRED this week. Anyone wanna start it during this journey? Has anyone used any of her videos? I want that video and one for my hips & abs I don't know which ones to get!

I'm keen! I've been reading about people's experiences with it and it sounds pretty good. I haven't done any of her videos before (or really any workout videos ever...) Unfortunately I'm currently on a placement in a remote area (Walmart is 3 hours away!) so I won't be able to get the DVD for another 2 weeks...but if I can find the first few on youtube or something I'd be happy to start earlier!
  • krackertw
    krackertw Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I have been starting with it for some time now.
    As a beginner (or first time with her), I started with 30DS.
    And I had great concerns on my butt and thigh, so I had Killer Buns & Thighs prepared, but almost couldn't finish it when doing it the first time, and I haven't completed all three levels in 30DS!

So I kept on with 30DS, and only recently did I finish it, do I really start on with KB&T, exchanging with Banish fat boost metabolism every other day.
    I'm just starting this cycle, so I'm not sure of the results. Sharing them for your reference.
  • megcalvert
    Options
    I bought 30 Day Shred/Banish Fat Boost Metabolism/No More Trouble Zones!! I am going to start on them as soon as I get them in the mail as walmart didn't have them. If anyone wants to start these with me during our 12 weeks let me know! Weigh in is TOMORROW morning!!! I get my only gym session for the week tonight! Still haven't lost anything for the week! :(