Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Options
    PSH! I'm sick of all the whining! Spend a week in 20 something below with a 40 something below windchill and then complain. :sick:

It's supposed to get to 30 here this week and we consider it a heat wave. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    What's the weather like in Hawaii?

My IL's are going to Hawaii for 8 days, leaving Friday. I'm so jealous. Dave and I are planning on going back for our 10 year wedding anniversary. So I only have to wait...8 more years. :grumble:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Got this challenge figured out. I'll take my scale down to fed ex and ship it to myself with instructions not to deliver until january 27th. Yah yah that will work! Excellent. * evil maniacal laughter

Oh wait.... Then I will spend all day logging into fed ex.com to track my package....need to rethink this.....

I found thsi for your Andrew

smiley-char076.gif

SWEEEET!!!!!!
    smiley-char076.gif
    [/quote]
    smiley-char076.gif
    [/quote]
    smiley-char076.gif
    [/quote]smiley-char076.gif
    [/quote]
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale in our unfinished basement, away from my normal routine. From the beginning, I have told myself that this is a health journey, not a weight loss journey. So, I absolutely only weigh myself once a week. It used to be on Monday, but with BL it is, of course, on Wednesday morning. For me, it is like waiting for Christmas morning. I get up on Wednesday mornings, go to the bathroom, and run downstairs to weigh in. I am grateful that this will be an easy challenge for me, because this last week was hard for me to stay focused. So... if anyone needs to Fed Ex their scales to me for safekeeping...:laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Got this challenge figured out. I'll take my scale down to fed ex and ship it to myself with instructions not to deliver until january 27th. Yah yah that will work! Excellent. * evil maniacal laughter

Oh wait.... Then I will spend all day logging into fed ex.com to track my package....need to rethink this.....

I found thsi for your Andrew

smiley-char076.gif

Jeannie - this is so awesome... :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    What's the weather like in Hawaii?

My IL's are going to Hawaii for 8 days, leaving Friday. I'm so jealous. Dave and I are planning on going back for our 10 year wedding anniversary. So I only have to wait...8 more years. :grumble:

I only have 5! BWAHAHAHA! I'll send you a postcard. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    It's incredible-- Make-a-Wish foundation sent us there back in 2005, all 9 of us at the time, for an all expenses paid trip for 10 days for my daughter who had diabetes. She wished for a "Hawaii Brady Bunch Vacation" for our family-- it was unreal. All of us-- all expenses paid.

We felt undeserving at the time, since we didn't think diabetes was really "life threatening." That was before she was in pediatric intensive care for 3 days last year, in grave condition following a "DKA" episode-- diabetic ketoacidosis. We nearly lost her-- so we didn't feel so bad, in retrospect, accepting the wish.

Later-- the Phantom. :happy:
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love love love this challenge.. i hate my scale.. but I'm on it all day.. I actually keep it in the kitchen!!! hahaha! :laugh: i weigh myself like 3 times a day.. in the morning.. after work and before bed.. :grumble: before bed is always a shocker..:noway: but I usually lose 2lbs overnight!!:happy:

anywhoooo.. thanks for the great idea!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I have almost everyones numbers as soon as I get onto the laptop I will send it out!!!

Edit: it's up and it looks like we won again. We are just waiting for the red team to post and I am waiting on a few more people but that's no different from any other week.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm a little proud of me. I am in week 5, column 3 of the 200 sit up challenge. I did an exhaustion test and I can do 111 consecutive crunches. I also took a deep breath and went to the Y for orientation. Yes it was hard for me to take that step but I did it. Unfortuantly she had to teach a class but we set an appointment for 10 am Saturday morning.
    And I accidently lost a pound this week. :laugh:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all who will be participating. I however know I cant do it.
    I will continue to measure every single thing, and work out 6 days a :drinker: week.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :angry: scale has inched its way into my line of sight.

I shall resist temptation and deliver my self from evil. Slid it back under the bed.walked away. walked back, kicked it with my toe........oh but one toe on scale will not count, will it?

Who will know but me?:ohwell:

Oh, ME!!

Finally the large bright orange STOP sign saying "you promised Amelia" did the trick.:heart:

whew......that was a close one.:embarassed:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm a little proud of me. I am in week 5, column 3 of the 200 sit up challenge. I did an exhaustion test and I can do 111 consecutive crunches. I also took a deep breath and went to the Y for orientation. Yes it was hard for me to take that step but I did it. Unfortuantly she had to teach a class but we set an appointment for 10 am Saturday morning.
    And I accidently lost a pound this week. :laugh:

Lynnie you are kicking those crunches BUTT!! Good for you! Now take us with you to the gym so you wont be alone. I promise you everyone there will be just like you, taking care of themselves so they can be healthier!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lynnie - everyone is there for the same reason. You'll be okay! Just keep telling yourself "doin' it for me...doin' it for me...doin' it for me..." You'll do wonderfully!

Jeannie - LOL I need to put my post it note back on. Zeke took it off this morning...you know...while he was flushing my contacts down the toilet. :mad:

Have good days everyone! I'm probably going to be on "food only" weight loss for the next few days until I can get my new contacts. :angry: My glasses are SO heavy, I hate working out in them. They fall off my face constantly. I've had the dang things since I was 7 & I've NEVER liked to run in them, play tennis in them, basically sweat in them. Yucky! We'll see how I do. I'll try it today, but I make no promises.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ahhhh this is going to be so hard. i like checking it at least every other day :(
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I love love love this challenge.. i hate my scale.. but I'm on it all day.. I actually keep it in the kitchen!!! hahaha! :laugh: i weigh myself like 3 times a day.. in the morning.. after work and before bed.. :grumble: before bed is always a shocker..:noway: but I usually lose 2lbs overnight!!:happy:

anywhoooo.. thanks for the great idea!

Your Welcome :flowerforyou: I know this is hard but we can do it! Its only for seven days guys...and who knows,maybe after seven days you won't have the urge to get on it so often? I almost went with another challenge.....a physical one:bigsmile:

I don't want to get on the scale right now anyway....i had a cheat meal last night because the scale hasn't really been moving like I think it should. I thought I would confuse my body a bit with some food:happy: Lets hope it works:ohwell:

bbl
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I need to put my post it note back on. Zeke took it off this morning...you know...while he was flushing my contacts down the toilet. :mad:

I'm surprised that boy hasn't tried to flush HIMSELF down the toilet! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I need to put my post it note back on. Zeke took it off this morning...you know...while he was flushing my contacts down the toilet. :mad:

I'm surprised that boy hasn't tried to flush HIMSELF down the toilet! :laugh:

Oh, he's next, Lori...he's next.

The "good" news is that I went back up to the bathroom and although he attempted to & admitted to flushing them down the toilet, I found them stuck to the side of it....quite crunchy. I hoped against hope & put them in cleaning solution, took a shower, came out & they were in full form again! I scrubbed the junk out of them (good thing it was in the bathroom I just cleaned last night) and they're fine! Minor miracle, but I'll take it. :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh Sarah, I am so glad that you found your contacts, I am lost without mine and I have glasses also. Hate them!

Marla, Make-A-Wish is a great foundation and I am glad to hear that your daughter pulled through last year. That must have been really scary. Our youngest automatically qualifies for a wish but being 4 years old I have no idea what to wish for her and she doesn't communicate it is a little hard for her to tell me or them.

The weather is awful here too. on the way back from water aerobics it was spitting freezing rain. There is so much ice here, it is hard to get from one place to another. I haven't seen it over 30 for awhile now.

This morning my scale was mocking me, calling my name. I think I should just avoid the room it is in for awhile. That is great because it is in the laundry room, so no laundry for a week. WOO-HOO!!!!

Go get them Team Black!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Alright, team! I'm going to attempt to work out tonight!

That's right! I'm going for it!!!!!

I'm going to clean for 1 hour cuz my house really needs it because I've been out of commission and APPARENTLY, i'm the only one who knows how to clean the kitchen! .. or anything for that matter. (:explode: )

Whew, ok. Gonna do 30 day shred today too. I'm not going to push myself extra hard, I'm just going to do what doesn't hurt, just to get back in the swing of things.

I ate a stupid muffin this morning that ended up costing me 690 freaking calories, but I'm NOT going to go over my calories today since I went SO far over yesterday, so I will be working out. If I have to sit on the couch and do punches for 3 hours, I am NOT going over my calories today. Got it? Good.

Also, I didn't step on the scale this morning! Woohoo!!

I wanted to, but i didn't. Go me. :drinker:

:heart: :heart: