women of the Lord..I NEED YOU!:)

Options

Replies

• sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OH finally, in before a lock!

I have an eerie feeling that if posted "Women of Atheism, I need you!" And then went on to say I was looking for friends of like mindedness in both weight loss and free thinking, I'd be shut down in a heart beat. Oh, and I'd probably endure a personal attack or two. Because it's happened on here. Amazing how that double edge works. Can't have it both ways folks no matter how "insulted" you are. Get over it and make friends like the rest of us by posting your goals.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    You people holler it is against the rules , but i see alot of things on here that are against the rules. you should be ashamed of yourself, this person has came on here for help and to find like minded people to help her achieve her goals.

Im sorry your post for help has turned into a circus or who can out do the other. welcome to mfp, and please dont let this be a turnoff for you. the lord talks to each of us in a different way , and i wish you the best of luck.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know MFP had such closed minded people on here.

Although MFP is a private organization it follows the social norms and normal legal requirements that we not descriminate based on race, but we descriminate based on faith? I know this is an international website so the US Constitution has less weight - but I fully support the value/idea that we should all have freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

She is not saying "The only way to lose weight is with the Lord", she is looking for people she think would support her best in her journey! (PS Add me!)

How is she hurting anyone? She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

I am disgusted at some of these responses as intolerant, judgemental, and hypocritical.

Since you people just dont seem to get it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14924-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

and here ya go since you wont read it anyways13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about any of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

Her topic isn't about religion, she wants to make PRIVATE friendships with people like her - not preach to everyone here about why they need God to lose weight.

I would argue the SUBJECT of her post is finding like minded people.

If it bothers you so much, don't read it.

i've said the same thing about those who have publicly flamed me for posting pics they disagreed with, discussing my sexuality, and for my "foul language". still. there are rules. and in order to keep this site alive. EVERYONE must follow them. even if they're nonsensical, ambiguous, and ill-interpereted.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Why did the lord wait until you were overweight to tell you to be healthy? Seems kind of rude.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You people holler it is against the rules , but i see alot of things on here that are against the rules. you should be ashamed of yourself, this person has came on here for help and to find like minded people to help her achieve her goals.

Im sorry your post for help has turned into a circus or who can out do the other. welcome to mfp, and please dont let this be a turnoff for you. the lord talks to each of us in a different way , and i wish you the best of luck.

Holler?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    For clarification's sake does this mean we're not allowed to mention we go to the YMCA when people ask what gym we go to? Yoga in itself has a religious component! I don't get my panties in a wad if someone says they go to Yoga! I think you guys are overreacting -

so, by that logic, if i were to make a post saying that i only wanted LGBTQ members to friend me, and then i started talking about going to a queer gym, that would be OK? b/c i put up a post in celebration of the Repeal last month and it was locked inside an hour. with plenty of trolls dropping in. and gods forbid i mention being a pagan.

if the OP had put in her introduction that she would only like FRs from xians, or if she puts that on her profile, that's fine. but this is not. this is in violation of the rules of the site.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset about the lord part..I'm upset about the women part. What since I'm a man I'm not good enough?

Cute. :)

I demand equal rights!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i don't understand why people complain so much about the web site mods getting stricter, but alot of threads always seem to be a report battle.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    What the **** is this ****? I start a thread looking for other pastafarians and its locked within 3 minutes and this goes on for pages? This is ****ing ridiculous.

this.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Does Jesus eat his exercise calories?

I don't know but last time he turned all that water into wine I woke up in Chicago.

Does anyone else have a hard time explaining to Jesus that you would LOVE to partake in his body and blood and what not but you are already way over your carbs and sugar for the day? I swear every time I gotta tell this guy and every time he gives me the stink eye.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    What the **** is this ****? I start a thread looking for other pastafarians and its locked within 3 minutes and this goes on for pages? This is ****ing ridiculous.

I was coming here to say the same thing...you beat me to it!

I'm sure it's just that no mods are on at the moment.

But yeah, these always seem to last so much longer. We need atheist mods.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    I wonder how many calories jesus burnt being nailed up on the cross..... do you reckon its in the exercise search under Nailed Up !

Are you serious? Some people just don't know when to quit.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For clarification's sake does this mean we're not allowed to mention we go to the YMCA when people ask what gym we go to? Yoga in itself has a religious component! I don't get my panties in a wad if someone says they go to Yoga! I think you guys are overreacting -

so what exactly DO you think YMCA stands for?!?!?!

:laugh: :laugh:

She's trying to bait me into saying Young Men's Christian Association (yes I said it it's a GYM!!!!)- I mean if you can't say YMCA on a Fitness website, there's a serious serious issue! For me it happens that it's the closest gym (regardless of my faith) and has like 7 zumba classes a week.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The FSM is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in marinara;

he leadeth me beside the still garlic bread.
    He restoreth my starch!

he leadeth me in the paths of noddliness for his name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of oregano and italian seasoning,

I will fear no fork: for thou art with me;
    thy noodly appendages and thy meatballs they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine religious and irrational enemies:

thou anointest my head with garlic butter;
    my cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
    and I will dwell in the house of the FSM for ever.

RAmen!

196261.jpg

P.S. I'll pleasure a christian or an atheist woman...I am an equal opportunity lesbian. ;)

Let us thank our carby master for his kindness. RAmen.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    OH finally, in before a lock!

I have an eerie feeling that if posted "Women of Atheism, I need you!" And then went on to say I was looking for friends of like mindedness in both weight loss and free thinking, I'd be shut down in a heart beat. Oh, and I'd probably endure a personal attack or two. Because it's happened on here. Amazing how that double edge works. Can't have it both ways folks no matter how "insulted" you are. Get over it and make friends like the rest of us by posting your goals.

EXACTLLY
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The problem here is that the rules are not being used fairly across the users on this site. Anyone with an 'alternative' view (aka, not Christian) is locked immediately, even when only looking for like-minded friends and not trying to spread their beliefs. If the rules were monitored fairly across the site, we wouldn't be seeing the comments we are on this thread.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

But this isn't a topic *about* religion, this is a topic looking for friends,

yeah but even a quote in a signature is not allowed, this is a whole topic title...even worse...as a non-religious person, I don't want to see it.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to approach this with compassion, but if you have your convictions what bothers' you so much about others having theres (aside from the rules thing?).

it is simply a matter of principal.

All the GOOD threads (sexual innuendos, off-color jokes, etc) get locked and deleted almost IMMEDIATELY.

Just trying to keep the balance.
    If I can't have what I find fun and entertaining in the "Fun and Games", then why should someone else be able to blatantly break a rule like this?

fair is fair. to each his own.

I really don't give a **** who is religious and whatnot, like I said...just keeping the balance...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I was coming here to say the same thing...you beat me to it!

I'm sure it's just that no mods are on at the moment.

But yeah, these always seem to last so much longer. We need atheist mods.

We need mods who aren't terrified of a debate or conversation about religion, politics, etc.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    you should be ashamed of yourself
    and yet, I'm not....
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset about the lord part..I'm upset about the women part. What since I'm a man I'm not good enough?

Cute. :)

I demand equal rights!

File a complaint, everyone else is (But for good measure file one for EVERY single 'ladies' group on here!
This discussion has been closed.