Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Sorry I have been kind of hiding lately, it's been kind of crazy the last few days. I've been pretty OK with the scale challenge (because I am going to buy a digital one instead of the crappy dial one I have), but whether I am going to like it on Wed. or not is a different story.:ohwell:

Shuntae :heart:

(Yay for other young'ins! I am 28 myself :bigsmile: )
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    While we're talking about age, I know Nicky, Andrew & Lori are all youngin's too. :wink:

Youngin?! meeeee?!! I dare say that I am a 28 year old man. I am not young I am mature dammit. Mature! Mature! Mature! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well now that I have set you all straight I think I will go find my Binky and take my nap nap.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Morning gang!

Just popping in...im still here! Im trying something different today...im eating half of my workout cals from now on :sad: lets see if that gets the scale moving! If not then i will start a new workout routine after next week. Maybe lifting heavy.

Today is a circuit workout....have a good day!

Sarah-Congrats on your baby's first tooth..she is so ADORABLE!

Samantha-Love the new due girl!

Andrew-LOL at your pic yesterday!

hey to everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    While we're talking about age, I know Nicky, Andrew & Lori are all youngin's too. :wink:

Amanda - the hair is cute!! I love it!

I have been up since 3:45. Z keeps waking up earlier & earlier & it is starting to take a toll on me in the exercise department. I'm not too thrilled with that right now. :grumble:

Sara - Your bean pictures are always too cute. Part of me can't wait for Harley's 1st tooth and part of me is going to miss her toothless grin. So I guess Z-bean is a morning person? :laugh: Sorry, not funny. :noway:

Dave will be 28 in Feb and I'll be 27 in Apr. I tease him for being old. :laugh:

Sam & Amanda - I like the haircuts. Cute!

I put in what I plan to eat today to see if I have to workout. :laugh: I will be over by 24 calories. :noway: Dang it. Well, I better get my butt up and work out then. :grumble: Blah!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Youngin?! meeeee?!! I dare say that I am a 28 year old man. I am not young I am mature dammit. Mature! Mature! Mature! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well now that I have set you all straight I think I will go find my Binky and take my nap nap.

Mature? As I picture you swinging from a produce scale at the grocery store?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What am I if YOU guys are old?????????????????

:angry: :noway: :angry: :noway: :angry:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    can't really remember what my hair looked like in the 80's cause '89 I was 11 :bigsmile: :laugh:

Brat. You and Sara-- bunch of little punks. :grumble: :angry: :mad:

YEAH................what she said!:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    computer error
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    computer error
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey team,

Wow, take a day off and I miss a ton of stuff..

Nicky - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Just worry about yourself for a while. This is a really difficult time, but I know you will get back to it soon. We are here if you need us. ((((((HUGS))))))

Andrew - you crack me up - post often, we all need the laughs!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Marla, punky, and others - sorry about the job woes. It is an impossible market out there. I have a number of friends who have just lost their jobs (pharmaceutical company) - it is nasty. So far, I think I am OK, but in this climate, it may only be for a few months. Hang in there everyone, it has got to get better.

Sam and Amanda - I love your haircuts!! They look so cute, and very flattering. It always takes me a while to like a change..

Sara - sorry about the early mornings. you are not far from a good nights sleep - although if you are anything like me, you will still wake up to check him - it is just so weird when they stop waking up.

Young vs old - I guess technically I fall in the later category, but am hoping that if I refuse to completely grow up, perhaps I will not grow old.. I'll let you know how that goes.

Motivation - I am moving rapidly into whiney-land. Starting to feel like I am working too hard for too little gain (or loss in this case). I know this too will pass - it just s##cks right now.. I'm not ready to bag the whole thing - it means too much to me, so will stick it out. I just need to log in more often and read the great posts to lift my spirits.

Hang in there everyone.. We are still a really strong team, and you are all fantastic..

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Janie - Z is my THREE year old. The baby sleeps from 7:30pm to 7:30am every day. The 2yo sleeps as long as his brother lets him. My 3yo...8pm to 4am. OR 9pm to 4am OR 10pm to 4am. No matter what time he goes to bed...sometime between 4am & 5am is my wake up call. It is awesome. :grumble:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Janie - Z is my THREE year old. The baby sleeps from 7:30pm to 7:30am every day. The 2yo sleeps as long as his brother lets him. My 3yo...8pm to 4am. OR 9pm to 4am OR 10pm to 4am. No matter what time he goes to bed...sometime between 4am & 5am is my wake up call. It is awesome. :grumble:

Sara - OMG, now I get it.. Yup, sounds like you have an early bird.. I would use a stronger word than "awesome" :laugh: :explode: :laugh: :explode:

At least the younger ones give you a break.. sorry sweetie :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I had an interesting night last night, we went to our favorite lil karaoke bar, where nothing ever happens. It is mostly all friends and family members generally there, and we a core group of about 25 or 30 regulars that are pretty close friends. Well last night for some odd reason some really drunk stranger grabbed a chunk of my butt. Not a discriminating brush up against, but a hearty handful. I pretty much saw red :mad: :mad: and gave him a huge push and a healthy kick in the direction of man jewels. Came back at him and gave him the "don't you ever disrespect me" finger in the face speech. Everything was cool, I walked away then glanced back over my shoulder and realized he was slowly being surrounded by angry friends and family. So I went back and saved his slimeball life. LOL. Um, you know 25 lbs ago I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting my butt grabbed. Odd feeling.

So, we go to Denny's last night at 2 am (after a long hard night of Karaoke, we needed sustinence).
    When dining out, to resist temptation I always pull out the trusty internet phone and do some research. After freaking out about the amount of calories in a French Slam, in front of my hubby, the parents AND the waitress, I modestly order a bowl of oatmeal and two pieces of dry wheat toast. Note DRY, no butter, and black coffee. Feelingn GOOOOOODDDDD about my decisions!! So, the waitress brings our food and plops down this beautiful, nutrisious, delish, yummy bowl of oatmeal and this stuff looks like a yellowish oil slick. If I order my toast dry don't you think the waitress would think to tell me they ruin the oatmeal with ten tons of butter?? It was one of those ice cream scooper's full of butter I tell ya! I picked out the golf ball sized plop of butter, dumped the oil slick out on the plate, and blotted away until I found my scrumptious oatmeal underneath. My mom said the look of horror on my face was priceless!!!! I have no idea what kept me from sending it back for a fresh, less greasy bowl. Maybe I had enough confrontation for the evening! LOL

So, anywhoooo that was my less than interesting night.

Lynnie
    Who kicked *kitten* and didn't bother taking names.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Dearest Lynnie who did not take names, but kicked some serious butt,

I am most proud of you for removing that scoop of butter.

I can tell you I worked (for 3 weeks) at Denny's and butter does NOT come on a bowl of oatmeal (I was a breakfast waitress for 10 years and never even HEARD of butter on oatmeal)

That waitress was being a *****. Period. All I have to say.

Jeannie,

Who has been there, done that!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Where I waited tables, butter came with oatmeal ON THE SIDE. WTH wants butter IN their oatmeal? Oh, besides my husband. :laugh: And the guy that grabbed your butt is glad I wasn't with you. Men like that irritate the junk out of me. :mad:

Janie - He's been like that ALL his life. He just recently started taking decent naps (longer than an hour) and that's from pure sleep deprivation. When he was a baby & I was still working, Doug worked nights & it was so horrible I blocked most of it out. He would be up every 1.5-2 hours until he was about 9 months old. I was so freakin' exhausted...and continue to be so. :yawn:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Way to go lynnie - both on the kicking butt and scooping butter out of oatmeal fronts..

Butter in oatmeal - yuck.. made my stomach roll. I have a tendency to overdo the brown sugar - bad me.. - but butter.. :sick: :sick:

sara - I don't know how you do it.. I would be a mess without a full nights sleep. It makes all the progress you have seen all the more impressive.. Hang in there (((((HUGS)))))

jb
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Dearest Lynnie who did not take names, but kicked some serious butt,

I am most proud of you for removing that scoop of butter.

I can tell you I worked (for 3 weeks) at Denny's and butter does NOT come on a bowl of oatmeal (I was a breakfast waitress for 10 years and never even HEARD of butter on oatmeal)

That waitress was being a *****. Period. All I have to say.

Jeannie,

Who has been there, done that!

Come to think of it, and not putting her down at all, but she was pretty overweight and she was giving me the "OMG this girl is a pain in the *kitten*" sneer and eyeroll when I was saying I am NOT going to eat 1360 calories in one single meal! I honestly was surprised I figured they would put ALL the extras on the side. I wasn't being a beech to her, I was just commenting to my mom about the high calorie counts at resturants and how I used to gorge on stuff like that never realizing it is more than I should be eating in a day.

You know it is funny you think when you are overweight that people treat you weird and as soon as you get skinny everything will be PERFECT. Then you start to realize on your journey each size has it's own set of problems. Like when you are big, how to afford a bra for your giant bazookas. Now I am missing the bazookas cause they look like...somebody stuck a pin in Snoopy's nose and let all the air out. That is the only visual I can think of. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Mature? As I picture you swinging from a produce scale at the grocery store?

Well said......You win.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, won't give you any numbers or anything since I don't want to cheat...but let's just say...I am almost at my mini goal of losing 6 pounds by February 12 for my procedure. Yay!

P.S. Jeannie I love your new picture! Looking good!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What am I if YOU guys are old?????????????????

:angry: :noway: :angry: :noway: :angry:

Do I dare say it?!?!?
    (Whispers) ancient :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: