!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    its finally here YAY!!!

YES!!! let's SHRED!!! :laugh:
  • nibbles40
    Options
    hello shreaders, i started shreding this morning, and must say loved it, come on we can do this as a team, can't wait to start seeing results , i done my shreading as soon as the little darling went to school, then headed to the local gym for pump fx, to my surprise the instructer is on holiday so they decided to do a circuits class instead OUCH did that work the abs legs ect, but what a buzz i got once i had finished. i will post my goals later, :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • christymarie214
    christymarie214 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shredders! I started mine yesterday since for some reason I thought yesterday was the 17th- oops! I have already done mine early this morning and I think I will take pics and measurements later tonight. I will be doing my normal workout with the 30DS for maximum results! Please feel free to add me other shredders!
  • jaavant
    Options
    Day 1 done! I made it through it for the most part, as much as I could with my 3 year old "helping" me. I had to rest a bit here and there and the bicycle movement in the last ab workout was hard for me. I had a hard time holding my legs up to do it. The base of my spine hurt after the ab workouts too. It hurts when I lay flat on the floor so those exercises slow me down. The past couple of times I've attempted the shred I've always had a hard time doing those workouts because of the pain. It's funny that the parts that are supposed to hurt, that I'm supposed to be exercising, aren't what's hurting me and slowing me down. It's other parts of my body that are. That kind of sucks :(

I do have to say though, the first time I attempted the shred (a couple of months ago) it was when I decided to get off my fat butt and finally start exercising and it KILLED me. I couldn't even make it through a set of jumping jacks. I started C25K (I'm in week 4) and noticed that the shred was much easier this time around. I can get through the entire cardio circuit now without stopping.
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm done too - I've done the shred before so am starting at level 2. Set my alarm early and got my workout done before the day began properly! I need to eat clean while I'm shredding or it won't be worth it! Thanks for encouraging us all Mel! xxx

Well done Tor!! I'm very impressed with this forward thinking!!
    I haven't been quite as early to start but I will get there today I promise!!

I'm glad to be here to support you all, plus it means I can't duck out of it either!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi all,
    I started yesterday, since I already know I may have to miss tomorrow...and I want to do the full 30 days!
    This is my very first time, and doing it yesterday and today means I am hurting like crazy...I know exactly which muscles I've worked out, cos I can sure feel them!! I have a feeling I'm going to be on Level 1 for quite a while! :-)

I'm also planning to continue with C25K...I've been a bit hit and miss with it, but hopefully, the shred will help motivate me a bit more. My eating plan is pretty solid, so while I'm not doing this to achieve a massive weight loss, I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs before Christmas.

Looking forward to hearing how you're all doing...it's great to have support!

Well done for getting started already, I like this organisation!! Get it done early if you think you may miss one!!

Good plan!!

I have done the C25K and LOVED it, it is an amazing plan, I really hope you will stick to it, it will work for you if you allow it to :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm hoping to get my DVD this week! :( I'm going to do a bootcamp dvd tonight to make up for it! :)

Well done for doing something else while your waiting for your dvd to turn up...

I had a thought, you may be able to find the shred level 1 on youtube?
    I'm sure I have seen it there, it may be in several pieces but still might be do able while you wait for your copy to arrive!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Day One, level one, 5lb wts: completed!

YAY well done!!!

:happy:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I killed it today. Was tough but I loved it and I feel fantastic. It's 14:00 here and normally I have a bit of a dip in energy levels by now but alas.. this is not happening. I feel fantastic. It's the best. Why doesn't everyone do this? :)

Well done, I like this attitude!!

I have to get off my butt and do my shred now!! Everyone putting me to shame!!! :laugh:
  • melgibson
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE, I'm on day 10-level 2, I found level one to be very boring. So as soon as the soreness went away I moved on to level-2. I WILL BE HERE FOR A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a little freak out, Gain gain weight when I first started, now I'm back to where I was. My legs feel sooooooooooooo heavy right now, Can't wait for this part to be over, But new pants I recently bought are already feeling loose. THANKS TO ALL THE FOOD DAIRY CHECKERS-I REALLY NEED THIS!!!

Sounds like your making great progress, well done to you. Keep up the good work!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    hello shreaders, i started shreding this morning, and must say loved it, come on we can do this as a team, can't wait to start seeing results , i done my shreading as soon as the little darling went to school, then headed to the local gym for pump fx, to my surprise the instructer is on holiday so they decided to do a circuits class instead OUCH did that work the abs legs ect, but what a buzz i got once i had finished. i will post my goals later, :heart: :flowerforyou:

Fab to hear you got right on with it and then more at the gym too, this is impressive!! '

I must get cracking myself, time is ticking away and I will run out of time if I'm not careful :huh:
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Hi Gang!

I'm up to L1D5 but have had to take a day off due to illness :(

I'm loving it though - and having been to the doctor today and found out that I need to lose MORE weight, I'm even more committed! I was aiming for 154 lbs and I'm now aiming for 147lbs. It's doable, I'm not getting discouraged!

My aim is to lose weight without hitting scary starvation mode and losing too much, so I'm having to make myself eat all my calories so I need you all to make sure I don't come in under!!!

I'm hoping to be back on it in the next couple days - I'll be adding some of you, feel free to add me if you want!!

Lets do this guys - we can do it :)
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi fellow shredders! I started mine yesterday since for some reason I thought yesterday was the 17th- oops! I have already done mine early this morning and I think I will take pics and measurements later tonight. I will be doing my normal workout with the 30DS for maximum results! Please feel free to add me other shredders!

Wow started a day early!!!

Great to hear your doing ok with it, lets do this thing!!!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    MEL :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR! You deserve some BIG LOVE for being such a dedicated amazing friend to us and spending so much of your time and putting in so much effort to help your friends achieve their goals as well as your own. You truly are amazing and I love you! As do alllllllllllllllllll of the other (150+! WOW!) guys and girls on here! Such a star! :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

I cannot wait to start the shred tonight! I have don’t it before but not for almost a YEAR! Wowza! I think I am definitely going to take measurements now and at the end and also take a picture of my belly, arms and thighs if I am brave enough and then compare at the end! I promise I won't upload the before pictures if they're too scary...haha!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I look forward to speaking to you all throughout the 30 Days!

Feel free to add me fellow shreddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimi :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Day 1 done! I made it through it for the most part, as much as I could with my 3 year old "helping" me. I had to rest a bit here and there and the bicycle movement in the last ab workout was hard for me. I had a hard time holding my legs up to do it. The base of my spine hurt after the ab workouts too. It hurts when I lay flat on the floor so those exercises slow me down. The past couple of times I've attempted the shred I've always had a hard time doing those workouts because of the pain. It's funny that the parts that are supposed to hurt, that I'm supposed to be exercising, aren't what's hurting me and slowing me down. It's other parts of my body that are. That kind of sucks :(

I do have to say though, the first time I attempted the shred (a couple of months ago) it was when I decided to get off my fat butt and finally start exercising and it KILLED me. I couldn't even make it through a set of jumping jacks. I started C25K (I'm in week 4) and noticed that the shred was much easier this time around. I can get through the entire cardio circuit now without stopping.

Well I'm proud of you for fighting through it.
    Sounds to me like you need to do this. Some yoga or soothing stretching may also help you but as you say you have seen an improvement since doing the C25K I would guess that you were just out of condition, even though this may be tough for a while I think you should stick to it and see how you go, just take your time and if you need to pause then do, I think after a while you will see some serious improvements and will feel much better for sticking to it, these things do take time and I think you will be ok if you hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi Gang!

I'm up to L1D5 but have had to take a day off due to illness :(

I'm loving it though - and having been to the doctor today and found out that I need to lose MORE weight, I'm even more committed! I was aiming for 154 lbs and I'm now aiming for 147lbs. It's doable, I'm not getting discouraged!

My aim is to lose weight without hitting scary starvation mode and losing too much, so I'm having to make myself eat all my calories so I need you all to make sure I don't come in under!!!

I'm hoping to be back on it in the next couple days - I'll be adding some of you, feel free to add me if you want!!

Lets do this guys - we can do it :)

Sorry to hear your under the weather :cry:
    I think a few days rest will do you good and you can rejoin us fighting fit!!

See you soon, get better quickly :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    MEL :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR! You deserve some BIG LOVE for being such a dedicated amazing friend to us and spending so much of your time and putting in so much effort to help your friends achieve their goals as well as your own. You truly are amazing and I love you! As do alllllllllllllllllll of the other (150+! WOW!) guys and girls on here! Such a star! :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

I cannot wait to start the shred tonight! I have don’t it before but not for almost a YEAR! Wowza! I think I am definitely going to take measurements now and at the end and also take a picture of my belly, arms and thighs if I am brave enough and then compare at the end! I promise I won't upload the before pictures if they're too scary...haha!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I look forward to speaking to you all throughout the 30 Days!

Feel free to add me fellow shreddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimi :heart: :heart: :heart:

MY DARLING MIMI!!!! :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:

So good to see you here!!

I'm excited we will be shredding together!!

I can't wait to get started, things have been a bit slow with my exercise plan lately, no real direction and keep finding myself putting it off.

NOT ANYMORE!!!

We can do this together, such a massive group of shredders surely means success for all!!!

Can't wait to see how you do tonight, I'm sure we will rock this!!! :flowerforyou:

PS, I love you too xxxx :love:
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 30DS with all of you Day 6 of Shred for me :) I'm a stay at home mom most days but I work about 10 days a month and will have to make do with hotel gyms and doubling up a couple of days. Today's shred will be coming during baby's afternoon nap. I don't know any of you, but I'm accountable to all of you. I think I may have to up my weights....ekk!
    Happy Shredding!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Day 1 of 30DS with all of you Day 6 of Shred for me :) I'm a stay at home mom most days but I work about 10 days a month and will have to make do with hotel gyms and doubling up a couple of days. Today's shred will be coming during baby's afternoon nap. I don't know any of you, but I'm accountable to all of you. I think I may have to up my weights....ekk!
    Happy Shredding!

Good to hear your are still at it!! The extra days will benefit you I am sure!!

I'm sure you will know a lot of us very soon, we are all here for you too!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well my lovely shredders!!!

I have shredded!! My arms are shaking slightly so I know I have done well!!

I used the bigger weights nearly all the way through the weighted parts and the smaller weights on the bits with no weights, even warm up!!

Only bit I couldn't do with the bigger weights was the second lot of side lunges, the moves on the arms with big weights is tough but I managed the first set, just about, I will build up to this over the coming weeks and will be doing all with big weights by the end. I also only managed 1.5 sets of the full push ups before giving in and finishing with girly ones!!

I'm shocked as I could do these before so it goes to show what happens when you ease off of exercise!!!

Either way I'm proud of my efforts and I am feeling great for doing it, my first proper workout besides running in weeks!!!

I will do an ab workout later and arm weights, and maybe get my first run in this week this afternoon, shall see how much time I have, I need to clean the house as have lots of people coming here tomorrow for my son's birthday party!!!

Get shredding everyone!!!!

<<<OK>>>

My start weight: 109.0lbs

Have not measured yet but will do that tomorrow or later tonight!!!

Good luck today everyone, I will check in on you all later on!!! :drinker:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: