Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! (CLOSED GRP) - YES!!

Options

Replies

• CrysButcher3
    Options
    bump
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Great job everyone! We really have a nice group of gals here in Hubba Hubba! As always, the chart is wonderful!
    I'm getting really close to those 170's. I am super motivated to get there! Here's to a good week for all of us! :drinker:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    What a large group of losers this week:bigsmile: CONGRATULATIONS:flowerforyou:

Kudos to all of you and hope I can make that list
    sometime soon. :smile:

I have to get my willpower back. It took a sail into the sunset. :frown:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed weigh in, I was crazy busy yesterday. I'm still at 149
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers, great job ladies!

Bee- thanks for the challenge

Shirley- you can do it! I've been having my own struggles this week, so will use a thought of you to motivate me to make the next choice I make a healthy one (and then hopefully keep repeating that over and over this week, LOL).

3 inches of snow forecast for today, will make recess fun- better remember my boots, but can't decide if it's cold enough yet for snow pants.

~~Veronica
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the biggest losers this week keep up the great work!!!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks, petiteerrant!

gmomlyn - I won't be surprised to see you in the 170s with your next weigh in! You can do it! You ARE doing it!

Shirley61 - Willpower... Why not make a friend on here that you can both be accountable to each other on your profiles? I know several others are struggling with the same thing. You could be accountable for your exercise that day, your green numbers, your water, etc. Something to think about...

Thanks to everyone that posted about their weigh ins/inches even after the cutoff time. It is still helpful!

vallejos6 - 3" of snow... I'm still sitting in the minimal amount of clothes with nothing covering my feet. ;-) It is 93 degrees, right now. I do miss the weather where I used to live though. It was in the norther part of AZ, close to mountains, and it is already getting in the low 30s at night. It has obvious seasons and snow in the winter. We are building a retirement home there, so I will end up back there one day.

I was soooo happy with the progress of so many of us yesterday that I started (and finished) the name/colors/graphics, etc for the chart of our next challenge! ;-)

Today is the first time I have EVER weighed less than one of my children. I weighed in today at 143. One of my daughters weighs 143.xx. I don't remember the number after the point. ;-) What is coming up for me is 141. That was the lowest that I weighed after my last child was born. I weighed that over 16 years ago. At the time, that was heavy for me. :/ After that will be the 130s! Woo hoo! I should be able to reach both of those before Thanksgiving!

One last thing... THANK YOU to Frank's Enchilada Casserole! I've mentioned here before but for some reason it really helps me to lose weight! I had a small piece yesterday and on Sunday. In that time I've lost 1.4 lbs. Nothing else is ever different when it helps me. It isn't low cal or modified. I just log everything it has in it (and have a small piece) and work my day around it. It is delicious and always works. No, I won't lose that much every couple of days of eating it (darn it!). But it just gives a little extra push to my weight loss which is fine with me! A delicious food that helps? I'm there!

Thank you to all of you that have continued on with this challenge. I truly celebrate your losses with you! I truly feel for you when you are stuck or gaining. Please make the rest of today fantastic... food/water/exercise. I KNOW you CAN!
  • gmomlyn
    Options

One last thing... THANK YOU to Frank's Enchilada Casserole! I've mentioned here before but for some reason it really helps me to lose weight! I had a small piece yesterday and on Sunday. In that time I've lost 1.4 lbs. Nothing else is ever different when it helps me. It isn't low cal or modified. I just log everything it has in it (and have a small piece) and work my day around it. It is delicious and always works. No, I won't lose that much every couple of days of eating it (darn it!). But it just gives a little extra push to my weight loss which is fine with me! A delicious food that helps? I'm there!

So, did I read awhile back that this is something your husband makes? If so, want to share the recipe? Enchilada Casserole....hmmm....even the name sounds like something I would like.

Oh..and vallejos6 - 3" of snow? You can keep your snow for now, lol. I'm so enjoying the milder fall temps we've had here in NJ. Very rainy the couple of months, but the temps have been warmer than usual. Trees look beautiful though. The colors of the leaves are gorgeous and the leaves are falling from the trees.....but usually by this time in October most of the leaves are off the trees and this year they are still haning on. Today the sun is shining and I was outside without a jacket. Rain is coming tomorrow though. Figures. I have a GS meeting for my youngest Brownie troop tomorrow evening and the meeting is at the church basement we meet in. I cart everything back and forth for each meeting. It'll probably be pouring when I'm unloading my car!

Lyn
  • kcthatsme
    Options

So, did I read awhile back that this is something your husband makes? If so, want to share the recipe? Enchilada Casserole....hmmm....even the name sounds like something I would like.

Oh..and vallejos6 - 3" of snow? You can keep your snow for now, lol. I'm so enjoying the milder fall temps we've had here in NJ. Very rainy the couple of months, but the temps have been warmer than usual. Trees look beautiful though. The colors of the leaves are gorgeous and the leaves are falling from the trees.....but usually by this time in October most of the leaves are off the trees and this year they are still hanging on. Today the sun is shining and I was outside without a jacket. Rain is coming tomorrow though. Figures. I have a GS meeting for my youngest Brownie troop tomorrow evening and the meeting is at the church basement we meet in. I cart everything back and forth for each meeting. It'll probably be pouring when I'm unloading my car!

Lyn

It is from my husband. I don't actually know exactly how he makes it. I just had him tell me the portion of ingredients so I could log it. I'll be sneaky and watch next time. :-) Another food that looks interesting, on MFP today, is this one.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/352970-woman-s-world-fat-flush-soup

Looks tasty and sounds like it helps. I'm going to try it too!

Just think, all that carting, and hurrying to get out of the rain, will burn calories! :-)
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So funny Kristen that you posted about your enchillada dish.......
    I wanted to ask eveeryone to share their newest food dish, recipie, or go to food that has really been instrumental to you. Wether it is a new concoction of yours from your kitchen, a healthy adaption of an ol' family favorite or a new discovery that blew your socks off---PLEASE SHARE

Mine is a salad dressing i came up with
    I eat ALOT of salads and had a very hard time balancing fat/ calories/ taste/ sugar, until I started experimenting in the kitchen with non-fat Greek yogurt... I mix it with pickle juice and ketchup for a tangy dressing with ground turkey... I adapt it with some feta cheese and pepper for fish and the possibilies are just starting to evolve......

What is yours???

HAve a great day everyone..... and thanks for being there when i need you.......
    Christine
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!! Thanks for the get well wishes for my mom. Hopefully we can go home soon. She will then have to heal for a couple of months and then the chemo will start...
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!! Thanks for the get well wishes for my mom. Hopefully we can go home soon. She will then have to heal for a couple of months and then the chemo will start...

For some reason, I didn't realize it was cancer. I'm so sorry. :-(
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options

one day at a time........
    let us know what you need,,,,,
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • gmomlyn
    Options

Sending good wishes that your mom will be able to go home soon and her recovery will go well. Such a stressful time for your mom and you and your family! Be strong and stay positive!
    Lyn
  • gmomlyn
    Options

Mine is a salad dressing i came up with
    I eat ALOT of salads and had a very hard time balancing fat/ calories/ taste/ sugar, until I started experimenting in the kitchen with non-fat Greek yogurt... I mix it with pickle juice and ketchup for a tangy dressing with ground turkey... I adapt it with some feta cheese and pepper for fish and the possibilies are just starting to evolve......

yogurt with pickle juice and ketchup......sounds like a version of 1,000 island dressing? I don't really have any good recipes to share just now. I've been cooking just the way I always do, just keeping my portion sizes a whole lot smaller. Mostly I've been avoiding cooking all the things I really love and I know I would have a problem with overeating. :laugh:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Julidav, sending good vibes your way in hopes everything goes ok for your mom!

Well fellow Hubba Hubbers.....the first of the deadly eating holidays is upon us.....Halloween with all it's candy yumminess. Any tips for avoiding sugar cravings when your kiddos come thru the door packing tons of candy in their wake? (I'll have three of them bringing candy back home lol).
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i feel disconnected from the group and it's my own fault...i'm so busy with work, i'm not having any me time at all....i need to read thru the thread...i dont even know what our challenge is for this week?????
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job to beefluv86, petiteerrant, Scarlettdawn764, shickam062604, and gmomlyn for being this week's Biggest Losers! Gmomlyn you are so AMAZING!

Kristen the chart is so festive as always!

Good luck to all of you this week!