Scar Talk

Options

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have a chicken pox scar on my forehead from when I was 5. Also a small scar on my left thumb from changing out the garbage. It spilled out, and I was putting stuff back in the bag and sliced my thumb open on a cat food lid.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i have a long scar between my middle finger and the finger closest to the pinky on my right hand i slipped on some snow and ice and fell and broke my fall on a nice little wire fence the kind u put around flowers and it sliced right through my hand (it was hidden under the snow so i did not even know what happened at first) and then i have scar from my 2 c sections. Oh and a couple on my hands one i have no idea how i got it and another from breaking a glass in my hand putting dishes and cups away.
  • magz_weltha
    Options
    A nice sized scar on my left temporal area of my forehead from a car accident when I was 16 years old. The damage was really deep and the nurses could see my skull, but two surgeries (essentially facelift surgeries) later it's just a little 2 inch line. I use to hate it, but I'm really learning to love it...Although, I still dont love that it lifts my left eyebrow! Haha! Nice topic!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Scar on my left middle finger from breaking up a dog fight

Multiple scares on both of my wrists/forearms from saving my cat from getting eaten by my dog.

Scar on my left wrist that makes it look like i tried to kill myself but in reality when i was 5 my brother had his foot in a window that was open and it fell and when I pulled it up so he could free his foot I couldn't hold it up and it fell onto my wrist..

5 inch scar on my left ankle/calf from jumping out of a barn loft onto a trampoline and landing on my foot, resulting in 2 breaks and dislocating my ankle.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness. I'll start with the ones that happened when I was youngest.

3 yrs-left cheek-5 stitches. I was throwing a tantrum a wee too close to a glass coffee table.
    6 yrs-right thigh-3 long scars. I was running and tripped over a palm frond when I wasn't supposed to go that way.
    6 yrs-right hand-1 scar. My sister hit me with a big metal dog comb.
    7 yrs-left eye-1 deep scar. My sister hit me with a shovel, damn near took my eye. My sister is a *****. -.-
    9 yrs-left wrist-4 scars. Bit by stoopid cat.
    12 yrs-right ankle-1 long scar. My dog wrapped her wire leash around my ankle and then ran.
    13 yrs-left thigh- 2 scars. I cut myself with a box cutter.
    14 yrs-bottom of right foot-1 scar. Stepped on a piece of glass.
    17 and 18 yrs-top of right *kitten* cheek-1 really ugly scar. Surgery.

Oh goodness.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    At least two, one my fault and one I didn't have a choice..

1) Left thumb knuckle, while holding a golf ball and trying to slice it open with a knife to see what's inside..I was about 10 -11 years old. Dang those things can be slippery!

2) Circimcision...I couldn't walk for almost a year! :bigsmile:
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Scars on my face from headbutting a windshield during a head-on collision 3 mos after I turned 16. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.

Scar on my arm from baking a pizza while drunk.

Scar on my other arm from trying to iron a shirt - now I always use the dry cleaners or wear wrinkled clothes :)

Scars on my hands from random cuts and scrapes, including one on my thumb that is 4 yrs old and still feels numb. Probably should've gotten that one stitched up.

Scar on my foot from broken glass.
  • hayskylar
    Options
    Scars on my right shoulder. Went down a flight of steps and shredded my labrum up. They had to put it together and reattach it to my bone. Got the surgery a few months ago and hoping it gets better soon.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    All my scars say are"Look how many times i took special trips to the hospital over and over. Look how many scars i have from sickness instead of falling from a tree or jumping off a bed".
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    c section scar, right wrist from carpal tunnel release, 5 incision scars from my lap band, knee scar from bike crash as a child
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    my brother told me to collect newspaper money from his friend's house, knowing quite well that the dog there was aggressive.

After I got bit, he told me I had rabies.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Was out working a thoroughbred when it tripped and we both fell, the horse just had to land on me of course. Got up and got back on, then realized I'd split my helmet in half, dislocated my jaw, broke my foot and ripped my bottom lip almost completely off. Have a nice big horizontal scar halfway down my chin now :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Scar on little finger on left hand...It was cut on a rusty gate hinge what I was about 10 or 11......

Hyster scar......

Small scar just above right elbow where I scraped it on a part of a window.....
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my neck and left arm from a fall I took through a window! On my neck I had almost hit my jugular *sp* vein & I had 16 stitches on the inside and 18 on the outside and a couple down my forearm. My brother & I were messin around n I fell went to catch myself with my arm & it was a window & it broke and I fell down on it! It was very scary but funny story since I was fine lol
    Plus I have a scar on the out side of my left knee looks kinda like a catapiller its from when I was small I was climbing on an old air conditioner and caught my knee on a sharp corner of it & it sliced into my skin...the scar looks kinda big for not having stitches but I was so little I barely remember it lol
    Plus I view all my stretch marks as scars they r from my pregnancy 11 yrs ago... we moms just love our kids but hate what it does to our bodies! Lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I also have a large keloid scar on my chest from laproscopic heart procedure that didn't heal well. (I hate this one).

I have one too, but not from surgery. When I was 7 years old, my brother, sister, cousins, and I were playing in an old, abandoned house. My brother and one of our cousins locked the rest of us inside the house, but we managed to escape. Then my brother went in, and I locked him in. I was standing in front of a window, laughing at my brother, and he punched out the glass. A piece hit me in the chest, and now I have a keloid scar there. I have been extremely self-conscious about it my whole life, and I'm still pretty emotional about it. It seems silly to a lot of people, but for a girl to have a scar like that on her chest is a big deal.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Was out working a thoroughbred when it tripped and we both fell, the horse just had to land on me of course. Got up and got back on, then realized I'd split my helmet in half, dislocated my jaw, broke my foot and ripped my bottom lip almost completely off. Have a nice big horizontal scar halfway down my chin now :)

Wow, mad respect, I had no idea you were such a badass.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    right shoulder, multiple pacemaker surgeries.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

What's yours?

I wish my scars had interesting stories. C-sections, surgeries, and teenage stupidity account for most of them.

I have one on my right knee from a nasty bike riding accident when I was 5 (although I thought it was cool, because I got to be in a wheelchair for a few weeks)

One on my foot from a kitchen knife accident a few years ago Although that also falls in the "stupid" category, because I am terrified of feet and I would not let my husband take me to the ER.