Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Scars are tatoos with better stories.

What's yours?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A hernia operation and like I told you in person...no you cannot see it.
  • jollyholly1024
    jollyholly1024 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    on my arm there is a scar from getting burned on an oven that kind of looks like the dark side of the moon. Other arm there is a scar from falling into the road at a jimmy buffet concert... hmm ive got lots lol what are some of yours?
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was 5, my mother said "stop scratching, it'll leave a scar". Oh, but I scratched. I have a chicken pox scar now that will always remind me that my mother was right . . . and even if I wasn't reminded by the scar, I occasionally hear "remember I told you not to scratch it?"

Emergency surgery scars are my battle scars.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    A girl shut my middle finger in her locker in middle school. Haha.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't good - skin cancer removal scars - up to 4 :(

Now I'm looking around my body for a good scar story............dammit - none.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Nothing amazing... mostly from falling off my bike. I have some from getting a cat off a roof, but they are really pale now.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My ex had burns scars running from his entire neck down to just below his rib cage, down both his arms, on one of his hands. Not to mention all the scars on his legs from where they took grafting skin. I ****ing loved his scars. They're hot.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    me and my son both have a chicken pox scare above our left eye.. so crazy.. but i have one on my chest my son father scratched me when we were at the beach.. but i got my son the following year on his stomache.. yup he is such my mini me..
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im accident prone so I have a few!
    Left hand, middle finger. Scar up the side of my finger from a surgery. Broke it doing a back handspring at cheer camp. It was all sideways and shoved into my hand. Nice!
    Scar on my left wrist from jumping off a swing and getting caught.
    I have a scar on my left shin from getting kicked with cleats in soccer practice when I was too cool to wear shin guards.
    I have a bunch of little ones on my right foot - dropped a bottle of booze and it shattered and cut my foot pretty good.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    One main "surgical" scar on the inside of my left elbow where they fiddled around with my Ulnar nerve.

One small scar on my thumb from a very hot frying pan when i was around 12.

Lots of scars on both arms between wrist and elbow on the top side from the summer of '92 when i self-harmed. Thankfully hair and freckles covers most of them :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my finger from slashing it with a box cutter. One in my arm from 3rd grade from being stabbed with a pencil and the lead is still there. Multiple small burn scars from fire knife spinning when I danced in a Polynesian group.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my arm from where a guy broke a beer bottle in a bar fight, when he spun around it gashed me. A girl getting slashed in a bar fight ends a bar fight.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Just one, really, from gallbladder removal.
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

What's yours?

Firstly...love the pic and loved the movie....scars...one on my shoulder from when I was a kid and got my imunizations .... one on my left knee rom sliding in he long grass at the age of 12 and finding a piece of glass..... 3 overlapping scars on my lower ab from 1) illness and 2) the birth of my first daughter 3) repairs to my plumbing after the birth of my second daughter....then all the small scars on my face from a bad relationship.....oh ya and numerous ones on my hands from knives and one from and adz while I was pealing a log
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I used to be a cutter when I was 15-18 I used to cut my left wrist and arm. I still have the scars but I refuse to get a tattoo just because its a reminder I guess. When I drive and people see my left arm I tell them I use to cut myself but I no longer do it. I was ashamed of it but I didnt know God back then I was lost depressed and angry.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have an L shaped scar on my chin from blunt force trauma.
    My brother and I were in middle school and he was hitting lightning bugs with a baseball bat (we thought it was cool that it made them glow really brightly right after they died... did I mention we were in middle school?) Anyways, I was standing just about in the right spot behind him so that he caught me at the end of his swing with the bat tip. I was really lucky that nothing was broken and he didn't hit any part of my teeth. I am pretty sure he still feels guilty about it though, he mentioned it in his speech thanking his family when he got married :-P
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ruptured appendix
    fun times...
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have a scar that goes from one side of my bottom lip down towards my chin for which I needed 12 stitches. I was trying to rescue a cat from a dog and bent down to pick her (the cat) up.

The cat seeing this as beneficial to her predicament allowed me to pick her up but then proceeded to use my face as a ladder by firmly planting a hind claw in my lip and launching herself skywards and thus accessing the lower branches of the tree behind me.

The dog just stood there and laughed at me.

My mum nearly fainted when a complete stranger rushed in the house carrying her 9 year old, bleeding, daughter in his arms.

God bless Bert (the crane driver) who was working on the building site nearby and had spotted the incident from his cab and rushed to my rescue. Awwwww.

My friend, who owned the cat, who was called Ginger, promptly renamed her Tiger and whenever I went around to the house my entrance would be greeted by her shouting " Go get her Tiger" Arrrrggggghhhh :mad:

I sometimes tell people I was glassed in a bar fight LOL
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I also have scars from 2 C-sections (9+ pounders) and an appendectomy (old school style).
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have 4 scars from TATTOOS.

I just blew your mind, didn't I?