Did you do the HCG diet?

Options

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    NotAgain.jpg

I think this topic sums it up pretty much.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/338789-looking-for-peeps-who-did-hcg-diet-with-bad-results

By the way, to all the others pouring drinks; make mine a large Irish Whiskey (straight - no mixer, no ice)
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    i did. i did a full round. i was on a modified version of 800/cal a day instead of 500. it was great. since i was very limited on cals i learned to make great choices! i eat veggies way more now and much less carbs. i'm on round 2 now.

down 15 lbs and haven't put any back on. it's been about 8 months

I don't know if it's difficult for you to lose weight, and I am not judging your choice of diets at all. I have lost 25lbs in 7mths doing nothing but eating better and going to the gym.....

I have PCOS and it's very difficult. one round is 30 to 45 day. i did 30 days and lost 15 lbs. it's been 8 months and i haven't put it back on at all
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    i did. i did a full round. i was on a modified version of 800/cal a day instead of 500. it was great. since i was very limited on cals i learned to make great choices! i eat veggies way more now and much less carbs. i'm on round 2 now.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

This just sounds like the result of dangerously restricting calories. What is the purpose of the HCG?
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    NotAgain.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/338789-looking-for-peeps-who-did-hcg-diet-with-bad-results

By the way, to all the others pouring drinks; make mine a large Irish Whiskey (straight - no mixer, no ice)
    Again thats great but its full of 'this happened to my friend'. I wasnt looking to discuss the dangers. We all know those. I wanted to see personal testimonials about long term sustainability. Which I figured would be few...and are.

So we have one person from the thousands that are on MFP that this has worked for?
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

This just sounds like the result of dangerously restricting calories. What is the purpose of the HCG?

a small, daily hCG injection (approx. 125 IU to 200 IU) results in a weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per day, and often more, when accompanied by a VLCD (very low calorie diet of apprx 500 calories). It also helps curb hunger, and the weight that is removed comes off in a more "attractive matter". i dunno how correct this all is or matter of fact. i can just speak about my experiances and i was not really ever hungry, had energy, and felt as though i ate enough every day. plus almost all of my loss came off my tummy area.
    i lost:
    2'' from waist
    2.25'' from high waist
    1" from hips plus the 15 lbs
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    Notgain.jpg

Again thats great but its full of 'this happened to my friend'. I wasnt looking to discuss the dangers. We all know those. I wanted to see personal testimonials about long term sustainability. Which I figured would be few...and are.

So we have one person from the thousands that are on MFP that this has worked for?

Well how about the words of a doctor:

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/12/diet-scam-101-the-hcg-con.html
    (Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP )
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

a small, daily hCG injection (approx. 125 IU to 200 IU) results in a weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per day, and often more, when accompanied by a VLCD (very low calorie diet of apprx 500 calories). It also helps curb hunger, and the weight that is removed comes off in a more "attractive matter". i dunno how correct this all is or matter of fact. i can just speak about my experiances and i was not really ever hungry, had energy, and felt as though i ate enough every day. plus almost all of my loss came off my tummy area.
    i lost:
    2'' from waist
    2.25'' from high waist

Again, thank you for the reply.

You said, "i dunno how correct this all is or matter of fact." That pretty much sums it up.

You're losing weight because you're restricting calories. Period.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

thank you!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

i lost:
    2'' from waist
    2.25'' from high waist

You said, "i dunno how correct this all is or matter of fact." That pretty much sums it up.

NO i'm saying that so people don't hang me in the town square as i feel some people on here are trying to do. no wonder hcg'ers don't respond to these posts.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

And I sit back and chuckle at all the ludicrous efforts you're going through to lose weight. Pass me the ice cream someone.
  • BondBomb
    Options
    Notgain.jpg

Well how about the words of a doctor:

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/12/diet-scam-101-the-hcg-con.html
    (Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP )
    (Sigh) - Im not looking for proof that the diet is bad. Im looking to show someone that its not sustainable. Im not trying to come out and attack people that are doing it. Im trying to convince someone else that this is not the way to go. Can you work with me please?
  • Thomasm198
    Options

(Sigh) - Im not looking for proof that the diet is bad. Im looking to show someone that its not sustainable. Im not trying to come out and attack people that are doing it. Im trying to convince someone else that this is not the way to go. Can you work with me please?

The problem is that people are going to tell you that it worked because they fell for the hype claiming that it's the HCG that is helping them lose weight and not the fact that they are on a ridiculously low calorie intake.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

I think you could do the same without spending the money on HCG. You've done roughly 1.8lbs a month and really that's attainable by just lowering your calorie deficit to -250 a day from your TDEE.
  • BondBomb
    Options

The problem is that people are going to tell you that it worked because they fell for the hype claiming that it's the HCG that is helping them lose weight and not the fact that they are on a ridiculously low calorie intake.
    Yet only one person has made the claim of being able to sustain the diet. Which is what I am trying to prove. Please read the OP.
    I am looking for people that have maintained signifigant weight loss for 6 months or more. They dont exist! We are on the same side here.
  • CrzyAte
    CrzyAte Posts: 55
    Options

i lost:
    2'' from waist
    2.25'' from high waist

I love when people say the weight loss is the calorie restriction. You restrict your body that much alone your body will not release any fat or at least very little. I did a 21 day of HCG and lost 18 bounds then I did 500 cal without the HCG and felt sick and tired and dizzy for 3 days and then gave up. I lost nothing. On the 4th day I ate a Chili dog and 2 pieces of pizza when I weighed the next day I lost 2 lbs. Obviously my body was starving. I can't attest to the long term results yet but as with any diet if you don't change your habits you will be back where you started.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Hold the phones! You mean to say that allllllllll that ranting you've been doing about how great HCG is and how "Only 98%" of people (a.k.a. the ones against it) have done their research and you haven't even STARTED yours yet? smh....carry on. *sigh*
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options

thank you!
    You are very welcome!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

And I sit back and chuckle at all the ludicrous efforts you're going through to lose weight. Pass me the ice cream someone.

I only have Neopolitan. Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry or all 3?
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options

BondBomb...........need I say more?
This discussion has been closed.