Did you do the HCG diet?

Options

Replies

• Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

Hold the phones! You mean to say that allllllllll that ranting you've been doing about how great HCG is and how "Only 98%" of people (a.k.a. the ones against it) have done their research and you haven't even STARTED yours yet? smh....carry on. *sigh*
    You people are so judgmental .......I seriously wonder why. I have been going on and on all week about how I am starting this on Saturday............ You JUST CATCH THAT, TOOTZ??
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Off to the store to buy my groceries for my husband and I so save the wolf attacks for the next victim.... PEACE, OUT!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Off to the store to buy my groceries for my husband and I so save the wolf attacks for the next victim.... PEACE, OUT!

Dueces
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

And I sit back and chuckle at all the ludicrous efforts you're going through to lose weight. Pass me the ice cream someone.
    BondBomb...........need I say more?

Oh wise defender of pregnant lady hormones....that was me, not BondBomb. Got a witty retort now?
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We've not heard of this much over here in blighty. Sooo you drink pee is that right?
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the specifics of the diet, but I heard that they prescribe phentermine (aka a form of speed) with it, is that true? If that is the case, couldn't anyone lose a lot of weight being on phentermine?

(I am a recovered addict and I know the effects of amphetamines all too well)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    We've not heard of this much over here in blighty. Sooo you drink pee is that right?
    If you do indeed get the real stuff, and not a bottle of rubbing alcohol, it has hormone synthesized from the urine of pregnant women.

Drink up! :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    OPEN DISCLOSURE: The wife and I did it, were miserable, lost no weight and threw in the towel. Since then, with MFP, 30+ pounds down.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Hold the phones! You mean to say that allllllllll that ranting you've been doing about how great HCG is and how "Only 98%" of people (a.k.a. the ones against it) have done their research and you haven't even STARTED yours yet? smh....carry on. *sigh*
    You people are so judgmental .......I seriously wonder why. I have been going on and on all week about how I am starting this on Saturday............ You JUST CATCH THAT, TOOTZ??

In 1975, the FDA noted that hCG is not a weight loss drug. In 1995, the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology published a summary of research showing no hCG related weight loss association. The American Society of Bariatric Physicians does not recommend hCG for weight loss as noted in a December 2009 position paper.

Flash forward to 2007 when Kevin Trudeau published his book “The Weight Loss Cure ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About“, in which he concocted a weight loss plan which included hCG injections. Trudeau has no professional training in medicine, health or science. He is widely known as a controversial businessman who has tangled with the law regarding false health claims related to his books and products. You’d think that common sense would dictate running the other way when this guy hawks anything. But, people are desperate and when they are promised rapid weight loss and an end to their misery, they’ll often line up to sign up.

......and you wonder why ppl bash your idiotic diet plan?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    ......and you wonder why ppl bash your idiotic diet plan?

Correction: She hasn't even started this plan she professes to be an expert about the results of. She'll learn.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Some ppl refuse to see the truth. She will learn eventually. Sad though.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Some ppl refuse to see the truth. She will learn eventually. Sad though.

Agreed. Trying to convince people about HCG is like this:
    thewall01.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight.

You may be eating food.. but it's not a whole lotta food.. so I hope you don't plan on exercising cause you will pass out.

Plus I eat starches, a serving of ice cream and snacks that fit i my calories and I'm 3 pounds from my goal weight.. didn't hold me back at all.. and there was no crazy low calories or preggo lady pee involved.. whoo hoo!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight.

You may be eating food.. but it's not a whole lotta food.. so I hope you don't plan on exercising cause you will pass out.

Plus I eat starches, a serving of ice cream and snacks that fit i my calories and I'm 3 pounds from my goal weight.. didn't hold me back at all.. and there was no crazy low calories or preggo lady pee involved.. whoo hoo!

I eat pretty much whatever I want to eat in moderation.

I have not only hit my goal weight (150lbs) but I have surpassed it (currently 145ish pounds) and I have maintained it for almost 6 months. I didn't have to inject myself with pregnant woman pee or severely restrict my calories to achieve it either!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

it's not about resriction. i ate according to the plan and worked out at least 30 mins a day. it doesn't make you pass out.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    i did. i did a full round. i was on a modified version of 800/cal a day instead of 500. it was great. since i was very limited on cals i learned to make great choices! i eat veggies way more now and much less carbs. i'm on round 2 now.

down 15 lbs and haven't put any back on. it's been about 8 months
    I think you could do the same without spending the money on HCG. You've done roughly 1.8lbs a month and really that's attainable by just lowering your calorie deficit to -250 a day from your TDEE.

it's not 1.8 lbs a month. a round is 30 to 45 days. i lost 15 lbs in one round. i kept it off for over 8 months without a problem...hence why it says down 15 and haven't put any back one. it's been about 8 months. NOT: it took 8 months to lose 15lbs.
  • CrzyAte
    CrzyAte Posts: 55
    Options
    Notgain.jpg

I think this topic sums it up pretty much.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/338789-looking-for-peeps-who-did-hcg-diet-with-bad-results

By the way, to all the others pouring drinks; make mine a large Irish Whiskey (straight - no mixer, no ice)
    Again thats great but its full of 'this happened to my friend'. I wasnt looking to discuss the dangers. We all know those. I wanted to see personal testimonials about long term sustainability. Which I figured would be few...and are.

So we have one person from the thousands that are on MFP that this has worked for?

Well how about the words of a doctor:

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/12/diet-scam-101-the-hcg-con.html
    (Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP )
    (Sigh) - Im not looking for proof that the diet is bad. Im looking to show someone that its not sustainable. Im not trying to come out and attack people that are doing it. Im trying to convince someone else that this is not the way to go. Can you work with me please?

If this is true and you are ACTUALLY trying to get BOTH sides to the story then go to the threads of the people who are doing it and have been for years and ask them. There is one on here that is friendly or you can try http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/forum.php. The people who have been doing this long enough are tired of the conflict and negativity. The people against hcg take it as a win that only 2 people say they have maintained but nobody else want to be attacked, judged, etc. etc.... dosesr4winners2 has had to repeat that she maintained for 8 months not that it took her 8 months to lose I don't know how many times. So again IF you actually want both sides like you say go to a friendlier place where people will actually fell comfortably discussing it with you.
  • hojod
    hojod Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all! I have never posted on a forum ANYWHERE, but reading everyone's comments made me want to put my two cents in :). I did HCG for 23 days this past month and I just finished. Sure, for a lot of the time I didn't feel hungry. Then there were some times when I felt ravenous. First off, it was incredibly hard at the beginning.... well, throughout the whole thing. You completely change your whole diet. And I might add that you change your diet with foods that are in no way satisfying. Trust me, I was having dreams about pizza and giant sub sandwiches. That being said, I did lose weight. I lost 13 pounds. However, as soon as I got to the end I was thinking all the time about all of the things I wanted to eat. Then I thought to myself "there is no way I'm going to keep the weight off by indulging in all of these things." It made me want to order a whole pizza and eat all of it :(. So I guess what I'm trying to say is at least I have learned something. I will be way more happy in my weight loss journey if I focus on portion control and making smart choices. There is no reason why I can't enjoy the things I love in moderation. I have lost weight in the past by doing this coupled with exercising. (side note: any website that says you will have energy to exercise while on hcg must be crazy... because I had no energy). I guess I was looking for a "quick fix" to my weight issues. In the end, I am 13 lbs less and feeling unsatisfied. So someone please pass me a bowl of sherbet and a vodka tonic with a twist of lemon- I have been waiting for this for 23 days! I just joined MFP and look forward to learning new things and good habits from everyone here!
    (Also, this is not meant as an attack on people who have done hcg and been successful and happy. I have personally seen it work for 3 of my friends. Just not for me.)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the ice cream bashing
    <
    if you ask me ice cream (and wine . . . and reasonable self discipline) looks fawcking awesome
This discussion has been closed.