Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :smile: You guys are fantastic. Best therapy ever, and free.

No one said anything about free. :indifferent:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    My kids were on WIC too,when they needed formula...the program is a blessing. With my DH out of work we are on food assistance right now...it too is a huge blessing.

Nicky-((((Hugs))) to you,how frustrating! Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon! I second the suggestion of going to your landlord and demanding money for a hotel.Hang in there!

Marla-Your still doing great..Im sure you will be losing on wednesday's WI. How long have you been on a standstill(notice i didn't say the 'p' word:wink: )

Hey to everybody!

Today is going to be a hug challenge...im doing some weight work and maybe level 1 of thrity day shred so im sure I will be starving by this afternoon:love: wish me luck in not eating those workout cals...if i eat really good,wholesome foods everything should be fine.

bbl:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Nicky baby, so sorry for your loss and the mold-I hope you have spoken with the owner/mgr to have them pay for an apt for you to stay in until the mold is removed.

I was on WIC-not only did we get food, but I learned a lot ABOUT food.

Now for the scale.:angry:

Actually I have made it the entire week and this is making me feel somewhat proud this morning(I know, wrong thread!). 1 more day and I am home free. I have pulled it out, lifted the tape, put it back down and slid the scale back under the bed.

Thanks Amelia!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi and good morning. Off to water aerobics, it is 4:45 am, it that isn't dedicated please tell me what is?:smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi and good morning. Off to water aerobics, it is 4:45 am, it that isn't dedicated please tell me what is?:smile:

Amanda, that is true dedication. Nothing but a fire or natural emergency could get me up before 5 am..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nicky - I agree with everyone else - mold can make you really sick - go for the hotel option.. I really hope your week starts to improve - you are getting hit hard this week. (((HUGS)))

Sam - great workout - you are putting me to shame - again..

Jeannie (and all) great job staying off the scale - it has been challenging!!

Amelia - good luck with the strategy - sounds like a good plan to jump start some real losses this week.

Everyone - keep strong, just one day of no scale left.. Hope we all are huge losers tomorrow. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am home from work this morning with sinus pain. It seems that many around me have colds or sinus infections - weird winter.. Do you suppose I can claim any weight gain (or insufficient loss) on my sinus issues (just kidding)? It's good to dream.. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck with weigh ins tomorrow morning.. :smokin:

janie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I am not putting anyone to shame! I just am farther along. You will get there. I am going to do the teadmill again today. Jog 3 miles and walk backwards at a 10 incline for .100 that is the hard part.
    be back later
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My kids were on WIC too,when they needed formula...the program is a blessing. With my DH out of work we are on food assistance right now...it too is a huge blessing.

Nicky-((((Hugs))) to you,how frustrating! Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon! I second the suggestion of going to your landlord and demanding money for a hotel.Hang in there!

Marla-Your still doing great..Im sure you will be losing on wednesday's WI. How long have you been on a standstill(notice i didn't say the 'p' word:wink: )

Hey to everybody!

Today is going to be a hug challenge...im doing some weight work and maybe level 1 of thrity day shred so im sure I will be starving by this afternoon:love: wish me luck in not eating those workout cals...if i eat really good,wholesome foods everything should be fine.

bbl:smile:

Basically since Thanksgiving on the 'standstill.' I went up 3 over Christmas month, lost 1, gained it back-- nuttin' since-- maddening. I'm thinking about going back on Slimfast for a month or so, jolting the ol' system-- maybe next week after payday.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I am not putting anyone to shame! I just am farther along. You will get there. I am going to do the teadmill again today. Jog 3 miles and walk backwards at a 10 incline for .100 that is the hard part.
    be back later

btw - LOVE the new pic! that hair cut is very flattering on you!

Good morning everyone else! another day of nuttiness around here & the box for my laptop showed up about an hour ago. I'll try to convince dh to wait until tomorrow to ship it out b/c I NEED TO WEIGH IN!!!!

Z's being a nightmare today so pray for everyone's safety. :grumble:

Marla - I think you really need one FULL day of eating crap & not exercising & then get back on the "wagon" the next day. Cookies, cakes, ice cream...I did it & it worked...felt like *kitten* the next day, but it worked! I know you think that was Christmas, but you were still exercising & it was on-going. *hugs* I'm sorry the p-word is treating you so horribly.
  • Marla64
    Options

be back later

btw - LOVE the new pic! that hair cut is very flattering on you!

Good morning everyone else! another day of nuttiness around here & the box for my laptop showed up about an hour ago. I'll try to convince dh to wait until tomorrow to ship it out b/c I NEED TO WEIGH IN!!!!

Z's being a nightmare today so pray for everyone's safety. :grumble:

Marla - I think you really need one FULL day of eating crap & not exercising & then get back on the "wagon" the next day. Cookies, cakes, ice cream...I did it & it worked...felt like *kitten* the next day, but it worked! I know you think that was Christmas, but you were still exercising & it was on-going. *hugs* I'm sorry the p-word is treating you so horribly.

we'll see how it goes tomorrow-- sounds like it may be an idea--
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: You guys are fantastic. Best therapy ever, and free.

No one said anything about free. :indifferent:

:noway: :grumble:
    DARN IT. I knew it was too good to be true.

:smile:

I'm doing better today. Just fyi. They seem to think the mold isn't the toxic kind and the wall with the worst infestation has already been cleared out and repaired (for now). We've decided we're going to move because despite our concerns about the other windows the landlord is refusing to take action. Sooo, putting in applications for new apartments today.

Last night I slept in the living room and for the first time in weeks I woke up without a headache or sore throat!

I failed the challenge spectacularly. :frown: It's the weirdest thing but when I'm stressed the scale is like a comfort mechanism... BUT on the good side I didn't overeat TOO majorly, instead I stood on the scale for hours after work. HAHAHAHA. Okay, not HOURS but...

So a failure and a win all in one. Stress did not make me overeat too much (I ate 1600-1800 cals instead of my usual 1200-1300 for the 2lb loss... so really I'm STILL in a loss margin so it's all good) but stress made me crack and weigh in.

Anyway, when I have access to my room (it's kind of quarantined right now because of the mold cleanup) I'll catch up with the boards but for now I'm at work so can't be on for long. Just enough time to write a mile long post and log my food and poof!

The lady knight is off to conquer the world.

See you guys around! BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES!

Hey, do you ever look at what your maintenance calories will be when you've lost the weight and go :cry:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Nicky - I would totally be moving if i were you too. That's just crappy of them not to do anything about it.

Marla - I agree with what everyone else is saying. Have a complete and total cheat day and then get back on it. :bigsmile:

Everyone else - Great job on this challenge so far!! I broke yesterday. I have no excuses. but I wish I hadn't because it had me up like 3 lbs. but it was at night, after dinner so that's probably why.

Anyway, did 30 Day Shred yesterday for the first time since I hurt my back :sick: i should not have done that. But I burned over 300 calories (i know this thanks to my new HRM!) so that's actually pretty good.

I really need to make myself work out more. I'm so lazy. I just don't want to. Lol.

Anyway, BL tonight but I'm going to try to work out before it comes on because I :heart: Law & Order SVU which is on directly after BL and by the time that's over I'm ready for bed.

Have a great day everyone!!! :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Nicky - I would totally be moving if i were you too. That's just crappy of them not to do anything about it.

Marla - I agree with what everyone else is saying. Have a complete and total cheat day and then get back on it. :bigsmile:

Everyone else - Great job on this challenge so far!! I broke yesterday. I have no excuses. but I wish I hadn't because it had me up like 3 lbs. but it was at night, after dinner so that's probably why.

Anyway, did 30 Day Shred yesterday for the first time since I hurt my back :sick: i should not have done that. But I burned over 300 calories (i know this thanks to my new HRM!) so that's actually pretty good.

I really need to make myself work out more. I'm so lazy. I just don't want to. Lol.

Anyway, BL tonight but I'm going to try to work out before it comes on because I :heart: Law & Order SVU which is on directly after BL and by the time that's over I'm ready for bed.

Have a great day everyone!!! :heart:

almost weighed in today-- but didn't-- fingers crossed for tomorrow-- if there's no loss, I'm puttin' my feet up and sending out for Baskin Robbins and Burger King-- :wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I've used my HRM whenever I work out since I got it. I want to find out what my real BMR is so today I wore it for an hour while I sat here on the computer, holding Harley while she was sleeping. After 1 hour, I burned 68 calories. If I multiply it by 24 hours, it ends up being 1632 calories a day. To lose 1/2 pound per week, I'm supposed to eat 1400 calories (as per MFP). So should I be eating more calories or should I use the HRM when I'm completely still like taking a nap to get a more accurate BMR reading?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    weigh in is tomorrow morning! Don't forget! I think I am going to do an early morning workout instead of tonight. We'll see I might be wanting to workout after BL.
  • Marla64
    Options
    not holding my breath if tonight's tummy is any indication of tomorrow's scale. I won't go into female hormonal talk out of respect for our beloved Andrew-- but, $%#@!, #$@!!, #$@#!!#@ Already!!!

Ahem-- pardon the language-- :wink:

Later dudes and dudettes!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Sam, I love your new pic.

Marla, I am sorry about your tummy issues, it is also that time for me and it is not fair, it was two weeks ago. :noway: I know that won't help the scale tomorrow. :cry:

Sarah, I am going to miss you while your computer is gone. It is not going to be the same without you. Take care and stay strong.

Andrew, I am almost scared to see what the challenge is for next week. I failed this week's challenge miserably. Hoping I can do better next week.

Swam laps for 25 minutes, did water aerobics for 45 minutes this morning, and went for 2.25 mile walk in the snow and fell down. OUCH!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I've used my HRM whenever I work out since I got it. I want to find out what my real BMR is so today I wore it for an hour while I sat here on the computer, holding Harley while she was sleeping. After 1 hour, I burned 68 calories. If I multiply it by 24 hours, it ends up being 1632 calories a day. To lose 1/2 pound per week, I'm supposed to eat 1400 calories (as per MFP). So should I be eating more calories or should I use the HRM when I'm completely still like taking a nap to get a more accurate BMR reading?

I'm not sure. I bet if you PM songbyrdsweet, she'd have some good insight into that. She's had her BMR done professionally a few times (free in her program at school, or so I've read) and might be able to tell you more.

Marla - I'm sorry, sweetie! (Andrew, cover you ears :wink: ) Do you think menopause is sneaking up on you?

Andrew - Get 'em! LOL I kid. I won't be here to do your challenge so I'll be cheering from a distance. Don't know what I'm cheering for, but I'll be cheering! Hope you are well. Haven't seen you in a couple days!

Amanda - Thank you, dear! I'm not too thrilled about it, but the good thing is that I've been doing this long enough that it shouldn't be *too* big of an issue. I'm just going to miss chatting with & cheering on my MFP buddies! :sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Andrew just posted the Week 5 challenge! It comes with a prize! He loves us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38049-black-team-challenge-week-5?page=1#posts-384910
  • Marla64
    Options

I'm not sure. I bet if you PM songbyrdsweet, she'd have some good insight into that. She's had her BMR done professionally a few times (free in her program at school, or so I've read) and might be able to tell you more.

Marla - I'm sorry, sweetie! (Andrew, cover you ears :wink: ) Do you think menopause is sneaking up on you?

Andrew - Get 'em! LOL I kid. I won't be here to do your challenge so I'll be cheering from a distance. Don't know what I'm cheering for, but I'll be cheering! Hope you are well. Haven't seen you in a couple days!

Amanda - Thank you, dear! I'm not too thrilled about it, but the good thing is that I've been doing this long enough that it shouldn't be *too* big of an issue. I'm just going to miss chatting with & cheering on my MFP buddies! :sad:

Yessum, Sara-- I do believe that could be part of it-- stress another major part. Lord knows we have enough of that to last a flippin' lifetime right now.