Did you do the HCG diet?

Options

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the ice cream bashing
    <
    if you ask me ice cream (and wine . . . and reasonable self discipline) looks fawcking awesome

i have totally cut ice cream completly out of my diet and i dont even do hcg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    <
    if you ask me ice cream (and wine . . . and reasonable self discipline) looks fawcking awesome

I have ice cream nearly every day before bed. I just don't eat the whole tub at once.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    <

I have ice cream nearly every day before bed. I just don't eat the whole tub at once.

Why would anyone who is trying to lose weight on any diet eat the whole tub at once? That's incredibly counter productive, and completely lacks anything that would even begin to resemble self control. There's a point when you're eating something when it crosses the line between enjoyable and self distructive.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 pounds on the diet. I am able to maintain when I am not on the losing phase. I've got another 6+ months before I get to my goal, but so far so good without any side effects or bad effects on my health.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight.

You may be eating food.. but it's not a whole lotta food.. so I hope you don't plan on exercising cause you will pass out.

Plus I eat starches, a serving of ice cream and snacks that fit i my calories and I'm 3 pounds from my goal weight.. didn't hold me back at all.. and there was no crazy low calories or preggo lady pee involved.. whoo hoo!

it's not about resriction. i ate according to the plan and worked out at least 30 mins a day. it doesn't make you pass out.

It's not about restriction.. God are you dense.

Hun, your eating 500 calories a day when most of us are eating 1200-2000+ a day. So yes, it is about restriction.. and most people I know, are not working out on this diet.. The exercise you did is very low impact I'm sure. The exercise I'm talking about is high impact cardio and lifting weights.. theres no way, that you can lift weights(and heavy ones at that) on that little calories.
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

thank you!
    i did it myself and it works all i can said, i did de injection and lose pound a day, did not mess my cycle and i am planing to do it again on January...i did it without the excersise so now im at the gym and zumba, i wonder how many pounds i will lose by doing both...
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight.

You may be eating food.. but it's not a whole lotta food.. so I hope you don't plan on exercising cause you will pass out.

Plus I eat starches, a serving of ice cream and snacks that fit i my calories and I'm 3 pounds from my goal weight.. didn't hold me back at all.. and there was no crazy low calories or preggo lady pee involved.. whoo hoo!

it's not about resriction. i ate according to the plan and worked out at least 30 mins a day. it doesn't make you pass out.

Hun, your eating 500 calories a day when most of us are eating 1200-2000+ a day. So yes, it is about restriction.. and most people I know, are not working out on this diet.. The exercise you did is very low impact I'm sure. The exercise I'm talking about is high impact cardio and lifting weights.. theres no way, that you can lift weights(and heavy ones at that) on that little calories.
    when i did it i always feels energy
  • dad106
    Options

You always feels energy huh.. and you've only lost 3 pounds because? Right.. it doesn't work.

Just stick with diet and exercise and slow weight loss.. You'll be much better off.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

some people may need restriction to keep; them focused
  • FairyMiss
    Options

You always feels energy huh.. and you've only lost 3 pounds because? Right.. it doesn't work.

Just stick with diet and exercise and slow weight loss.. You'll be much better off.

how do you know she didnt lose some before she started on mfp???
    my ticker shows a zero loss. because right now i am at the weight i started mfp on

it does not show the 50 pounds i lost before joining this website.

don't judge unless you positivly know ALL the facts
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anybody will really answer that because ...here.... if they do, they get crucified! Seriously! I have spent the last 3 days trying to defend HCG and people have just been wolves! I can handle the put downs and spell checkers ( a/k/a ) people who think they control/ run my diet and life ..... I just move on to the next thread while they are sitting there with their big bowl of ice cream hoping I respond.... I chuckle knowing that too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But, anywho, ask this again in 6 months and I will answer you honestly.... I start my 21 day run tomorrow and I am super excited!!!!! Oh, I wanted to mention that the next 3 weeks, I will be having Special k w/ 1/2 cup of fat free milk for breakfast, for lunch ....I will be having a can of tuna, a cup of fruit ( from a nice list of fruits ), I might add and a cup of greens ( also from a nice list of veggies ) and for dinner I will be having a nice 5 oz. chicken breast along with my cup of veggies and cup of fruit. No starches and sugars on this diet. You introduce them back in to your lifestyle ( slowly ) when you are in a phase 3 of this program. Sort of like introducing almost anything after you get to a goal weight. I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight. Please stop saying that people don't eat on this plan..... once people look in to this, it is actually pretty cool and I kind of chuckle at those of you that really look silly saying that. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

Kind of confused. You said no sugar, but you've got Special K (which has around 3 types of sugars in it), low fat milk (they add sugar to it to make it low fat -- hence all the carbs in milk and none in full fat cream) and two bowls of fruit (again, sugar) and no starches (not sure what your Special K is made out of, but it's a starch).

So how is it no starch & sugar but you're eating all that stuff?
  • jooleeyah
    Options
    People who are on the HCG plan and are very successful will not post here because of the judgement and lack of understanding. It's a waste of time to try and explain this to people who have not done the research on the diet and actually listened to people who have sustained great results. HCG people have their own groups for support and understanding and generally avoid public forums like this.

To all of those who are preaching "It's all about the restricted diet", have you ever tried to eat 500 calories a day and were able to sustain this COMFORTABLY for a long period of time? And wouldn't your body go into starvation mode and STOP losing weight it you were to do so? HCG people have their own forums to discuss their success and ability to maintain their new set body weight after their hypothalamus has been reset. Read the book "Pounds and Inches" written by a doctor to understand.

Visit hcgdietinfo.com to get some accurate detailed information. Their forums are full of people who have achieved and sustained great results over long periods of time complete with pictures.

We are all on a weight loss journey and are trying to get to the same place, how we chose to get there should be free of judgement. It's kind of like religion. I have my way, but I sure has hell don't have any intention in telling you how to live yours.

Peace and Love.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    People who are on the HCG plan and are very successful will not post here because of the judgement and lack of understanding. It's a waste of time to try and explain this to people who have not done the research on the diet and actually listened to people who have sustained great results. HCG people have their own groups for support and understanding and generally avoid public forums like this.

To all of those who are preaching "It's all about the restricted diet", have you ever tried to eat 500 calories a day and were able to sustain this COMFORTABLY for a long period of time? And wouldn't your body go into starvation mode and STOP losing weight it you were to do so? HCG people have their own forums to discuss their success and ability to maintain their new set body weight after their hypothalamus has been reset. Read the book "Pounds and Inches" written by a doctor to understand.

Visit hcgdietinfo.com to get some accurate detailed information. Their forums are full of people who have achieved and sustained great results over long periods of time complete with pictures.

We are all on a weight loss journey and are trying to get to the same place, how we chose to get there should be free of judgement. It's kind of like religion. I have my way, but I sure has hell don't have any intention in telling you how to live yours.

Peace and Love.
    If it's based on health we should support it and not judge it. This isn't a healthy approach. Whether or not you 'feel' hungry is besides the fact that you are still starving your body at 5-800 calories a day. Saying people should support however you want to lose weight when this site is based on a healthy approach is asinine.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

Peace and Love.
    If it's based on health we should support it and not judge it. This isn't a healthy approach. Whether or not you 'feel' hungry is besides the fact that you are still starving your body at 5-800 calories a day. Saying people should support however you want to lose weight when this site is based on a healthy approach is asinine.

i suppose so is the old say if you don't have anything good to day don't say anything
  • killagb
    Options

Peace and Love.

i suppose so is the old say if you don't have anything good to day don't say anything

I suppose I consider it good to let people know they are doing something unhealthy. So I'm going to say something ALWAYS. :flowerforyou: By the way, what you said wasn't "good", so next time think about not being a hypocrite.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

Peace and Love.

I suppose I consider it good to let people know they are doing something unhealthy. So I'm going to say something ALWAYS. :flowerforyou: By the way, what you said wasn't "good", so next time think about not being a hypocrite.

maybe they dont want to hear what you have to say?
  • killagb
    Options
    maybe they dont want to hear what you have to say?
    Then I guess it would suck to be them. Wouldn't it?
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

I haven't called you any names, don't call me dense - if you know everything, why are you still overweight? as i stated before i was on a modified verison from my dr. i was around 800 +/- a day. i've lost over 80 lbs and i know what works for me. i worked out and lifted weights most days, i also walk my dog for about 45 min everyday afterwards (roughly 30 min for other exercises a day b/c i work over 50 hrs and its difficult to find more time w miami rush hour). don't talk like you know everything when you haven't fully read the info provided. i went off the guide book many many times and still continued to lose. the point is it is a great jump start w rapid results. after completing the first round, i am now in the healthy BMI range and i feel great. i speak from results. plain and simple.
  • dad106
    Options

I haven't called you any names, don't call me dense - just b/c you think you know everything. i've lost over 80 lbs and know what works for me. i worked out and lifted weights (roughly 30 mins a day b/c i work over 50 hrs and its difficult to find more time w miami rush hour). don't talk like you know everything. i went off the guide book many many times and still continued to lose. the point is it is a great jump start w rapid results. after completing the first round, i am now in the healthy BMI range and i feel great. i speak from results. plain and simple.

I'm calling it like I see it... and you saying that 500 calories a day isn't restriction, is what I would call dense.

500 calories a day is a restriction.. and a major one at that. if you can't see that, then there is something wrong.

Good luck maintaining, because I can guarantee your going to gain it all back and then some. Rapid results don't last.. but slow and steady does.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I haven't called you any names, don't call me dense - if you know everything, why are you still overweight? as i stated before i was on a modified verison from my dr. i was around 800 +/- a day. i've lost over 80 lbs and i know what works for me. i worked out and lifted weights most days, i also walk my dog for about 45 min everyday afterwards (roughly 30 min for other exercises a day b/c i work over 50 hrs and its difficult to find more time w miami rush hour). don't talk like you know everything when you haven't fully read the info provided. i went off the guide book many many times and still continued to lose. the point is it is a great jump start w rapid results. after completing the first round, i am now in the healthy BMI range and i feel great. i speak from results. plain and simple.

I would like to repeat: ". . . why are you still overweight?" She's 3 pounds from her goal weight of 150 proving that she's done the work. If you're going to stack on a low blow at least make it count.
This discussion has been closed.