• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    troll-kitteh.jpg

Oh look! A kitty!!!! :love:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    But he's not obese. He is 6'1" 190 lbs, that is teetering between healthy and overweight. Hence why I said to not have more than 1000 deficit.:wink:

Wow, that is some messed up numbers to put 190 for 6'1 within an overweight category. Being 6'1 and currently at 188lb, I am skinny enough to hula hoop thru a cheerio! To each their own I guess...

My bf is extremely high. I don't have genetics like you do.

150 lbs is the very lowest for you to still be healthy. Regardless of your body fat. You should really be focusing on building muscle if your body fat percentage is to high. Your body will still burn through the fat that you have to help make the muscle. You can't build new muscle in a calorie deficit so I think you might be going about this the wrong way.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    keto diets have no metabolic advantage...
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    But he's not obese. He is 6'1" 190 lbs, that is teetering between healthy and overweight. Hence why I said to not have more than 1000 deficit.:wink:

Wow, that is some messed up numbers to put 190 for 6'1 within an overweight category. Being 6'1 and currently at 188lb, I am skinny enough to hula hoop thru a cheerio! To each their own I guess...

This makes some since to me. I do lift weights to keep muscle. So I should just eat more? Do you mean I should eat at what my bodymedia tells me I burn?
    My bf is extremely high. I don't have genetics like you do.

150 lbs is the very lowest for you to still be healthy. Regardless of your body fat. You should really be focusing on building muscle if your body fat percentage is to high. Your body will still burn through the fat that you have to help make the muscle. You can't build new muscle in a calorie deficit so I think you might be going about this the wrong way.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Posters,

We had a bit of a trolling issue this morning, and a lot of the debate in this thread seems to have been provoked by someone who was essentially working hard to stir debate for its own sake. If you'd like to begin another legit debate on the nature of carbs, please start another thread. I'm going to lock this one down, since it's been pretty badly polluted.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.