Not that much to lose group *LOSE 15lbs in 12 Weeks*

Options

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I havent done my measurements yet, i"ll try to on sunday. As far as weigh in, i tend to fluctuate alot when I'm in this range so it seems i had a great couple weeks but I wont be shocked to see it go up before next weigh in.

SW: 129lbs
    10/28/11 weight: 123.5 lbs

You're right around my goal weight! What are you wanting to get down to?

I'm not sure. about this time last year I got down to my original goal, which was 110 and I honestly didnt like it. my head is too big haha! I lost all my "curves/shape" and a couple people even asked if i was sick! so I'm thinking between 115-120 is my final goal this time.
    I honestly would be fine with the weight i am now, i just have some belly fat and love handles I want to get rid of, i'm fine with the rest of my body now though.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    SW: 140
    Also no tape yet...

Height 5'5 (close enough)
    CW: 139
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how but ive GAINED 3lbs but had a NSV with about 1/2 - 1 inch off all area's??!! How does that work out? :noway:

I think what im going to have to do so i dont drive myself crazy is to carry on as i am now with 1200 cals & daily cardio and i dont think i will do weigh in anymore - not untill the final weigh in is done. Might change my mind next week but im not giving up yet!! xx
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how but ive GAINED 3lbs but had a NSV with about 1/2 - 1 inch off all area's??!! How does that work out? :noway:

I think what im going to have to do so i dont drive myself crazy is to carry on as i am now with 1200 cals & daily cardio and i dont think i will do weigh in anymore - not untill the final weigh in is done. Might change my mind next week but im not giving up yet!! xx

weight fluctuates so much could be the TOM or any veriouse reasons. I bet you'll lose that plus some next week.

*Just took a look at your diary, you might want to decrease the carb intake and increase the protien intake and increase the water intake and see how that helps you :)
  • delamer23
    delamer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hmm..
    SW is 148, CW is 145.5. I don't think I'm going to get too excited yet, since I had to use a different scale (although, it was a hospital scale so it should be accurate). We'll see next week I suppose! Hope you all are looking forward to Halloween weekend!
  • drea_b1
    drea_b1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    already was mention but since its friday this will be the official weigh in. Im still at 160, 5'7"

Any college students thats living at home with parents? How do you deal with healthy food choices? Its hard having to basically eat w/e the fam eats or starve. My mom helps me out a bit.. she trys to buy healthier foods but its never consistent at each grocery shopping trip.

Im going to purchase the 30 day shred. im becoming bored with the gym! Not to mention the drive to the nearest location is over 10 miles away. i need to shake up my routine, hoping the 30 day shred will help.
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im down starting weight is 145 and im 5'1 ....goal weight is 130 to 135....i got down to 139 a few months ago but started eating unhealthy again.....if u having a problem with over eating like me buy kid bowls and eat often...drink one full cup of water before each meal no fruit after 12 too much sugar and no carbs after 4....excercise once a day even if its running up and down the stairs 20 times in 5 mins ...jillian michaels 30 day shred dvd is great and is only 20 mins....I'm excited
    ***it aint right if it aint tight ***
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    mmaannn why couldn't weight in be today? LOL I know the official weigh ins are on fridays but i still weigh every day and i lost half a pound so that makes 2 this week! Wahoo 151.5 looking forward to 140's next week i HOPE! Then I'm home free! i'll be in the last stretch
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates so much could be the TOM or any veriouse reasons. I bet you'll lose that plus some next week.

*Just took a look at your diary, you might want to decrease the carb intake and increase the protien intake and increase the water intake and see how that helps you :)

Thanks for the advise! Wondered if anyone would mind checking out my diary and seeing where im going wrong. Deffinatly agree with you on the carbs, its just a good bulking food to get you through the day.. annoying! lol

Will also try and have more water as well, think i drank alot more when i did MFP before. xx
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I havent done my measurements yet, i"ll try to on sunday. As far as weigh in, i tend to fluctuate alot when I'm in this range so it seems i had a great couple weeks but I wont be shocked to see it go up before next weigh in.

SW: 129lbs
    10/28/11 weight: 123.5 lbs

You're right around my goal weight! What are you wanting to get down to?

I'm not sure. about this time last year I got down to my original goal, which was 110 and I honestly didnt like it. my head is too big haha! I lost all my "curves/shape" and a couple people even asked if i was sick! so I'm thinking between 115-120 is my final goal this time.

yeah that's how i was when i was around 125, so i'm shooting for 130-ish
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options

Thanks for the advise! Wondered if anyone would mind checking out my diary and seeing where im going wrong. Deffinatly agree with you on the carbs, its just a good bulking food to get you through the day.. annoying! lol

Will also try and have more water as well, think i drank alot more when i did MFP before. xx

I used to have a hard time getting the protien in because i LOVE carbs. But maybe try to add it in to two meals a day to start with. I used to eat cerial for breakfast every morning i've since changed to egg whites. Maybe bake some chicken and make chicken salad for lunch mustard instead of mayo will cut down on calories and fat and tastes just as good. and then for dinner maybe some fish. Try to stick to lean protiens , egg whites, white meat turkey, chicken breast, fish, tuna make sure the chicken and turkey in skinless..too much fat. i know its easier for me to cook in bulk and then i havd my food prepared for the whole week if you dont mind eating the same things every day for a week it works. you'll be suprised how much fuller you feel with protien in your system. My lunch for last week was one cup of shredded lettuce, ground turkey taco meat and half a cup of brown rice. It was so deliciouse and it kept me full until my next meal. I also used home made hot sauce with no sodium for dressing.
  • jenmmm
    jenmmm Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm hopping in (if you don't mind). My diet hasn't been amazing this week. That seems to be harder to maintain than working out.

SW 138
    CW 129
    GW 120 by Christmas
  • Pirate3108
    Options
    I'd like to join.
    I'm 5'4", 27 years old and 140lb. I've lost 10lb in the last 10 weeks already.
    I would like to lose at least 10lb, possibly up to 15lb.
    I'm on my feet a lot during the day but it's more "standing" than "walking", y'know?

My plan is:
    improve diet (up to 1400 cal/day M-F; up to 1700 cal/day S&S)
    cardio - 30 minutes elliptical trainer (~350 cals) x 5 each week
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    SW (pounds): 164.0
    Week 1: 162.0

Here are my new measurements (inches)

neck- 12.0
    upper arm (widest part)- 13.0 (-1/2 inch!)
    bust (widest part)-37.0 (-1/2 inch!)
    bust (below breasts)-32.5 (-1/2 inch!)
    waist (smallest part)- 31.0 (-1/2 inch!)
    waist (belly button)-36 (same)
    hips (widest part)-45.0 (-1/2 inch!)
    thighs (widest part)-24.5 (same)
    thighs (halfway between knee and crotch)-20.0 (-1.5 inch!)
    calf (widest part)- 14.5 (same)

total for week 1 of challenge- 2 pounds, 5.5 inches!!! :bigsmile:
  • damzie
    damzie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I forgot to login on Friday, but I weighed in at 135.6, so I lost about a pound last week. Yay! This week may be rough on the scale, since I'm in full-swing PMS. I didn't get in enough exercising over the weekend, but I didn't do too badly on food. And since I was tailgating a football game Saturday, I'm pround of myself for not going too nuts!

Next week I'm going to start going to the gym over lunch 3 days a week, but I'm not planning on cutting down my normal after-work exercise. I think that's what I need to do to get rid of these last ten pounds or so.

Have a good week everyone!

-Damzie
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I been lazy eating ...not eating at home and eating fast food I gained 1 lbs...watching Wat I eat today
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So the first real week of this challenge and I'm doing the last week of TurboFire (BeachBody)! haven't done it 100% - it's supposed to be 6x a week for 20 weeks (!) but stuck to it pretty well.

Last week was a BEAST, I managed all 6 workouts (and a pilates class), and they ranged from 60 mins full blast cardio and 10 minute abs afterward to 30 minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) followed by 20 minute upper or lower strength training. Pretty proud of myself getting through that week alone let alone the 19 so far!

My motivations pretty high at the minute, so although I'm in the last week, think I'm going to steam ahead and move onto Insanity next week. I need to make the most of this exercise motivation while I have it!

Food wise I'm doing ok - alot of my normal cravings have disappeared recently, like I've not had chocolate in a while, except for a low-cal hot chocolate to gratify a sweet tooth in the evenings. I still snack too much I think, I struggle with saying no to coworkers who bake (you'll see in my diary 1 CUPCAKE today)... I don't even life cupcakes that much normally... but it would have been impolite... hahah (who'm I kidding). But I think I've been able to power through more food cravings ever since I quit smoking a few months ago (actually exactly when I started TurboFire), although I wasn't a heavy smoker, in successfully working my way cold-turkey through nicotine cravings I think that's set me up for powering through carb and sugar cravings.

that's a bit of a ramble... hmmhm anyway that's where I am at the moment!
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    went out to dinner with my husband last night and did not do so well! I gained a pound but i'm assuming its all water weight since my water intake was almost nothing yesterday and the foods were very high in sodium. I tryed to get to the gym but when i pulled up they had closed early :( will be there today tho. Hope everyone has a great week! I'm hoping to hit my 3rd weightloss goal this week of 149.5 pounds by friday!
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    went out to dinner with my husband last night and did not do so well! I gained a pound but i'm assuming its all water weight since my water intake was almost nothing yesterday and the foods were very high in sodium. I tryed to get to the gym but when i pulled up they had closed early :( will be there today tho. Hope everyone has a great week! I'm hoping to hit my 3rd weightloss goal this week of 149.5 pounds by friday!
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post my weight on Friday.

Official starting weight: 145lbs.

I would love to be 140lbs in 3 weeks time.. But I think its an impossible task!

Hoping im at least 144lbs this time next week :)