TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - WEEK 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 5

Place C done
    Water and Food done
    175 crunches
    5 mile jog
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Saptain Jukes you said do crunches instead of walking 5 miles but you never said how many. Can I stop yet my abs are killing me.

LOL!!! Erm..... let me think about this................ YES stop!!!!!!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Challenge for the day...I held a conversation with a person for 9 minutes and 45 sec. who talks non stop and laughs a lot! We talked about shoes and purses!! Afterwards she said thanks for taking time to talk to me, I said the same back to her!
    Cool challenge!!! LIKE!
    Lovely Jae!! A true AOK :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    I talked w/ a guy from our "Help Desk" at work while his systems were trying to figure out the problems on my end! LOL, we talked about how lucky I am to only have to work until 11:50 on Fridays...he made it VERY clear he was jealous of that (as he was working a 12 hour day today!)... getting outta bed and working in jammies all day...(yeah, jealous even more) It was nice!
    An AOK!!! Fabulous :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    act of kindness : Encouraged a teacher having a difficult time!
    Lovely ! :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Acts of kindness- Signed up for an 5k Alzheimers walk on sunday. Spent time with a friend worried about her chances of getting alzheimers , telling her preventive measures and will sit up tonight to read more about what can be done.
    Amazing :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Today was nice! For the AOK, I had to stop at the grocery store after work, and saw an older woman in a motorized cart, so I asked her if she wanted me to go around with her and help with her shopping. It was a really nice experience, and it was an eye-opening evening for me because of it. (She was/is single and, in my opinion, that's tough because she doesn't have children or an SO to help her out now that she is older. That must be a tough thing. But she has lots of friends and some nieces and nephews nearby.) Thanks for the wonderful suggestion, Jules. What a wonderful challenge. :-D
    A fabulous AOK :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Last night my daughter and I rocked out to my favorite 80s tunes :glasses: ...dancing and singing all over the kitchen! We had a blast! Does that count as my mini challenge?

I will be out and about all day tomorrow, so AOK will not be a problem. Buying apples and going to make apple dumplings...wish you all were closer to me! :ohwell:
    If you dance one more song before end of sat I'll take it!!
    Enjoy your AOK :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 3 - DAY 6

WOWZERS!!! You LOVE fiest wenches rock my boat!!! I am so proud of you :bigsmile:

We are nearly 3/4 of the way threw our challenge!!! GO US!!

Todays challenge -

Plan A (Low impact) – Back to strength training!

3 sets of 15 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, 3 sets of 20 Kicks, 3 sets of 20 Side Bends and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes. Remember to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Plan B (Mid Impact)

3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - but longer!!!

Slow Pushups
    Begin in pushup position on a ball or floor. Perform 4 pushups, abs in and back straight. On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts. Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Plyo-Jacks
    Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while circling arms overhead and land in a squat. Jump up and bring feet back together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Walking Lunge
    Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right leg. Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep front knee behind the toe). Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge. Continue lunging, alternating legs for 60-90 seconds..

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
    Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot. Continue for 2 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and kicks.

Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
    Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing the ball. Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in. Repeat the chest squeezes in and out for 60-90 seconds and stand up.

Ski Jumps
    Stand with feet together. Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically. Land with soft knees and immediately jump laterally to the left. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

March in Place
    Aren't you tired? Take a few seconds to catch your breath.

High Jogs
    Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso level. Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't lower hands!). Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Triceps Dips
    Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips. Lift up and take the hips forward, just in front of the bench. Bend the elbows and lower down until elbows are about 90 degrees. Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat 60-90 seconds.

Pushups/Side Planks
    In pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup. As you come up, shift weight to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank. Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and then twist to the other side. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

AND Week Three Weekly Team Challenge -
    Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

AND walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping

DON'T FORGET YOUR MINI CHALLENGES TOO!!!! :wink:
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I'm taking my weigh-in day today, since I won't be home tomorrow. 239 lbs. So, I'm glad to have lost the weight I gained last week, but was hoping for a little more since I really pushed hard this week. Just gotta keep going now, though!

Happy Saturday! I've got a busy day of rehearsals, a wedding, then a dance lesson. It will be a very musical day. :) Hope everyone is doing something fun or getting in some good rest.

Cheers! Noelle
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Checking in for yesterday....and I will check in for today later! :)

Day 5-

Plan B done, water goal met, 2 miles done, crunches done!

I haven't done my AOK yet...didn't see it till this morning :noway: ...so I am watching 4 kiddies (2 are mine) age 7 and under...If I don't murderize one of them, is that an act of kindness??? LOL! On the bright side, all the little ones wanna dance with me!! :heart:

Have a wonderful Saturday!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Morning all! I'm taking my weigh-in day today, since I won't be home tomorrow. 239 lbs. So, I'm glad to have lost the weight I gained last week, but was hoping for a little more since I really pushed hard this week. Just gotta keep going now, though!

Happy Saturday! I've got a busy day of rehearsals, a wedding, then a dance lesson. It will be a very musical day. :) Hope everyone is doing something fun or getting in some good rest.

Cheers! Noelle

Noelle - 3lbs in one week is an awesome loss!! You should be proud :bigsmile:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    I haven't done my AOK yet...didn't see it till this morning :noway: ...so I am watching 4 kiddies (2 are mine) age 7 and under...If I don't murderize one of them, is that an act of kindness??? LOL! On the bright side, all the little ones wanna dance with me!! :heart:

Sorry - NO!! Not murdering little children is not an AOK!! LOL
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 3 - DAY 6

Plan C - done!
    Under cals - done!
    Water - done!

An extra 20 miles ran (maybe my AOK????)

Mini challenge - loved yesterday so much repeated it and some!!

My AOK? When tidying up my front garden this morning - I got into a conversation with my neighbour and offered to walked her dog!!

(I felt sorry for the poor little mite - so my AOK was really for the dog!!)

:happy:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 3/Day 6
    Plan- done
    Tricep dips, high jogs- done
    Walked- 30 minutes[Jules definetly your 20 miles makes me feel awful , I need to urgently increase my walk/jog everyday]
    Crunches- 100- done.
    Water- done
    Calorie under-done
    Weigh in tomorrow after my 5 k , resisted stepping on the scale today.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday and Sunday.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Scallywag Sherri finally checking in! :flowerforyou:

Thursday & Friday:

Thursday - Cals under, water on.
    Friday - Cals over, water on (I have a hard time not snacking at my part-time Friday night hotel job - this screws me up on Fridays a lot). :cry:

I didn't get my exercises in for either of those days (except for 200 crunches)...so...

Saturday:
    Water on, cals will be under
    Plan B done for Thursday, Friday, AND today (minus miles).
    Remaining 300 crunches - done
    Five song dance off - done

So, if you're still reading...

I owe five miles still, plus either 2 or 4 more from this week (can't remember now) but it's going to be a beautiful day here tomorrow and I'm going to kill all of those miles on my trail (and I'll be breaking in my fancy new running shoes that I bought today).

Also - I was out running around/shopping earlier today, and actually looked for an opportunity for my AOC but never found one. I'll get this in tomorrow too, even if I have to kiss a stranger! :smooched:

Signing out for now - it's wine time! :drinker:

OH!!! I almost forgot...cigs...still a big fat honkin' zero. :smokin:
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    More then likely will not be back on tonight so I'm posting early

Week 3/Day 6
    Plan B - done
    Calories - Under (or will be once I've had my supper)
    Water - Over (will be have 1 more glass to drink)

Tried to Dance with the little me but no way on my foot, I tried.

RAOK did 2 today actually stopped at the grocery store and bought a big bag of dog food and one of cat food and dropped it off at the local animal shelter then took the 2 kids to one of the local senior centers and had a nice visit with a great bunch of retiree's that don't get many vistors. So had a wonderful day with the kids. Awesomer and wonderful AOK ladies, its been an amazing month so far with a group of special ladies.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cals under
    H2O 64 oz
    Exercise done! ....Phew! finally caught up!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Awesome AOKS!! WTG!

Week day 6 Plan B done! Walked 2 miles
    Water over
    Cals under
    Total crunches 505!
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm loving eveyone's AOKs - very cool stuff!

I'm "resting" today, other than the dancing, so I'll be getting in the last day's workout and the remaining crunches tomorrow.

Good on cals and water today, but had to skip out on the choir rehearsal lunch in order to survive. They ordered pizza, so I walked outside and ate a banana and a granola bar because I knew I was going out to eat later. Interesting how I am learning to make choices or "deals" to get through the day and stay within calorie ranges. Before MFP, I wouldn't even have paused when the pizza arrived. Yeah, it's lunch and it's pizza and I'm going to have even more delicious food later tonight...and I would never have considered the impact of two meals out in one day (at least in this case). So, I guess that means I'm learning. :-D