Did you do the HCG diet?

Options
The HCG diet seem to come up here at least once per day.
So I would like to hear from anyone that has managed to keep the weight off for 6 months to a year or more.

**FYI I have NO plans to try anything other than my net 1200 calories and exercise.**

Im just really curious since everyone 'knows' someone that had XYZ experience with it.

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    (crickets)

Hmmm...
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The ones that tried it are too busy staring at pictures of food and drooling....sorry!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    10623726.jpg
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    waiting... :tongue:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Well, while we're waiting for responses......you guys want a beer?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    My diet consists of these magic pills, and oh, by the way consume 500 calories.
    for more information contact www.lawsuitinthemaking.com
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Its still pretty new. I've heard women say it messes up their cycle which leads me to believe it messes with your fertility so I'd consider this a no-go for anyone who may still want to conceive....why take the chance?
  • starracer23
    Options
    Can I have a vodka tonic with a twist instead?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Seriously - no judgement coming from me if it worked. I dont want to scare off potential posters.
    I just only hear about people 'starting' the diet. Not maintaining the weightloss.

I figured at least one or two people should be able to defend it with sustained loss...right?

I will take that beer!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    i did. i did a full round. i was on a modified version of 800/cal a day instead of 500. it was great. since i was very limited on cals i learned to make great choices! i eat veggies way more now and much less carbs. i'm on round 2 now.

down 15 lbs and haven't put any back on. it's been about 8 months
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Coming right up!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Coming right up!
    did someone say vodka?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Coming right up!
    did someone say vodka?

maybe it will mask the pee taste
  • starracer23
    Options

Coming right up!

Thanks!!!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah Weed sweet tea flavored vodka is my love...that in some diet lemonade....AMAZING!!!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Its still pretty new. I've heard women say it messes up their cycle which leads me to believe it messes with your fertility so I'd consider this a no-go for anyone who may still want to conceive....why take the chance?

this is a good point and i've heard the concerns for this too. HcG is used in fertility treatments but at something like 100x more per doses than the diet uses.
    i never had any problems w any TOM issues but everyone is different!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry the vodka threw me off topic:ohwell:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

this is a good point and i've heard the concerns for this too. HcG is used in fertility treatments but at something like 100x more per doses than the diet uses.

Ummm....definitely not new. It's been utilized since the 1950's.
  • starracer23
    Options
    i did. i did a full round. i was on a modified version of 800/cal a day instead of 500. it was great. since i was very limited on cals i learned to make great choices! i eat veggies way more now and much less carbs. i'm on round 2 now.

down 15 lbs and haven't put any back on. it's been about 8 months

I don't know if it's difficult for you to lose weight, and I am not judging your choice of diets at all. I have lost 25lbs in 7mths doing nothing but eating better and going to the gym.....
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

Ummm....definitely not new. It's been utilized since the 1950's.

it's new as in it's made a big recent come back.
This discussion has been closed.