• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    "we'll see"
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    "we'll see"

I hate that one because I have a friend that says "will see".
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "Epic." It wasn't even cute when people started using it, and it definitely isn't now. Unless you are referring to The Odyssey or The Illiad, that **** is NOT "epic."

My dear lord, thank you soooooooooooo much for bringing this up. I actually had a conversation about Homer with someone and referencing Epic. A NIGHT OF DRINKING AND STAYING UP UNTIL 6 AM IS NOT EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, thanks! Ok, also sick of "just saying", "not gonna lie", "awkward".....please bury them people. They are lame phrases that EVERYONE uses, so it's not funny. For the love of Pete, be creative! Make up your own! Stop! Stop! Stop!

I really needed this, if you can't tell!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken down and may be used as evidence against you in a court of law"

Why can't they come up with something original for a change?

Thats constitutional, they have to say it word for word
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "it is what it is" is annoying to me, but I hear it so much I've started using it...which is even more annoying!
    I have a restraining order
    I'll call the police

I hate those.

LMAO
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken down and may be used as evidence against you in a court of law"

Why can't they come up with something original for a change?

Thats constitutional, they have to say it word for word
    Damnit...the sarcasm font is broken again. MIKE!
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "Get 'er done."

Even if you pronounced the words correctly, as in "get HER done", why is everything that you're doing referred to as a HER??
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    I have a coworker that says "bad deal" constantly. As in, "That's just a bad deal," etc.

I want to murder someone every time I hear the words "*my bad*" come out of someone's mouth.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    "that said"
    "just sayin"
    "at the end of the day"
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's not a verbal phrase but rather a phrase people use online...

SMH

I hate that!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    The #1 on my list is:

"Same difference" WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all.

I also have a co-worker that can't say "specific", instead says "pacific". We're not talking about a damn ocean.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    "Fast and furious" as business speak. I heard it again today when my boss was talking about our accelerated rate of innovation. Really? Unless Vin Diesel or Paul Walker are manning this operation I'm tuning it out.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I halfway feel bad for posting cuz someone earlier said they didn't like the phrase "amazing" so uh..... sorrry in advance lol

I absolutely cannot stand when people talk like they are typing a text message to their friends. I understand in a world of 140 characters or less, when you have something long to say, you will abbreviate. But seriously, did your English teacher (or insert whatever they are called outside of America) really teach you that it's ok to say "I-D-K, my B-F-F Jill" out loud as an acceptable sentence???? Or another example "B-T-W I defs wanna go out T-N" or "obvi" etc etc I'm sure you all get the point.

It drives me bonkers. For real.
    I get the texting thing...but people who use that form of writing here in the forums makes me want to kick kittens LOL.

Kick kittens, dropkick puppies, yeah me too. It's not that hard to type a couple extra letters.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

SMH

I hate that!

YES.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    "Seamless transition".

I also get an eye twitch anytime I hear someone in customer service type roles who use the phrase "not a problem".
    For example, I'll be ordering something at Tim Hortons and I'll ask for extra salt packets. 9 times out of 10 the response I get will be "Not a problem".
    Makes me carzier than I already am.....
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's really bugs me when people use the word "literally" when they literally didn't do what they said.... maybe they just don't know what literally means. In case you were wondering literally means: actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy. I think people should start using the word figuratively.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    "bless her heart" :explode:
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    "That's how I roll"... It was funny several years ago when McLovin' said it. Now, its just lame and overused.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

SMH

I hate that!

YES.

along with FML. Really?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "That's how I roll"... It was funny several years ago when McLovin' said it. Now, its just lame and overused.
    I have a nerd friend who is about as ganstah as Paris Hilton that says that.

I call him Vanilla Ice