Catch phrases that annoy you....

Options

Replies

• BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    "Hot Mess" way overused, and kind of stupid.
    "Tough pill to swallow" - Just kind of lame
    "Chillaxing" - Just plain annoying
    "EPIC". *Sigh* I hate this word.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    "AMAZING"

Everyone seems to have an AMAZING husband or an AMAZING kid... or that meal was AMAZING... drives me bonkers.
    Amazing= Causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing. Really? 'cuz it was just a fried egg and toast...

another is "ABSOLUTELY" just say " yes..." people!!!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    "It's all good".....makes me wanna slap someone....seriously-hard.

You can slap me in the face, It's all good, I wont hate you...I do say that a lot, but I am pretty sure now I will be ducking and defending just incase you are around to hit me!! haha and I am pretty sure I will think about not saying it before I say it....
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    'everything is everything' like...seriously. wtf does that even mean?

'it is what it is' i HATE when my boyfriend tells me that when we're fighting

'just fyi' they OVERUSE this one at work so horribly. and sometimes it doesn't even apply...
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The use of the word "journey"...unless you are about to embark across country in a covered wagon.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

'just fyi' they OVERUSE this one at work so horribly. and sometimes it doesn't even apply...

"Just FYI" drives me to the point of wanting to punch someone lol It gets so over used at work and majority of the time it doesn't apply.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    "Needless to say..."
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dinner like a Pauper"

Totally, totally false....
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

"Just FYI" drives me to the point of wanting to punch someone lol It gets so over used at work and majority of the time it doesn't apply.

lmao exactly.

another one that irks me is 'in my opinion/ in my honest opinion'...of COURSE it's your opinion. that's why YOU are saying it..LMAO don't even get me started..
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    anything with the term "burning platform"

which usually require a "tiger team" to do something
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    'crazy like a fox'...stop it. stop it now.
  • binary_jester
    Options

lmao exactly.

another one that irks me is 'in my opinion/ in my honest opinion'...of COURSE it's your opinion. that's why YOU are saying it..LMAO don't even get me started..
    I think "honest" opinion gets me. Like a have a whole slew of dishonest opinions?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Thing is, that one is justified in some cases. I could say "breakfast sucks" like it's a fact. Saying "In my opinion" means i dont consider it a "fact", its just how i feel about it.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day". It didn't bother me so much until my ex got me into Jersey Shore (something I'm still cursing him for). That's like half of the show..just "at the end of the day" all the time.
  • SaltAnAtlas
    SaltAnAtlas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    'MY BAD' :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

oops. i know, don't get so worked up over mere words. my bad :laugh: :ohwell:
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    The use of the word "journey"...unless you are about to embark across country in a covered wagon.

Yes! I only signed up 2 months ago and I swear I'll never use that word again after seeing the constant use it gets on here!
  • SaltAnAtlas
    SaltAnAtlas Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I feel like you are entitled to say it as much as you like if you are Steve Perry...
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

What do those phrases even mean?? I think I need to form a tiger team to find out!
  • binary_jester
    Options

What do those phrases even mean?? I think I need to form a tiger team to find out!
    Tiger team = Thundercats
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    Any use of the word "Peeps" that is not in reference to little marshmallow ducks makes me want to punch babies.